2017 Mustang GT ticks

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I've had this problem for about 6 months, as have a few others on this forum. Seems most get it disregarded as normal, though.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Do you have a manual car?

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Oh wow so many replies...
I had a similar noise with my Charger Scat Pack before, maybe it is caused by the crap Gas we have here. I can only get 93 E10 stuff. What are u guys using?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Oh wow so many replies...
I had a similar noise with my Charger Scat Pack before, maybe it is caused by the crap Gas we have here. I can only get 93 E10 stuff. What are u guys using?
What you heard was probably the hemi tick.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.pure-gas.org/

"Welcome to the definitive list of stations that sell pure, ethanol-free gasoline in the U.S. and Canada!
"

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Car still at the dealership. Along with the throw out bearing last I was told I was getting the flywheel, clutch, throw out bearing, and clutch slave cylinder replaced... Which the service guy now says the ticking is gone but I will have to see what the final paper work says. Of which also won't be until it comes back from the body shop for the body panel re-alignments. Supposedly will be back later this week. We shall see.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
https://www.pure-gas.org/

"Welcome to the definitive list of stations that sell pure, ethanol-free gasoline in the U.S. and Canada!
"
I know this map already, unfortunately there is no gas station without E10 in the Chicagoland area.

What you heard was probably the hemi tick.
I knew about the Hemi tick back then, but this ticking came after the first oil change, similar to the BBQ tick that comes after oil changes as well, very weird.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Alrighty. Tried to pick up the stang this morning but due to even worse front bumper fitment issues it was left at the dealership. Read the paper work for the issue and what fix they did. Tech/Mechanic believed the ticking was being caused by uneven clutch wear on the pressure plate. Because of this uneven wear it was causing the slave cylinder to rattle.

Most likely will get the car back next week at this point so we shall see if the issue is actually resolved or not.

Sponsored

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Alrighty. Tried to pick up the stang this morning but due to even worse front bumper fitment issues it was left at the dealership. Read the paper work for the issue and what fix they did. Tech/Mechanic believed the ticking was being caused by uneven clutch wear on the pressure plate. Because of this uneven wear it was causing the slave cylinder to rattle.

Most likely will get the car back next week at this point so we shall see if the issue is actually resolved or not.

If it's not fixed and it turns out to be an engine/bearing issue like mine was then let me know. I'll give you the info of the dealer and service advisor who got my short block replaced without any hassle here in Fort Worth.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
If it's not fixed and it turns out to be an engine/bearing issue like mine was then let me know. I'll give you the info of the dealer and service advisor who got my short block replaced without any hassle here in Fort Worth.
I'll keep that in mind thanks.
A new clutch assembly probably wasnt a bad idea either though now that I think about it. It had been feeling a bit off the last few months. So it should work out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Is that covered with the warranty? I'm just wondering.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Is that covered with the warranty? I'm just wondering.
Sorry, which part?

Uneven clutch wear should be since it came that way from the factory. The panels issue got approved by the warranty from what i was told.

Shadowblack5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I had the BBQ tick on my 16 GT, ended up with a whole new long block. They said there was severe scoring on the inside of cylinder 8 that was making the noise.
Sponsored