Sponsored

[CORRECTION] 2019 GT500 will NOT Debut at Chicago Auto Show

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Always interesting when sources are conflicting. Mine was adamant there would be no cf shaft which I find interesting given how the '13-'14 GT500 was touted as having needed it to reach its ~200mph top speed (among other reasons). The recent mules that another source witnessed, directly from underneath, all had two-piece steel shafts as well.

Again, I hope you're right.
Here you have the keyword. The first verification prototypes will be on the streets in a few months.

Is it possible that the car that your source saw was a GT350 and not a GT500? Remember that we will be seeing both side by side. Again, as I just said the CF shaft will be available, however not surewether it will be base equipment or optional.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There were numerous mules. All with supercharged 5.2L engines, DCT transmissions, and two-piece steel driveshafts. They were GT500 mules.

I honestly can't fathom a driveline component, such as a CF driveshaft, being optional. Part of an option group? Still a reach. Too intertwined. Both would have to pass crash testing, specific NVH tuning for each, etc. And if they didn't go with CF shafts across the board (for example) the cost climbs even higher if volume is lower due to a competing driveshaft also being available.

I hope the car has one and that the business case against it somehow didn't prevent it.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
There were numerous mules. All with supercharged 5.2L engines, DCT transmissions, and two-piece steel driveshafts. They were GT500 mules.

I honestly can't fathom a driveline component, such as a CF driveshaft, being optional. Part of an option group? Still a reach. Too intertwined. Both would have to pass crash testing, specific NVH tuning for each, etc. And if they didn't go with CF shafts across the board (for example) the cost climbs even higher if volume is lower due to a competing driveshaft also being available.

I hope the car has one and that the business case against it somehow didn't prevent it.
Is it possible that we see a two piece steel driveshaft for the GT500 and a CF one for the GT500R?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Is it possible that we see a two piece steel driveshaft for the GT500 and a CF one for the GT500KR?

Fixed! :) I actually prefer the simplicity of just "R" - but if there is a stepped up version of the GT500, you can rest assured, it will be a KR. ;) :ford:

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Fixed! :) I actually prefer the simplicity of just "R" - but if there is a stepped up version of the GT500, you can rest assured, it will be a KR. ;) :ford:
Actually nameless is correct, it will be a GT500R not a KR. Stripped down 2 seater track focused GT500 (the GT500R will be to the GT500 what the GT350R is to the GT350).

Well see....

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Actually nameless is correct, it will be a GT500R not a KR. Stripped down 2 seater track focused GT500 (the GT500R will be to the GT500 what the GT350R is to the GT350).
So... are you saying that is for sure that they will be using the “GT500R moniker”?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OK man - I have to say it. In a sea of enthusiasts who cant find a thing out - you have all of the answers...and some of them don't make a ton of sense... If it was just one, I'd be like, "Hey, I didn't know that, what a surprise!"....but at this point, I call BS. You're friend might be playing a game on you.

Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
OK man - I have to say it. In a sea of enthusiasts who cant find a thing out - you have all of the answers...and some of them don't make a ton of sense... If it was just one, I'd be like, "Hey, I didn't know that, what a surprise!"....but at this point, I call BS. You're friend might be playing a game on you.
Time will decide if all of this is BS or not.

We’ll see.....

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It would make more sense to debut the GT500 in Las Vegas. I like this thread ,don't kill it.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Actually nameless is correct, it will be a GT500R not a KR. Stripped down 2 seater track focused GT500 (the GT500R will be to the GT500 what the GT350R is to the GT350.
You mean a cool idea that most "enthusiasts" bloated up with things like A/C, touch screens, fancy radios, soft rollover door covers, dual zone climate controls and blinker mirror housings? Great.
Sponsored