Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
So you might buy an 18?

BTW a friend bought a new Grabber B GT 6M two weeks ago. He bought it on Sunny Coast but it APPARENTLY came out of Melbourne?..
Probably not but a MY19 maybe? Got a lot going on so it's far from being a priority.

Could've come out of Sydney and been the second car I rejected. it's not like they junk them, it would've been repaired and sold as new.

I'm going to the dealership today as the Ranger is due for service so I'll have a peak around the lot and see if it's still there. I know it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

EDIT: Nope not mine, it's still there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Wow, that's been a real long time then, what the hell was wrong with it?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Getting closer, messaged Ford Aus today. No VIN yet, but scheduled for a mid June build :thumbsup:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Wow, that's been a real long time then, what the hell was wrong with it?
Mine? Second one was panel damage. Easily repaired but I'm not paying new prices for a repaired car.

No sign of any MY18s in the holding yard, not that I thought there would be. Haven't seen any come through CEVA yet so they must be holding them at the dock or a different facility.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Getting closer, messaged Ford Aus today. No VIN yet, but scheduled for a mid June build :thumbsup:

I was told the same thing. Said to check back first week of June for vin.
Do you know if you're getting an my19? My dealer has said mine is so same time leads me to think yours is too

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I was told the same thing. Said to check back first week of June for vin.
Do you know if you're getting an my19? My dealer has said mine is so same time leads me to think yours is too
I had to change my colour, since Lightning Blue was discontinued for MY19. Also build starts June 12 iirc, so I think it's a pretty safe bet at this stage

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
I had to change my colour, since Lightning Blue was discontinued for MY19. Also build starts June 12 iirc, so I think it's a pretty safe bet at this stage
How long realistically til we see the car, September? Not really up to speed with new car process

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
How long realistically til we see the car, September? Not really up to speed with new car process
Kinda hard to say really. Originally the build-to-delivery timeframe was around 89 days, but mine only took about 75 (didn't spend long at US port, got lucky)

I doubt that has changed much if at all. I would think realistically before the end of September, optimistically middle of September. Of course luck goes both ways lol, so I'll try and keep low expectations

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Just notified by Ford - my car is on the ship Fedora and on its way to Australia.
The sms has sections to personalise my handover - pre-tune radio stations , select one-on-one feature demonstrations ?
Also has tutorials on features of car
Edit - just had a look and details are not updated for 2018 vehicles.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Just notified by Ford - my car is on the ship Fedora and on its way to Australia.
The sms has sections to personalise my handover - pre-tune radio stations , select one-on-one feature demonstrations ?
Also has tutorials on features of car
Edit - just had a look and details are not updated for 2018 vehicles.

Any idea when it docks?

Sponsored

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Trying to work it out but the site Ford directs me to is vague - at the moment it is near Cuba

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
How many of you guys are feeling a little nervous about this engine rattle issue that seems to be prevalent with the 2018 GT engine?

Fu Manhcu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 1/2, 2017 & 2018 FORD MUSTANG GT
1000 miles on my 18 GT... Have not noticed engine rattle... I can hear the dual low pressure and high pressure fuel injection though the rails and tubes...

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well I have just had word from Ford Australia that (even though my order was built on 28th March) it has still not been assigned a ship. They advised me to check back in a couple of weeks. Great!!!!

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Well I have just had word from Ford Australia that (even though my order was built on 28th March) it has still not been assigned a ship. They advised me to check back in a couple of weeks. Great!!!!
Your not alone PKs, iv'e heard nothing,and my car is also not assigned to any ship.:shrug:
Sponsored