Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Maybe I am just confused which is not hard to do..
No, your not. Just a lot of folks have been awaiting for this car for a long time---especially former 01 and 08 owners. Things just get a bit hot at times....especially with the car "out" but lots of information missing which just fuels speculation.:cheers:

Earlier post edited.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I'm still basing mine on the fact I was quoted 51K out the door for 401A, PP2, Shaker, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security with 6% tax and tags.

I'm factoring in about $500 for special paint and $1k for the other stuff. So I'm anticipating about $52.5-53 for Bullitt, electronics, magnaride.
UAmach1- i fully understand. I just think trying to compare this to a PP2 is a mistake. This is just a different type of animal. But hell--i hope i'm damn wrong! But with having owned every "unique" new Mustang since 99 I feel pretty secure (ive passed on the GT350--R or nothing and CA market is nuts on that one). I also come from the perspective of an older friend having owned a Ford dealership ( now sold and retired thus my inside connection gone) who taught me alot about the Ford system, ordering, allocations etc. it just is not as simple as folks outside the industry would think. Ford has some 3000 dealers all wanting to be first.... and trying to keep them all happy and supplied with vehicles is a damn science.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Since they are doing a 'stripper bullitt,' the 'upgraded stereo' is probably just the 9 speaker system that all premiums have. The stripper one probably has 6 speakers.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
UAmach1- i fully understand. I just think trying to compare this to a PP2 is a mistake. This is just a different type of animal. But hell--i hope i'm damn wrong! But with having owned every "unique" new Mustang since 99 I feel pretty secure (ive passed on the GT350--R or nothing and CA market is nuts on that one). I also come from the perspective of an older friend having owned a Ford dealership ( now sold and retired thus my inside connection gone) who taught me alot about the Ford system, ordering, allocations etc. it just is not as simple as folks outside the industry would think. Ford has some 3000 dealers all wanting to be first.... and trying to keep them all happy and supplied with vehicles is a damn science.
An example of this is that I ordered my '01 Bullitt from a smaller Ford dealer in the Detroit area and I had to wait a longer period of time than if I ordered it from one of the larger (volume wise) Ford dealers. The smaller dealer was allocated fewer Mustangs (and subsequent Bullitt models) because their overall sales volume was lower.

Sponsored

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
One thing to point out is that Ford has, so far, done a heck of a lot more media presence with the 2019MY Bullitt than they ever did for either the '01 or '08. I know of '08 owners who weren't aware of the '01's (Ford admitted they had a very limited advertising budget for the '01 Bullitt) when they were first put up for sale and the '08 was introduced during the infancy of the car companies using social media.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It maybe rare for a base one to be sitting at a dealership but that does not matter. Just go order one. No limit on production like the GT350 so you can get one built exactly how you want it.
Not true as I want the A10 transmission, but I know what you mean. It will be hard for dealers to mark them up if you can go down the street or get someone, anywhere else to order you one, unlike the GT350.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The video on their new models was really well done. Especially the Bullitt part. With Ford not limiting the production to a certain number of cars and the work of getting Molly and the orig Bullitt on stage, the professional video in the garage, etc. make me think Ford wants to sell a LOT of these. Offering it in black will really increase the number of folks that will buy it. A lot of foks do not want to modify their cars, and for the first time, I am not incentivized to mod this car, unlike the (slow, in my opinion) '09 I owned.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The video on their new models was really well done. Especially the Bullitt part. With Ford not limiting the production to a certain number of cars and the work of getting Molly and the orig Bullitt on stage, the professional video in the garage, etc. make me think Ford wants to sell a LOT of these. Offering it in black will really increase the number of folks that will buy it. A lot of foks do not want to modify their cars, and for the first time, I am not incentivized to mod this car, unlike the (slow, in my opinion) '09 I owned.
While this is probably true, i see VERY few black 01 and 08-09's. I've seen more blue 01's than I have Black of 01/08-09 combined.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
24% of the 08-09 cars produced were in black. Means that 76% of buyers made the correct decision
I just don't see non-Green Mustangs as Bullitt cars, sorry, a black or blue Bullitt is just WRONG. :tsk:
But I also think that Dark Green should NOT be reserved for Bullitt Mustangs only. :frusty:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I just don't see non-Green Mustangs as Bullitt cars, sorry, a black or blue Bullitt is just WRONG. :tsk:
But I also think that Dark Green should NOT be reserved for Bullitt Mustangs only. :frusty:
That's why when I saw Guard being offered I had to scoop it up.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I actually like the idea of a black Bullit. At night, you can probably barely tell the 2 apart. But I'm not a big fan of green cars, so a black bullit is interesting to me.

I like the debadged / sleeper appearance, with performance pack, "special edition".

The only thing I kind of wanted is 10-speed auto. I know the original was manual only, but once again I think this is Ford holding back the GT's performance a little to not infringe on GT350 performance territory.

Give the PP2 with bigger wheels or the Bullit with more HP, a 10-speed auto and either would be knocking on or beating the GT350 performance.

Prediction... in 3 years, the next gen GT will have PP2 wheels, 475hp, and 10-speed Auto with full trackpack coolers, and beat a GT350 around any track.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not true as I want the A10 transmission, but I know what you mean. It will be hard for dealers to mark them up if you can go down the street or get someone, anywhere else to order you one, unlike the GT350.
Yes, built how you want it within the options allowed. I too want the A10. I am going to sell my GT350 and wait a year before I buy something else. Maybe in 2020 they will off the Bullitt with the A10. Not likely, but hey, a man can dream right?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I actually like the idea of a black Bullit. At night, you can probably barely tell the 2 apart. But I'm not a big fan of green cars, so a black bullit is interesting to me.

I like the debadged / sleeper appearance, with performance pack, "special edition".

The only thing I kind of wanted is 10-speed auto. I know the original was manual only, but once again I think this is Ford holding back the GT's performance a little to not infringe on GT350 performance territory.

Give the PP2 with bigger wheels or the Bullit with more HP, a 10-speed auto and either would be knocking on or beating the GT350 performance.

Prediction... in 3 years, the next gen GT will have PP2 wheels, 475hp, and 10-speed Auto with full trackpack coolers, and beat a GT350 around any track.
I generally prefer Black, but a Dark Green is the only color I'd prefer to Black.

I think the manual is only missing on the Bullitt due to "classic" reasoning. I think it's missing on the PP2 because manuals tend to do better on roadracing as you have less hunting for gears.
Sponsored