Kona vs. Lightning

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Kona all the way. I saw Lightning Blue in person when I was ordering my Grabber Blue 17'. Something just wasn't settling with me on that color like DIB and Kona do. I think it's the angles the sunlight hits both colors and how it changes.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Kona Blue is a beautiful color, but IMO I prefer Lightning Blue. I like how its nice and bright in direct sunlight, but seems to have a bit different shade to it when the sun goes down

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My 2018 GT PP in Kona. It’s definitely a beautiful color, but I agree, a bit more maintenance to maintain. I think it’s worth it though. :thumbsup:
moar pics please. Think you might be the first member with a Kona 18. Everyone else is getting that damn orange color.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 GT PP in Kona. It’s definitely a beautiful color, but I agree, a bit more maintenance to maintain. I think it’s worth it though. :thumbsup:
First one I've seen on the forums and the deep blue does look good. I prefer my Lightning Blue but I like Kona more than DIB.

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Personal taste. I absolutely love my deep impact blue, but if I had to choose today between those two I would go kona all the way!

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
I’d love to see more Pics of your car [MENTION=10641]Jason29[/MENTION].

I was torn between Kona, Lightening, and White- I went for Kona. IMO darker shades have a bit more gravitas. I want depth in my finish.

I have about 30 days to go before I get mine.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
moar pics please. Think you might be the first member with a Kona 18. Everyone else is getting that damn orange color.
Agreed. Would love to see some pics showing the colour in different light.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think different colors look good on different cars - for example, I have DIB on my '14 and I love it, but somehow it didn't look as good to me on the S550s. Maybe it's the number of darker parts or something that frame it differently? I don't know...

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2011 in Kona and it's a great color in direct sunlight, but on a cloudy day it goes really dark and the purple comes out more. IMHO a deep blue shade somewhere in-between Kona and Lightning would be perfect.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Get lightning so that they make less kona cars and mine becomes more rare! Lol

OP
OP
Endokendal

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I have a 2011 in Kona and it's a great color in direct sunlight, but on a cloudy day it goes really dark and the purple comes out more. IMHO a deep blue shade somewhere in-between Kona and Lightning would be perfect.
Something like Deep Impact Blue? :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Something like Deep Impact Blue? :D
Haha, yeah no kidding. DIB was going to be my pick when I was wanting a 15-16. Was super let down when they got rid of it in favor of lightning blue for 2017, Kona being back from the dead isn't bad at all, I think it's a very upscale color to go with the S550 design. DIB is still the most striking one in my eyes, though.
Sponsored