BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why does it need a V8 again?
It doesn't if it were actually a small truck. The current 3.3L NA V6 in the F150 would be more than enough for a small work truck. They phoned this truck in.

No regular cab
Short box only
Only one engine (and a turbo 4 at that)
No manual
TOO BIG

I have stood next to one of these and it is really not much smaller than an F150. Width is the only noticeably smaller dimension, but it's otherwise huge.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
It doesn't if it were actually a small truck. The current 3.3L NA V6 in the F150 would be more than enough for a small work truck. They phoned this truck in.

No regular cab
Short box only
No manual
TOO BIG

I have stood next to one of these and it is really not much smaller than an F150. Width is the only noticeably smaller dimension, but it's otherwise huge.
How does it compare size wise to the Colorado/Canyon?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How does it compare size wise to the Colorado/Canyon?
Quite similar, which are also enormous compared to their earlier gen.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Why does it need a V8 again?
The small Ranger never had a V8. In a perfect world a small regcab should have a 400hp+ V8. I would trade my C6 for a factory made 2003 S10 Xtreme with a LS3. I love fast and small trucks.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Think I'd rather have an F-150 with the new Coyote and 10-speed in Blue Jeans. :)

Old Rangers were pretty durable and great pick ups. Hopefully this won't be as crazy expensive as the Tacoma is.

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Agreed.
Not everyone wants a box you cant haul anything in. I had a Ranger for years, it was a regular cab and had a regular box. I loved that truck, but this new version, it's nothing more than a SUV without as much cab space, a bigger trunk, and is totally worthless to me.
Reminds me of a grown up 2001-2010 Explorer Sport Trac.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
I'm interested in it as a tow vehicle for the racecar (3250lb Fox Body) and a DD. Should be a great little truck if the programming on the transmission is worth a dang! With peak torque as low as it is on the ecoboost, fuel economy while towing should be decent compared to other gassers, but since I'll be daily driving the thing, the fuel saved when NOT towing is what I'm more interested in.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP

No regular cab
Short box only
No manual
TOO BIG

And the current crop of F150's keeps getting bigger and bigger. Whenever one pulls up next to me at a stoplight when I'm in my '93 Lightning, I always look over at it and think "good lord that's a big pickup." It's a HALF TON pickup, it doesnt need to be the size of a small troop transport vehicle.
But that's just my opinion which obviously isn't shared by many folks as they sure seem to be selling the heck out of them.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
And the current crop of F150's keeps getting bigger and bigger. Whenever one pulls up next to me at a stoplight when I'm in my '93 Lightning, I always look over at it and think "good lord that's a big pickup." It's a HALF TON pickup, it doesnt need to be the size of a small troop transport vehicle.
But that's just my opinion which obviously isn't shared by many folks as they sure seem to be selling the heck out of them.
They are all tanks to me. Even my 99 and 03 Lightnings were too big for me. I love the S10 size.
Sponsored