Sponsored

I'm back and looking for a new GT - what are the finance options?

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just went to the Kia dealership to test drive the Stinger GTS to satiate my curiosity. I can't afford one but I'd be jealous of anyone that can; what an absolutely beautiful car to drive. The engine is savage and the chassis is sublime. HUD is a nice extra, too.

I also asked for a settlement figure. Ford said I had negative equity in the Optima because I gave them the wrong figure (I miscalculated). I actually have ÂŁ1500 in equity, thus its ÂŁ323.89 per month with a loan to get the Mustang.

So even more reason to grab a MY17 whilst I can. They'd also happily delay the delivery until March 29th so I can collect the car the day my insurance needs renewing.

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow. :lol:

Shadow black, of course. :cool:
Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
The best colour

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Very much at the 11th hour I've stopped to think about this car long and hard. I owned one only three months ago and I did have grievances with it and reasons for selling it which will still be present. I have a brochure for the 2018 model and the Stinger, so I am simply going to leave those to stew for a year and see where I go with it as I need to start putting some savings in the bank. :)

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Very much at the 11th hour I've stopped to think about this car long and hard. I owned one only three months ago and I did have grievances with it and reasons for selling it which will still be present. I have a brochure for the 2018 model and the Stinger, so I am simply going to leave those to stew for a year and see where I go with it as I need to start putting some savings in the bank. :)
What a waste of time....! :frusty::frusty::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
What a waste of time....! :frusty::frusty::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Well the thread is useful for someone who's looking to buy a Mustang.
I understand his dilemma, complicated time to buy a MY17.:shrug:

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I think it’s a waiting game with the 17s. They aren’t even offering £2k on carwow at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens mid March when the two are sitting along side each other on car forecourts. I think I’d only be tempted to pay £32-34 for one now and it would have to be grabber blue with all the goodies. I’m going to wait until about April to see what the score is with the Bullitt/ discounts/ MY19. Binned my AMG so that’s a good thing.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I think it’s a waiting game with the 17s. They aren’t even offering £2k on carwow at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens mid March when the two are sitting along side each other on car forecourts. I think I’d only be tempted to pay £32-34 for one now and it would have to be grabber blue with all the goodies. I’m going to wait until about April to see what the score is with the Bullitt/ discounts/ MY19. Binned my AMG so that’s a good thing.
My salesman said they had a email from Andy Barret saying the Bullitt will categorically not be coming to the UK

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't bother with the stinger,you would soon get bored with it.You dont get that feeling with the V8!

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I understand his dilemma, complicated time to buy a MY17.:shrug:
Basically this.

I owned a 15 only three/four months ago. When I got to the dealership and sat inside their black demonstrator, it finally hit home that I would be spending silly money on the exact same car I used to have. Given I've basically lost all my deposit from buying an executive car (which at the time was a requirement, hindsight is a lovely thing to have), I'd either be walking out with a PCP with high monthly payments, or a five year loan with a payment due in three years, neither of which really sat well with me when it came to the 11th hour.

So I've got a brochure for a 2018 Mustang sitting on my desk to act as motivation. :p

coast2coastcars.co.uk are already offering ÂŁ3281 off new MY18 models, too, so I'll be seeing what I can wangle together either this July or when my Optima hits its one year birthday in October. I'll be going back to my original plan of buying an 18 or 19 with the updated power-plant.

c2cMustang.png

This is a GT Auto base spec, FWIW.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Basically this.

I owned a 15 only three/four months ago. When I got to the dealership and sat inside their black demonstrator, it finally hit home that I would be spending silly money on the exact same car I used to have. Given I've basically lost all my deposit from buying an executive car (which at the time was a requirement, hindsight is a lovely thing to have), I'd either be walking out with a PCP with high monthly payments, or a five year loan with a payment due in three years, neither of which really sat well with me when it came to the 11th hour.

So I've got a brochure for a 2018 Mustang sitting on my desk to act as motivation. :p

coast2coastcars.co.uk are already offering ÂŁ3281 off new MY18 models, too, so I'll be seeing what I can wangle together either this July or when my Optima hits its one year birthday in October. I'll be going back to my original plan of buying an 18 or 19 with the updated power-plant.

c2cMustang.png

So how does the site work, do they build the car to order or find a car with that spec coming through?

As that’s quite a saving to be had on new prices

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Basically this.

c2cMustang.png

It never makes sense to own the same car twice, I did that once. Got my Saleen S197, modded it, 2 years late it sold it and got an M3 CSL.

Then over a year later the guy I sold it too wanted a CSL and I wanted it back, so we did a switch, I did some more mods and eventually a further two years later I sold again.

