Sponsored

Koons Ford (and other dealers posting prices well below MSRP)?

Troublemaker427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP1 Auto
A X-plan pin needs to be obtained from a current or retired Ford employee. A friend of mine worked for Ford and provided me one. I believe normally it locks the dealer price in at $1000 over invoice but Koons was well below that. It can also be used to limit the associated fees that Ford dealers charge above the cost of the car. They were able to use the X-plan pin for this in my case.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
A X-plan pin needs to be obtained from a current or retired Ford employee. A friend of mine worked for Ford and provided me one. I believe normally it locks the dealer price in at $1000 over invoice but Koons was well below that. It can also be used to limit the associated fees that Ford dealers charge above the cost of the car. They were able to use the X-plan pin for this in my case.
X-Plan can be had with membership into Mustang Club of America ($50 per year).

Employees get some other plan like Y or Z.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A X-plan pin needs to be obtained from a current or retired Ford employee.
If that isn't an option. I heard that joining the Mustang Club of America includes an X plan pin. I also heard if you have owned even one share of Ford stock for 6 months, you can get one. I don't think anyone waits 6 months to buy a car but if that is true might be worth buying a share and sticking it in a drawer for any and all future Ford purchases.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
I also heard if you have owned even one share of Ford stock for 6 months, you can get one. I don't think anyone waits 6 months to buy a car but if that is true might be worth buying a share and sticking it in a drawer for any and all future Ford purchases.
It's not 1 share, it's 100 shares.