Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Ok well then looks like they weight pretty much the same. So whats your excuse for the 5.0 weighing the same despite being 1.2 liters smaller?

Whats Fords excuse for being so stingy with their displacement?

Also Im a Corvette guy not a Camaro guy.
What's the excuse for the 5.3 weighing as much as the 6.2?:lol:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I like Mustangs I love what Ford has done with the 2018 they're great cars. I just hate how everyone around here thinks that they're the second coming of Jesus though. Facts are there pretty much even with a Camaro in a straight line.
All kidding to the side.
What do you think the Stang will run with the PP2 option. This is the one that has me interested.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
All kidding to the side.
What do you think the Stang will run with the PP2 option. This is the one that has me interested.
If it had the auto that would be a good race. Especially if u heat up the cup 2's for the run. Granted not a drag radial but sticker than the ps4s

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That one retard on their site said it was done in "hero air" - what the actual fuck?

Seems like the kind of forum that you can argue with and is so persistently moronic that it makes your brain hurt.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The new “only fair realistic metrics” will be..(ala Camaro6)

Camaro: All runs between 0-500 foot DA. Less than a full tank is okay. Track prep to the point of pulling shoes off is okay. A regular driver is okay as long as they’re extremely experienced in drag racing. 15 practice laps allowed.

Mustang : All runs must be between 1,500 and 2,000 foot DA. Full tank plus 2 45lb free weights must be loaded. Must be on totally unprepped track with a barely competent driver. Must be done at the high temp of the day and can only do one pass.

A slight bit of hyperbole but still close.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like Mustangs I love what Ford has done with the 2018 they're great cars. I just hate how everyone around here thinks that they're the second coming of Jesus though. Facts are there pretty much even with a Camaro in a straight line.
[YOUR going to have to point out to me these second coming of Jesus comments. I can show you posts I've made saying the cars are even in a straight line. But since were talking facts. Your not here because you love what they have done to the Mustang.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
One extra shift compared to all the other runs we have heard. Maybe for the first time 3.55 axle is the best??

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
One extra shift compared to all the other runs we have heard. Maybe for the first time 3.55 axle is the best??
Lund was speculating the same thing.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The new “only fair realistic metrics” will be..(ala Camaro6)

Camaro: All runs between 0-500 foot DA. Less than a full tank is okay. Track prep to the point of pulling shoes off is okay. A regular driver is okay as long as they’re extremely experienced in drag racing. 15 practice laps allowed.

Mustang : All runs must be between 1,500 and 2,000 foot DA. Full tank plus 2 45lb free weights must be loaded. Must be on totally unprepped track with a barely competent driver. Must be done at the high temp of the day and can only do one pass.

A slight bit of hyperbole but still close.
You forgot tire pressures as well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The 3.55 has always been the best gear.:D

OP
OP

yo ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey guys, I am sorry that the thread has gotten a little out of control. I wish I could give you the exact numbers, but I promised I would not until the story came out. From what Evan told me the car is a blast to drive, and with a little practice most everyone will get great numbers at the track. Ford really put a great package together for anyone that likes to drag race.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
It's always a driver's race. Someone could always shift slow or spin the tires. That said, the auto vs auto videos show the Mustang GT pulling away from the Camaro SS.
There's plenty of videos showing the Camaro pulling away from the Mustang it's all up to the driver with these two cars. Even when it's all Auto vers Auto.
Sponsored