Tap/Tick during acceleration

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wondering if anyone else have this noise. When driving by a wall or anything that bounces noise back I can hear rapid tapping/ticking noise from somewhere under my car. The noise isn't present when idle and seem to get louder as the engine warms.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Possible driver side exhaust midpipe leak (common, warranty will replace). Otherwise, I hear similar noises in my Mustang, Durango, and Toyota Camry I had before the Durango. Each car working perfectly. Just a reflection of a noise that happens to break through the rest of the hubbub.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Have the same, appears normal, therefore I ignore it.

OP
OP

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Possible driver side exhaust midpipe leak (common, warranty will replace). Otherwise, I hear similar noises in my Mustang, Durango, and Toyota Camry I had before the Durango. Each car working perfectly. Just a reflection of a noise that happens to break through the rest of the hubbub.
I've been wondering if it's a leak somewhere. Will go get it tested out.

GodsWarrior93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any updates? I have the same exact thing, only can hear it driving slowly next to a wall or a parking garage. Drives me crazy

Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m getting the same exact thing, any updates from anyone in this thread?

I’m scared that this is one of those bbq tick issues but it sounds different i.e. not as intense. It only happens in sport mode and light throttle. I also did switch to an H-pipe so I’m hoping it’s just a leak.

OP
OP

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Update to this issue.

Haven't been driving my car much over the past few months but this morning, seemingly out of nowhere, the tick/clattering got extremely loud. So loud that I can hear it reverberate in a small street. It's a ticking noise during clutch engagement and acceleration up to about 3k rpm and then it gets drowned out. Throw gear into neutral while moving and the sound goes away. Took it to a long time mechanic pal, says that noise is coming from between the motor and drive shaft area so he deduced that it's from the bell-housing, likely from something loose around the pressure plate. Don't know if this is related to the original issue but I've left the car at the dealer for now.

aero84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Morais
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Have you found a solution?
Sponsored