HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase

well , general air pollution wasent the question and is not the reason for the tax mentioned above. The bpm payable on a passenger car is determined by the car’s CO2 emissions. co2 is a part of the air and that part is just 0,038% . the air pollution in stuttgart or hamburg is not high because of big v8 cars with euro 6 clean engines.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
well , general air pollution wasent the question and is not the reason for the tax. the taxes are because of the co2 . co2 is a part of the air and that part is just 0,038% .
Not correct. German restrictions and taxes are about CO2 and NO2, but since we're talking about CO2 a the moment...

"It is being driven by global trends like urbanisation, by CO2 emissions and by China. Electric is the only way to meet CO2 targets."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ossroads-congested-polluted-car-industry-jobs

"But Ms. Merkel also has lobbied in Brussels for softer emissions targets and has so far refused to set a date for exiting coal production. Germany’s carbon emissions have not declined in about a decade. Having reiterated a target to cut carbon emissions by 40 percent by 2020 as recently as last summer, Ms. Merkel recently admitted that it will in fact be missed by a wide margin."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/world/europe/diesel-driving-ban-germany-stuttgart.html

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I read his personal Cobras in the 1960s were often automatic. He would be in his early 40s then.
The account I recall is that yes, Shelby's personal Cobra was an automatic. But it was retrofit late in his life. No Cobra was an auto from the factory.

Oddly enough, early Shelby Mustangs were manual only, later ones offered an auto (to boost sales), yet all the modern Ford built "Shelby's" have been manual only.
Of course, Shelby was happy to build/sell as many cars as he could to make more money. While Ford limits production of Shelby Mustangs to well below what the market wants.

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
Not correct. German restrictions and taxes are about CO2 and NO2, but since we're talking about CO2 a the moment...

"It is being driven by global trends like urbanisation, by CO2 emissions and by China. Electric is the only way to meet CO2 targets."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ossroads-congested-polluted-car-industry-jobs

"But Ms. Merkel also has lobbied in Brussels for softer emissions targets and has so far refused to set a date for exiting coal production. Germany’s carbon emissions have not declined in about a decade. Having reiterated a target to cut carbon emissions by 40 percent by 2020 as recently as last summer, Ms. Merkel recently admitted that it will in fact be missed by a wide margin."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/world/europe/diesel-driving-ban-germany-stuttgart.html

not correct? well, first you send some links about air pollution in 2 cities in general. that was a answer to my post about co2. that was not correct, because my post was NOT about air pollution in general . it was about the horrible tax a dutchman has to pay becaus of the CO2 a Mustang produces. not about the amount of all it polutes. the mustang drives with euro 6 and burns very, very clean. in fact , there is not a better scale than euro 6 yet.

I pay my taxes for my car because of the amount of co2 that car emmits. that and the size of the engine is written in my tax bill. 2 euros per 100ccm and for every gramm co2 above 120gramm emission per km i pay 2 euros.

I guess you understand the following . its from wiki germany and here you have it written.

Am 26. Januar 2009 beschloss die Bundesregierung die Reform der Kraftfahrzeugsteuer. Die neue Steuer besteht aus zwei Komponenten: Hubraumsteuer (Sockelbetrag nach Hubraum) und Kohlenstoffdioxid-Steuer (Zusatzbetrag nach spezifischer Kohlenstoffdioxid-Emission)

so it is about the co2. and the fact that co2 is just 0,038% of the earths air stays a fact. greenland was green once and the romans went over the alps in sandals 2000 years ago.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
not correct? well, first you send some links about air pollution in 2 cities in general. that was a answer to my post about co2. that was not correct, because my post was NOT about air pollution in general . it was about the horrible tax a dutchman has to pay becaus of the CO2 a Mustang produces. not about the amount of all it polutes. the mustang drives with euro 6 and burns very, very clean. in fact , there is not a better scale than euro 6 yet.

I pay my taxes for my car because of the amount of co2 that car emmits. that and the size of the engine is written in my tax bill. 2 euros per 100ccm and for every gramm co2 above 120gramm emission per km i pay 2 euros.

I guess you understand the following . its from wiki germany and here you have it written.

