Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
with all the teasing and as drawn out as this car has been if it isnt an absolute monster that beats the zl1 1le pretty handily, im gonna be annoyed. im not in the market for one at all but ford will look silly otherwise. i do really like how it looks from the birds eye though

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Any possibility we see one live at Ford Nationals in Carlisle or the AmericanMuscle.com show next month? They seem like great events to launch the GT500 at.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Blimey......I didn't give MT credit.......so that IS an official photo :eyebulge:

However:

"Here it is, the one shot of the GT500 released by Ford. It is rumored to make 700hp, have an upgraded IRS suspension, and a 2.0L or larger supercharger on top of the 5.2L flat-plane-crank V8, but Ford might for the gold and make more. The guys at Ford aren’t saying a word."

Sorry chaps, I 'aint buyin' that bit.

It for 100% sure does not have a FPC.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
It for 100% sure does not have a FPC.
This will be interesting to see. I've seen information from a credible forecasting source that shows the production line where the Essex, Ontario plant STOPS making the 5.2L in 2020 and the Romeo, Michigan plant starts making both naturally aspirated and boosted 5.2L in 2019. I've also seen information from a different source that the boosted 5.2L will have CPC.

My forecasting info source does not provide detail on crankshaft configuration, but it doesn't seem likely that Ford would move a crankshaft manufacturing operation from one plant to another, and even less likely that they would install a second FPC manufacturing process while decommissioning the first one. It also doesn't seem likely that they would provide naturally aspirated and boosted versions with the same displacement but two different crankshaft configurations (two sets of rods, possibly two sets of pistons for very low volume).

I'm inclined to believe that the assumption of a naturally aspirated variant may be incorrect, and that 100% of the Romeo plant 5.2L will be supercharged. I'll be seeing updated info from my forecasting source in a couple weeks. I'll make it a point to check if they are still showing a naturally aspirated version beyond 2020 (my other source that has tech data and shows only a CPC 5.2SC doesn't show NA past 2019)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if the hood will fit the GT350?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ or no stripes? :)

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Wonder if the hood will fit the GT350?
Great question. A worthy swap if it fits without any other hardware changes. However, if it is composite (not necessarily CF either) it is gonna be pricey!

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
This will be interesting to see. I've seen information from a credible forecasting source that shows the production line where the Essex, Ontario plant STOPS making the 5.2L in 2020 and the Romeo, Michigan plant starts making both naturally aspirated and boosted 5.2L in 2019. I've also seen information from a different source that the boosted 5.2L will have CPC.

My forecasting info source does not provide detail on crankshaft configuration, but it doesn't seem likely that Ford would move a crankshaft manufacturing operation from one plant to another, and even less likely that they would install a second FPC manufacturing process while decommissioning the first one. It also doesn't seem likely that they would provide naturally aspirated and boosted versions with the same displacement but two different crankshaft configurations (two sets of rods, possibly two sets of pistons for very low volume).

I'm inclined to believe that the assumption of a naturally aspirated variant may be incorrect, and that 100% of the Romeo plant 5.2L will be supercharged. I'll be seeing updated info from my forecasting source in a couple weeks. I'll make it a point to check if they are still showing a naturally aspirated version beyond 2020 (my other source that has tech data and shows only a CPC 5.2SC doesn't show NA past 2019)

100% sure it won’t be FPC.

Your source has been misleaded. Voodoo is FPC; Predator is CPC. Both engines wil coexist for at least one model year. Did you guys hear or read about the Raptor small “update”? Something similar is coming to the GT350 (but don’t get too excited, it won’t be big).

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice work!
Sponsored