Exterior color to go with Showstopper Red seats

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Race Red with Showstopper Red looks shockingly amazing. Got to see one (a fastback) with that color combo in person a few weeks ago. Completely sold me on the combination for my upcoming 2019 order. The fact that the seats are two toned with black makes it damn near perfect - it’s like the exterior is simply bleeding into the interior.
This -Spork gets it!!! Stunning combination. The red is only the seat fronts and some door trim. Perfect combination.:cheers:
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
But do you think Race Red looks good with a black convertible roof when the roof is up?
Perfect match of black/red. Stock color combo on Mustangs since 1964. It is classic and it works for verts.
Lots of pics on the net.
Also look at the 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red with the black roof (factory stock).

Go to any mall and look at the parking lot....nothing but a sea of silver, grey, black, white--is that what you really want ? Boring!! Grey guys are gonna get me for that one.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Completly agree with you on the fastback, no questions. But do you think Race Red looks good with a black convertible roof when the roof is up? (Plus Race Red with a roll bar should be a police magnet :) )
Race Red on a vert is gorgeous, especially with PP1 and its black rims.
My 2001 GT was a red convertible with black roof (not “Race Red”, the equivalent color which was “Performance Red”) and I was complemented on it all the time. If I go with a convertible for my 2019 order (race red, showstopper red interior), I may get a black California Special Spoiler and get black or carbon fiber aftermarket hood vent inserts to add to the “black on red”.

BTW - My previous 3 Mustangs (1990 Vert, 2001 GT Vert and 2013 GT Fastback) were all Race Red or the equivalent red-coloration... yet I’ve gotten pulled over more in my 2016 Magnetic GT than in the other three combined (and I’m not driving more aggressively or any differently than I previously have :p ). Don’t buy into the myth of red cars get pulled over more. :p :) Also, it’s worth mentioning that those red ones were fairly easy to keep “clean looking” whereas my Magnetic shows every last spec of dust or dirt - I swear it gets dirty if I look at it wrong after a wash/detail. :lol: :frusty:

Last edited:

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Personally I think magnetic is gorgeous, but it would be a pain to keep clean. I am not a fan of red with Blue, my personal choice there would be tan instead. i am like you I have never been a fan of solid colors, except for grabber blue. That being said I do love my oxford whit vert with the redlins interior and whit is very easy to keep clean looking.
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
IMG_0549a.jpg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I had a close look at a race red 18 PP1 convertible wiith red seats yesterday. Looked really good

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Keep in mind, blue exterior with red interior means you’ll basically be driving around Superman. :p

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I'm picking up an '18 Premium Vert with Race Red over Showstopper Red. I didn't think that I'd like that combo, but I do, a lot. The interior Red seems less overdone than past model years to me and the Black Accent Pkg seems to tone all the reds down even more. I plan on gloss black wide GT500 style stripes and that should balance both colors out even better. I'm 64 and don't feel too old for something like this. You shouldn't either...
20180502_132640.jpg

OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
'11 V6 Convertible, '19 GT Convertible (upcoming)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone,

To close this discussion, after all, I placed an order for Race Red with Ebony Stripe :)

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Race Red with Showstopper Red looks shockingly amazing. Got to see one (a fastback) with that color combo in person a few weeks ago. Completely sold me on the combination for my upcoming 2019 order. The fact that the seats are two toned with black makes it damn near perfect - it’s like the exterior is simply bleeding into the interior.
That's the ticket Spork. If I get the gonads to tell the bride I want an '18 to go with hers it would be a Race Red coupe with Showstopper Red interior, and the black accent package. I'm not asking for much I don't think.....:thumbsup: :D

OP, I agree that Ingot Silver with the red interior is classic also.

OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
'11 V6 Convertible, '19 GT Convertible (upcoming)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my car in Race Red with a stripe..
IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg
Sponsored