Am 26. Januar 2009 beschloss die Bundesregierung die Reform der Kraftfahrzeugsteuer. Die neue Steuer besteht aus zwei Komponenten: Hubraumsteuer (Sockelbetrag nach Hubraum) und Kohlenstoffdioxid-Steuer (Zusatzbetrag nach spezifischer Kohlenstoffdioxid-Emission)

so it is about the co2. and the fact that co2 is just 0,038% of the earths air stays a fact. greenland was green once and the romans went over the alps in sandals 2000 years ago.
Regarding the wikipage, ja, ich verstehe. Why two cities? Because they are the best known for auto disputes (home of Porsche, Mercedes, BMW...). The tax? My point is that, while the tax charge is based on simple CO2 output (and Engine size!), the construct behind the tax, LEZ, etc is tied to more than CO2.

However, I'll stick to CO2 only. 2000 years ago, CO2 levels were nowhere what they are today, and they continue to rise. Whether it's God or our Mustangs causing the rise can be debated all day. But the fact remains, there is more carbon dioxide in the air today than there was yesterday, and many believe that it is because of fossil fuels. The result of increased carbon output, among other things, is warmer temperatures (how's Berlin's temps lately?)...hence the tax. As a GT350 driver (along with a couple other big engine cars) I am not judging. But fact is fact.

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

Sponsored

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the wikipage, ja, ich verstehe. Why two cities? Because they are the best known for auto disputes (home of Porsche, Mercedes, BMW...). The tax? My point is that, while the tax charge is based on simple CO2 output (and Engine size!), the construct behind the tax, LEZ, etc is tied to more than CO2.

However, I'll stick to CO2 only. 2000 years ago, CO2 levels were nowhere what they are today, and they continue to rise. Whether it's God or our Mustangs causing the rise can be debated all day. But the fact remains, there is more carbon dioxide in the air today than there was yesterday, and many believe that it is because of fossil fuels. The result of increased carbon output, among other things, is warmer temperatures (how's Berlin's temps lately?)...hence the tax. As a GT350 driver (along with a couple other big engine cars) I am not judging. But fact is fact.

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

again, it NEVER was about the fact, that the amount of co2 rises nor was my post about air pollution. it was about the fact, that a dutchman pays 40000 euros for a car as a price and 80000 euros because this car emits much co2. about the fact, that this kind of taxation is ridiculous. why? because petrol is already expensive enough because of the enviroment Tax. a big engine generates tons of tax money just becuse it uses tons of gas. that forces many people to use small engines and electric cars anyways. that should be fair enough even for green and left standarts. you love US Cars, you pay the price. But no, not for left, nazi green politicians. the dutch tax of 80000 euros for the Mustang is just a typical punishment for those people who feel and think different even when they are willing to pay all the gas price and tax for a V8. it is a punishment for those who dare to buy a product that is not conform with the holy spirit of the green, left brainwashed masses. it kills the freedom of choice because it turns a US Car into a luxury car for rich people. dont you see that? It is about freedom. shouldent we not have the freedom to drive a V8 and to pay gas tax for it? is it right to take 80000 euros tax for a stang just to make it unafordable for jack everyman? i grew up in east germany. everything different than official politics was a big problem for those who felt different. there you payed for your freedom the hard way. green left ideologists dont want to convince the people, they want to educate them. i remember as i was young . in east germany. same shit, different subject. cheers mate. thats all i have to say about that.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
pretty hilarious the 8 series just looks like a stang from the side

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
These very high taxes on Dutchmen would explain why the whole of Europe in summer is plagued by old stinking Dutch cars, often towing caravans. I suppose they use these stinkpots because they can't affort a decent new car because of the barmy tax.

They must have voted in the idiots that imposed the tax I suppose, democracy in action.

:amen::cheers:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
These very high taxes on Dutchmen would explain why the whole of Europe in summer is plagued by old stinking Dutch cars, often towing caravans. I suppose they use these stinkpots because they can't affort a decent new car because of the barmy tax.

They must have voted in the idiots that imposed the tax I suppose, democracy in action.
Of course it's not just how efficient a new car is but they energy used to create one, so in many instances it's better to keep an older more polluting car than buy a new slightly less polluting one. There are of course exceptions.
Sponsored