Firehawk Indy 500 tires

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just ordered some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Anyone running these that can comment on them?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I personally love them. They are grippy for the price, good in the rain, quiet, sidewalls aren't super stiff though.

They are not falken azenis, or mpss's, but I think you will like them.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I personally love them. They are grippy for the price, good in the rain, quiet, sidewalls aren't super stiff though.

Thanks man. I bought them as an alternative to MPSSs. They were almost $300 cheaper with shipping and everything from TireRack and I just couldn't justify the extra cost of the MPSS right now, since I am putting them on my stock 18" rims which I intend to replace in the not so near future.

This way I can use and abuse them a little until I'm ready to get the RTR Tech 7 wheels that I'm craving.

These will replace my Pirelli PZero Nero A/S that have 20K miles on them and they're about finished. Off the line I have zero grip left haha. Zero burnouts since I've owned the car and the Pirellis still suck.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got them in a 275/40r18 on all four corners.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got them in a 275/40r18 on all four corners.
As did I. I just put them on yesterday. @Dspec summed them up well. Soft sidewall leads to less than optimal steering feel/precision, but they're pretty sticky, quiet and CHEAP. One more thing, the tread width is down 0.4" on the same size Sumitomo HTRZ3, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare in autocross and HPDE, both will happen before end of April.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Great looking car [MENTION=18090]Competition Orange[/MENTION]
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
As did I. I just put them on yesterday. @Dspec summed them up well. Soft sidewall leads to less than optimal steering feel/precision, but they're pretty sticky, quiet and CHEAP. One more thing, the tread width is down 0.4" on the same size Sumitomo HTRZ3, so it'll be interesting to see how they compare in autocross and HPDE, both will happen before end of April.

When you say less steering feel/precision, do you mean less feel through the steering wheel?

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yes, it's a function of the softer sidewall.
I might actually like that. The way it is now with stock tires and the Ford Racing suspension - it's a lot of steering feel. Although I have no idea, the stock Pirelli AS might be an even softer sidewall so who knows.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I might actually like that. The way it is now with stock tires and the Ford Racing suspension - it's a lot of steering feel. Although I have no idea, the stock Pirelli AS might be an even softer sidewall so who knows.
Yeah, I can't comment on the stock all seasons, but I'd venture to say these are significantly better at everything but cold temps/snow than they are, including feel.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Yeah, I can't comment on the stock all seasons, but I'd venture to say these are significantly better at everything but cold temps/snow than they are, including feel.

What pressures are you running? First I've heard the soft side wall with this tire.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im at 32psi on all corners now, I haven't messed around with pressures yet.

What is everyone else running?

-doug

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
I was looking at these but going with 265/40R19 in front with the 275/40R19 in back. Anyone run a 265 up front on a PP wheel?

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I've got a par on my rear wheels. I cannot say enough good things about them. One of the best tires I've ran on any car I've ever owned.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium

The sidewalls on these aren't soft, not stupid hard but they aren't soft. You sure you didn't get the old Indy 500 wide ovals?
Sponsored