Sponsored

The oil in our separator's

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Its ok to just dump this back in the motor right? I get about 2 tablespoons every 1500 miles or so..... btw, have the JLT one.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Apart of me feels he already dumped the "oil" back into his car before asking the question. If he did and something went wrong with his car, hope he is not one of those people that would blame a company for a "faulty part" that ruined their car.

OP
OP
Triton54

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Apart of me feels he already dumped the "oil" back into his car before asking the question. If he did and something went wrong with his car, hope he is not one of those people that would blame a company for a "faulty part" that ruined their car.
Of course I did, I would be pretty shocked if this motor, (that runs pretty warm normally) can't handle a couple of tablespoons of oil from the sep. in a 9+ quart sump, and its castrol edge on top of that. I doubt ANY oil related issue would a occur....

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's fine. It's just oil vapor mixed with moisture. 2 tbsp in 8 qts is like nothing.

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't got one yet and have been meaning to ask the same question as i've never had one on a car before and this Mustang is the first i've owned that 'needs' one.

Doesn't it also mean we need to top up oil regularly?...

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Probably smells more like gasoline than oil. My F-150 produces quite a bit, particularly in the winter months. I dump it on the poison ivy in my fence row. Works as good as 2-4-D! And, a lot cheaper!

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
In the 4k-5k miles I've had my JLT attached for it's pulled about 3-4oz. of oil out. I keep it in a little bottle so I can monitor the accumulation.

To those that say we don't need an oil separator, I'm sure there's an argument along the lines of it being such a small spray at a time that it gets burned up anyway.... but I can't help believe that over the life of the engine, having a few quarts of oil make it's way in doesn't matter.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I haven't got one yet and have been meaning to ask the same question as i've never had one on a car before and this Mustang is the first i've owned that 'needs' one.

Doesn't it also mean we need to top up oil regularly?...

It does not 'need' one or Ford would be forced to provide it with the car.