Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Headshrinker, do you have a resonator delete or is this the only exhaust mod? I'm just curious because I have the Lethal H-pipe resonator delete.
Sponsored

OP
OP

HeadShrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Pkg, Comp Orange
Headshrinker, do you have a resonator delete or is this the only exhaust mod? I'm just curious because I have the Lethal H-pipe resonator delete.
This axle-back is the only thing I have done to my exhaust system.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm just trying to gauge how loud it would be. After the resonator delete I think the car sounds like it should have from the factory, but not quite loud enough. I might just go ahead and order this.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Would be nice to see a video of this exhaust with an H-Pipe, curious to see how it compares to the setup I have. Someone do it for science!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mine for comparison; cats / stock mufflers / H-pipe:

A video clip of yours would be awesome :)

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pulling the trigger on this. Can't beat the price.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd expect these to drone with a resonator delete, FYI. Based on the comments about the sound, they're almost guaranteed to.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'd expect these to drone with a resonator delete, FYI. Based on the comments about the sound, they're almost guaranteed to.
You think everything drones.. cept for a $1300 corsa axleback :lol: :cheers:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Mine for comparison; cats / stock mufflers / H-pipe:

A video clip of yours would be awesome :)
Is it me, or do I hear the rasp with just an H pipe resonator delete?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You think everything drones.. cept for a $1300 corsa axleback :lol: :cheers:
No, Borla, AWE, Krona and Roush also make ones that don't.

Very deep, bassy exhaust notes create a lot of boom in the car, which usually leads to drone. Simple resonated glass packs like this kind of muffler (and the SLP LM2, Magnaflow Comp) do precisely that. Some people don't care. Others do. The systems that don't are more baritone, less bass, and have some form of frequency cancellation to kill the 100-150 Hz stuff.

With the resonator on it's probably pretty manageable and not headache-inducing.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is it me, or do I hear the rasp with just an H pipe resonator delete?
Stock mufflers are pretty raspy (and the rasp is very tinny) without the resonator.

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

Very deep, bassy exhaust notes create a lot of boom in the car, which usually leads to drone. Simple resonated glass packs like this kind of muffler (and the SLP LM2, Magnaflow Comp) do precisely that. Some people don't care. Others do. The systems that don't are more baritone, less bass, and have some form of frequency cancellation to kill the 100-150 Hz stuff.

With the resonator on it's probably pretty manageable and not headache-inducing.
0 drone in my MBRP Street

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White

Very deep, bassy exhaust notes create a lot of boom in the car, which usually leads to drone. Simple resonated glass packs like this kind of muffler (and the SLP LM2, Magnaflow Comp) do precisely that.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I fully support a good quality exhaust and its characteristics, but I'm going to state my case here.

So far I have tried the SLP mufflers I have with resonator and with an H-Pipe as well as just straight H-Pipe without mufflers. You're right about having the resonator keeping it significantly quiet and unnoticeable in the cabin. However I'll have to chime in on the drone with the H-Pipe.

In a nutshell there's barely any drone, there is rasp if you go 50%+ throttle above 3500RPM. Only drone I experience is temperature dependent, at 2000 RPM/highway speed like many other exhausts. Sometimes there's none at all, sometimes it's there, just depends on humidity and how hot/cold it is. But it's not so much that it would bother anyone, kind of like "oh yeah there it is" and you move on because it's not constantly booming. Most people that have been in my car don't even notice it.

Straight pipe, forget it...never straight piping this car because in my opinion it sounds like crap.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I'm not disagreeing with you because I fully support a good quality exhaust and its characteristics, but I'm going to state my case here.

So far I have tried the SLP mufflers I have with resonator and with an H-Pipe as well as just straight H-Pipe without mufflers. You're right about having the resonator keeping it significantly quiet and unnoticeable in the cabin. However I'll have to chime in on the drone with the H-Pipe.

In a nutshell there's barely any drone, there is rasp if you go 50%+ throttle above 3500RPM. Only drone I experience is temperature dependent, at 2000 RPM/highway speed like many other exhausts. Sometimes there's none at all, sometimes it's there, just depends on humidity and how hot/cold it is. But it's not so much that it would bother anyone, kind of like "oh yeah there it is" and you move on because it's not constantly booming. Most people that have been in my car don't even notice it.
I have the SLP LM2 with the Roush X pipe and this is my same experience.

The real litmus test was asking my wife if she thought the exhaust was too loud or drone-y inside the car at speed. She said "no, I mean, it IS a Mustang... it sounds just right". :headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Straight pipe, forget it...never straight piping this car because in my opinion it sounds like crap.
I've heard the SLP LM2 with the Borla resonator. It has mild drone near/around 2000 rpm. It sounds nice and is very deep. It's overall a little boomy but not objectionable. Just the nature of a simple cylindrical muffler with packing. They'll all sound similar and produce similar results.
Sponsored