Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I think it'll do just fine. However, we'll have to see how Ford's improvements to the Gen II engine does as far as longevity and reliability.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Yes..

2018 explorer sport 2.3 ecoboost engine
Shadow black with leather and moon roof.

First hand experience is a new ford explorer sport with all season all wheel drive intelligent mode fun trunk .the "wife daily driver" I put a performance chip in it woke it up ,and comparing it to my stang with 450whp. 430torque it's peppy too say the least..I took it off roading on snow the motor gave plenty of power down low in the 3000 to 4000 rpm the torque was assume "Mikey Thompson" fun ,and 4x4 mode it climbed just about anything and everything we put in front of it.."" Truck it would be fun "".. Explorer wet on the scales from the big trucks it was 5000 pounds and 2.3 motor felt ridiculously fast not stang fast but 5.9 sec in sport mode on paddles , and I hammered it on all fronts I was very impressed.. 300whp. 350 torque is what I think it would dyno at and will do when Cobb comes out with a tuner for it..:ford:

Turbo blanket is on it just in case the funny boys come out
T3 titanium on eBay in case they were wondering..

Need catch can "vendor s" any ready

We did a full tank of 93oct gas with torco for fun as test fuel and has flex fuel capable ,so e30 will be my next test and will do a write up on this thread..:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks [MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION]. From what I could understand, it seems interesting,,,got some learning to do with this engine:lol: Thanks for your offer to keep the info flowing :thumbsup:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I think it's a perfect choice. This allows them to put the 2.7 in the Raptor.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
That would be fun to do with an old Ranger...

Myfirst4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
I am perhaps one of the few people on here that have owned a newer Ranger. I lived in worked in Malaysia for a few years and still have a second home there. I owned a diesel 2.2 Ranger when I lived there full time and can tell you it was great. It wasn't fast but was adequate for me and I still miss the truck. The 2.2 diesel has far less hp and even a bit less torque than the 2.3 ecoboost so I feel the new engine will be more than sufficient. Also dont forget that it wasnt very long ago that the f-150 V8 had around 250 hp and around 300 torque.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I am perhaps one of the few people on here that have owned a newer Ranger. I lived in worked in Malaysia for a few years and still have a second home there. I owned a diesel 2.2 Ranger when I lived there full time and can tell you it was great. It wasn't fast but was adequate for me and I still miss the truck. The 2.2 diesel has far less hp and even a bit less torque than the 2.3 ecoboost so I feel the new engine will be more than sufficient. Also dont forget that it wasnt very long ago that the f-150 V8 had around 250 hp and around 300 torque.
Been to Malaysia once (2008). Cool place. Too bad you can't take a RHD new Ranger with a diesel home to the 'states :headbang:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update..

I had the exhaust replaced resi deleted and 2.5 double tubes out the back one flow master dbx muffler in the middle,and sounds great!! "deep sound"better than stock
And put it on the dyno to see what we had far as gains were ! wife watch the whole processes and not moved by the all the gear head stuff:frusty:

Performance chip installed

To the wheels we had 305 on e40 and 360 torque the gearing is different because all wheel drive going intercooler next.:cheers:

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The ford ranger was a diesel 2.3 ford motor the platform
We have on our ecostang is the same! Also internal seem to of the same specs except they did not have a turbo it was a normally aspirated one..:cheers:

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The 2.3 can be found in multiple Ford/Lincoln SUVs and has been very reliable. The Ford dealerships that I use have seen ZERO 2.3 failures. The problems with reliability and longevity are due to ECU tuning and other modifications. In the 2 years that I researched 2.3 engine failures I found that over 90% were ECU tuned or backyard engineered. Visit other Ecoboost forums and you will see the same pattern, ECU tuned engines fail at a very high rate compared to non ECU tuned engines.

The 2 .3 is a very reliable engine from the factory and will be an excellent fit for the Ranger.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Is it weird I am hyped for the new ranger?
Not at all. It's been a long time coming. A pickup fills many practical needs here in the US of A...and hey, if it's the same engine as the Ecoboost 'stang, many mods for our cars will be applicable to your pickup, too :D
Sponsored