Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Has anybody that has been on the waiting list got in? Would hate to miss the opportunity.
You need to keep calling and asking for cancellations. That’s how I got in. People cancel all the time. First come first serve.
Sponsored

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You need to keep calling and asking for cancellations. That’s how I got in. People cancel all the time. First come first serve.
I'll continue calling even though they're saying they will call me. I tried signing up last year and nobody called me back, so I guess I'll just keep calling weekly. They really should give you more than a year if they aren't going to have enough spots available.

ttn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350R
Did anybody get the video package? How was it and was it worth the price?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I plan on calling tomorrow but if already registered, is it too late to add a "non-driving guest participant"? My son might go with me, would be great if he could attend the classroom and then get a ride with the instructor.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I plan on calling tomorrow but if already registered, is it too late to add a "non-driving guest participant"? My son might go with me, would be great if he could attend the classroom and then get a ride with the instructor.
They do limit the number of non driving guests. Call asap.

Sponsored

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
On my way out there right now. Getting excited as I wait in the airport :)

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You'll have a great time. I wanna do it again.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Can you get more track time for your non-driving guests, even if at a cost? I heard it's 3-4 laps; does that check with you guys that have done it with the guest?

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Just went last week, 7/2 - 7/3. Seriously an amazing experience!!! You will learn so much about the car. Top notch all around and I had a blast. Ford organized this so well and there are so many nice touches (free tshirt, stick with photos, plaque, etc). I was so impressed with Ford and moreover, with the GT350! I pushed it so hard and the car never really flinched, even when the tires got hot (it was 100 degrees when I went). With this car and this experience, my perception of Ford has changed entirely, and I would definitely consider buying another SVT vehicle.

For those on the fence on insurance as I was... I went back and forth and even on the day of, flipped again. In the end I bought it, mainly so mentally I would not hold back. That proved to be the case, as I floored it every chance I got and didn't hold back at all. If you don't plan on doing that, I would say it's probably not necessary. The event is well organized and controlled, and the car itself is really difficult to push out of control. We had one group of drivers end up on the gravel (though I'm not sure why and there was no accident), but alot of drivers in my group drove quite a bit slower and for them, definitely not necessary (there's still a $5k deductible).

Have fun!

Sponsored

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Can you get more track time for your non-driving guests, even if at a cost? I heard it's 3-4 laps; does that check with you guys that have done it with the guest?
It's actually only 2 laps for non-driving guests - bit of a let down for them, cause they just hang out all day and don't do a whole lot. There's no option for more laps. My GF had a decent time just knowing how much fun I had, and she had other non driving guests to keep her company.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Can someone that attended recently comment on what time in the day they finished up? Trying to see if can catch a flight out of SLC the same day as the course but flights to the east caost seem to stop around 6pm.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Last year we ended with the chaperone/2nd person ride alongs after the last on-track session, probably around 4:30ish, seems 5 PM was the cut off to finish the day.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Last Monday we were finished with the "graduation" ceremony a little before 5 PM. A few people left before the ceremony at around 4:30. The airport is about a 20 minute drive from the track.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm curious if any experienced track day gentlemen have attended this and how they liked it. After reading the agenda I was a little let down with the track sessions being so...controlled.

Living in Ohio this would not be a free event, flights, probably 1 night in a hotel if not 2, etc. I'm just wondering if I'd feel this is targeted more towards the novice or intermediate level driver? I could probably do 3 full track days for the cost of this event and trying to figure out what to do. I'm also slightly annoyed that the second day option is in a GT, not a gt350.

As you can tell, I'm slightly down on this looking for some perspective and opinions. Thanks everyone!

Ps, very impressed that Ford does this for new owners!
Sponsored