OP
OP
Saleen308

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Yes, several packages available & we have the ability to speak with you & tailor a package to fit your needs & budget.

We are just about to celebrate 30 years in the industry ... you won't be disappointed in our quality & parts!

Here is a review from a customer yesterday on 6G - he is very happy

We look forward to working with you & taking your S550 to the next level!

TJ
I had a Steeda Stage one package on my S197 GT so I'm very familiar with the quality on the parts and service.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Darn it, Wildcat, you know us too well!!!

Unfortunately, I left the part out about "our parts are the best".

TJ

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
By now you've gotten IMs from BMR and Steeda saying their stuff is the best. And then you're reading differing opinions from people who all seem to be an expert on what to do.
I make no claims to be an expert, but I do love the change they've made to my car! Especially the sways!!

Definitely agree with doing it in stages to an extent. That way you can notice how each change impacts the car and appreciate it better, but if you get a much better deal doing it all at once no reason not to go that way instead.

Darkhelmet22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White 5.0
I have a PP car and I went with
BMR SP080 springs
Steeda fixed pro-action struts/shocks
Steeda rear strut mounts
BMR CB005
Steeda diff inserts
Ford racing toe bearings
I find this setup gave me a noticeable difference in handling but also got rid of that bounce that PP dampeners tend to give. With that said... get a quality set of tires!! Switching from the shit Pzeros to Michelin Super Sports was almost a bigger difference than all the suspension upgrades. The tires stopped lots of wheel hop, I got traction back in 1st and second gear, and the lateral grip is much improved. Plus they ride really nice.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
What I think I want is the Ford Performance Track Suspension pack, but I really want the Steeda Sport Progressive Springs instead for the "gentle" rake and slightly lower front-end. I may end up buying the FP Kit and the Steeda Springs, and selling the FP springs, unless I can be convinced to go a different route ;)

I'm unsure how good I'd be at installing this myself, and it doesn't seem cost effective to buy all of these pieces separately; Because of this, I'd rather get everything at once and do it all together.

So, I'm following this thread carefully as well. I do know I likely want to stay with Steeda - I've had good experience in the past.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
What I think I want is the Ford Performance Track Suspension pack, but I really want the Steeda Sport Progressive Springs instead for the "gentle" rake and slightly lower front-end. I may end up buying the FP Kit and the Steeda Springs, and selling the FP springs, unless I can be convinced to go a different route ;)

I'm unsure how good I'd be at installing this myself, and it doesn't seem cost effective to buy all of these pieces separately; Because of this, I'd rather get everything at once and do it all together.

So, I'm following this thread carefully as well. I do know I likely want to stay with Steeda - I've had good experience in the past.
The Pro-Action shocks are perfect match for the Steeda Progressive springs. Just got off a two week drive on the Ford track dampers with different spring combos and they are definitely harsh. Traditionally Twin tube low pressure dampers will provide a better ride quality. If you decide to go with this combo I will pm you a promo code.

All the best,

Steeda Tech

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION], it may need a few months before I purchase, but option 2 for me was:

1. Steeda Proaction with Bump stop front/rear
2. Sport progressive Springs
3. Steeda Front and rear sway with endlinks

I have $1300 worth of items sitting in my cart at Steeda.com, but I've just bought a few other things and want a Blowfish shift/driveshaft loop bracket too ... so I am having to moderate. :lol:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Although I'm sure the Ford set is an upgrade on what you have, Steeda just offers more of a complete package that addresses everything and you can do it in stages. Although I'd say to do the proactions and springs together, you can definitely delay the sway bars until a bit later to get the funds back up.

Even though you're in Texas and not as near to them, I'm sure you'll still get the stellar service that they're known for and that I've experienced a number of times with Mike (SteedaTech) and the rest of the team. Hell, I checked my mail earlier and I had received a personalized thank you from them!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I was going to be easy to convince, because I've be hesitant to pull the trigger on the FP for awhile. So, I'll probably go option 2 with all Steeda. I mean, I've already invested in the IRS Rear-brace, and G-Trac K, so I may as well keep the theme going.

If I could schedule a cross-country drive, I'd probably pay for install at Steeda too. I'll probably wind up at Dallas Mustang for the actual install. While I'm fine doing most installs, oil changes, basic work, etc. I'm not sure how I'd do with this by myself without help/expertise.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to be easy to convince, because I've be hesitant to pull the trigger on the FP for awhile. So, I'll probably go option 2 with all Steeda. I mean, I've already invested in the IRS Rear-brace, and G-Trac K, so I may as well keep the theme going.

If I could schedule a cross-country drive, I'd probably pay for install at Steeda too. I'll probably wind up at Dallas Mustang for the actual install. While I'm fine doing most installs, oil changes, basic work, etc. I'm not sure how I'd do with this by myself without help/expertise.
Save your money (=more parts) and install the springs/dampers/sways yourself. It seriously is not difficult. You can order the front struts and springs assembled from Steeda if you want to avoid the most daunting bit of the install.

Also...A Holiday weekend is coming...may want to get your credit card warmed up, and issue the wife a warning-order, for the presumed epic sales (I know I am) :clap2:

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I've got carts loaded at a few sites, including Steeda, just waiting. :lol:

Like I said, for whatever reason, this seems more daunting to me then other things I'm fully capable of doing. I can't screw up too badly I don't guess.

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just went with Steeda's progressive springs and adjustable pro actions, the ride is slightly stiffer than stock with the bounciness eliminated. Perfect for a daily driver, I daily mine in LA traffic so I needed something comfortable- this setup hits that mark pretty well.

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

You can get the FP dampers without the springs if you want.

OP
OP
Saleen308

Saleen308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
UPDATE:

Ordered a suspension set up from Steeda:

Front and rear sway bars
Rear Toe Rods
Camber plates
Progressive rate springs
Steeda-non adjustable shocks/struts

I'll report back when I receive it and get it installed.

Rodney at Steeda was very helpful with answering all my questions and concerns.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

The Ford Performance track suspension is excellent. I'd recommend though getting pieces separately.

If I were you, I'd buy the Ford Performance dampers and then a linear spring of your choice. I'd recommend either BMR SP763s, Steeda Sport Linear, Ultralite linears or BMR SP083s. After that, address the cradle deflection by getting a BMR CB005 (my preference) or the Steeda subframe braces. Lastly add the Ford Performance toe-knuckle bearing and you'll have a vastly improved handling car.

Hold off on getting sways until you think you need it or want to adjust the balance of the car. The Ford Performance sways are too stiff IMO. I currently run the BMR bars with my SP083s and have even found those too stiff. I have GT350 bars waiting to be installed in place of those.

My advice would be: do your research. don't overdo it, and don't lower the lower too much (it messes with the geometry).
Sponsored