Did I regret it, yes and no, I got rid of a truly iconic car first of all for it, the M3 CSL, which if I'd have kept it would now be worth north of 60k, maybe over 70k and keeping that would of resulted in me not buying another M3. But I also do not regret it as the Saleen was a hugely special car, more so than the S550 because it was a Saleen, you never see them in the US let alone the UK and no other car in the history of all my other cars ever got so much attention, the Saleen truly owned every car I've owned for getting attention. By today's S550 standards it was cheaply put together, though in the 50,000 miles I did the only issue I ever had was with the handbrake, the car otherwise was faultless which was not bad as I took it from the stock 300HP upto 576HP and it never missed a beat and it was a daily all year round driven car.

But the S550 though special, is not special enough and to own the exact same model twice would absolutely be a mistake, I suspect after a month and the honeymoon period you'd probably regret it unless you got a truly epic deal on a 17 and by epic I'd be saying 32k brand new.

Your better of with an 18 buddy, yes its going to cost you 4-6k more 40k VS 34k, but your getting more than 6k worth of a kit even if you keep the 18 pretty much with no options, remember you get the following over a 15-17:
- Active DRL's, they look better too, more polished.
- Better headlights, should illuminate road better as I think LED based.
- A far superior engine, forget the peak figures, the response, power under the curve difference is way better than any bolt-on gen2 Coyote, this new gen3 I guarantee you will be night and day improvement over the gen2, instant response and of course a lot more power and torque when you always need it.
- Active exhaust, that is 2k right there for an exhaust that is one of the best sounding I've heard full stop and should you ever want more noise, ÂŁ200 for a resonator H or X pipe delete.
- Revised manual transmission, I am not to keen on the ratio's, super long but the clutch feel will feel more natural and the box will just be more a joy to use. Also the best modification for this new manual transmission would be to drop some 4.10 rear end gears in as the bum of the pants feel improvement would be seriously amazing, I went from 3.62 to a 3.91 in the M3 and it gave more gains than the remap. Going from a 3.55 to a 4.10 in the 18 would be epic due to its naturally long gears.
- Digital cluster, it truly is a work of art, when I had a play with it in the US I was blown away by how good it looks and how clear it is even in sunlight.
- The additional safety features and other toys.
- Higher quality leather wrapped wheel, you really notice this.
- Heated wheel, I thought a gimmick, but I am using mine all the time, truly fantastic on these cold mornings.
- Revised Performance Package suspension, supposedly there is now no float in the stock setup as Ford further improved the dampers to better match the springs.
- If going auto, you get A10 which is a big improvement over A6 in every way.

In short you pay more, you get a lot more and on the flip side you feel the need to do less with the car, of course its still a Mustang so the amount of modding options is unlimited but as the new car is a whole heap quicker and better handling out the box, you can spend more on styling.

The one thing I would highly recommend as an option is mag ride and then a set of GT 350 lowering springs and 15mm spacers all round, then you have the handling sorted along with stance/aesthetics. :)

I had to spend a lot more to find a viable alternative to the Mustang that meets my criteria, namely naughty loud V8 in a rare car. The only true contender I see at similar price point is the BMW M2, they look like angry bulldogs, have superb handling and are holding value incredibly well, I think the residuals are better than Mustangs, so that could be maybe something else for you to look at and I know BMW do 0% deals on finance too.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Get rid of the Boxster..they are girlie cars...i did,,:lol:
You are not trying hard enough..!!

Speak with Tara at Sandicliffes, Leics...she will sort you out a good deal.
I saved ÂŁ2200 on a brand new Grabber..Auto and fully loaded..

Couldnt find anyone that could come close. Mention my name.. Peter Tew and tell her i sent you.. Just a train ride then to pick up.!!

Let me know how you get on Pete :headbang:

Grabber Blue IS the fastest...and especially in AUTO....:first:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So how does the site work, do they build the car to order or find a car with that spec coming through?

As that’s quite a saving to be had on new prices
To quote their website:
How do you get such big discounts? – What’s the catch?

It’s just like bulk buying. We give each of our supplying UK main dealers hundreds of orders from our customers every year, and dealers give a lot better discounts if you’re buying hundreds rather than one.
Costco, but with cars, basically. :D
They even deliver it to your door (driven) if you don't want to drive to one of their dealers (whom I believe are mostly in the Midlands).

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Wow thanks for that, it’s like carwow with knobs on :ford:
Believe it when I see it though, it’s more than they are offering on 17s
86B21DC0-80CF-47D4-9D7E-EF55035A029A.jpeg

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:DPerhaps they’ll throw in a free Balti as well if they are in the Midlands:lol:
Sponsored