Sponsored

modified stock downpipe

NotAcamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP MT, 1977 Camaro
I've been debating modifying my stock down pipe to remove the 2 1/4 bottle neck.
I have a 2.5in cat back and im considering removing the 2 1/4in section of the stock down pipe and replacing it with some 2.5in pipe.
has anyone done anything like this?
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If the only purpose of this is so the DP will mate with your exhaust, go for it. It will eliminate the choke.
The other option is a 3" catted downpipe, in which case the exhaust will be the choke. but that is another can of worms .

Another option is to take the downpipe to an exhaust shop and have them stretch the 2.25 section to 2.5.

OP
OP

NotAcamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP MT, 1977 Camaro
If the only purpose of this is so the DP will mate with your exhaust, go for it. It will eliminate the choke.
The other option is a 3" catted downpipe, in which case the exhaust will be the choke. but that is another can of worms .

Another option is to take the downpipe to an exhaust shop and have them stretch the 2.25 section to 2.5.
The exhaust has a 2.25 reduction so it can mate up to the downpipe.

My main goal is to remove some of the restriction in the exhaust without ditching the stock cat.

I had not thought about having it stretched, I'm not sure how that would work with the flex pipe

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
i did that, changed the flex pipe to a larger one and removed the resonator. It's worth it if you have a tune and want to keep the stock cat to avoid a check engine light
Sponsored