Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
^^^^Ugghhh i hated the retro wave. Not once did even think about getting s197. Yea I know i got Mach 1 but this car is not retro at all besides a couple decals and a hood scoop.
I liked my 14 but I only had a V6 rip

If I had a 13-14 GT GHIG I wouldn't have traded in even though the S550 is a better car in pretty much every way.

Like in the other thread I don't know why people think people are upset about a refresh over three years into the S550 platform. Ford should have done a bit more out of the box for the S550 but no one is losing sleep, burning their cars, etc. If people were always worried about being outdone by a newer model they would never buy a car.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^Ugghhh i hated the retro wave. Not once did even think about getting s197. Yea I know i got Mach 1 but this car is not retro at all besides a couple decals and a hood scoop.
Only reason I got the retro one was because I was already planning on shipping a car to germany with me, and I wanted it to be something I could make money from.

Side note: anyone else remember before the 2018 came out, the camaro guys were all talk that there's no way it'll be faster because it only has 5 more horsepower but weighs 200lbs more? Well, now that the mustang is running just as fast, I have 3 different camaro guys trying to tell me theres only a 20lb difference between the 2 cars:headbonk::lol:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Only reason I got the retro one was because I was already planning on shipping a car to germany with me, and I wanted it to be something I could make money from.

Side note: anyone else remember before the 2018 came out, the camaro guys were all talk that there's no way it'll be faster because it only has 5 more horsepower but weighs 200lbs more? Well, now that the mustang is running just as fast, I have 3 different camaro guys trying to tell me theres only a 20lb difference between the 2 cars:headbonk::lol:
Ford shows base GT manual at 3705 and auto at 3733. What’s the SS weigh?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
NICE! Lot of potential for great ETs:thumbsup:

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
jake_zx2 You put in a BMR watts link, Tokico d-specs (Ford Racing now I think), tires and you can compete with LOTS of S550s. The watts really changes the S197s. I've had the Fay and BMR watts on my other S197s and really do not need much of a rear antisway bar. Really flat handling without a harsh ride. I was agast at how poorly my S550 handled with the summer tires vs my old S197 with the watts, tokicos and a/s Pirellis, let alone my performance tires.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Ive heard the stock 10a chirp 3rd on you tube reviews as well, it’s in the trans tuning of the shift pressure, not necessarily the extra power. The few people losing their shit at camaro 6 doesn’t t represent the whole Camaro community, come on.
I think it’s great they are now similar in straight line performance.
I’d actually think the 15-17 gt owners would be feelin the butt hurt about now however :doh:

We don’t definitely know, just have to take their word for it. Same goes for the mustang and other car makes as well..
Anyone could have a tune and say it’s stock for example.
That's what Ford Performance Power Packs are for :D. Factory upgrade path, for $1900 you get 472 HP and a 7500 RPM red line, allows you to keep the warranty. If you go after market it doesn't matter any more period. Choose your flavor. Fastest mustang I know of is a drag only car and ran a 6.6 1/4 mile. 3,000 HP.

It's that 3% again...going to peoples heads. Regarding the butt hurt, what about the 2010-2015 SS's, they must be feeling the butt hurt from all the live axle S197's that out draged them and the S550's that out handled them.... These two competitors go back and fourth. Ford or GM comes out with something just a little bit faster then the other matches or beats them. Then it starts all over again. What does it matter? There will always be faster cars. Ford chose a higher reving smaller displacement engine design, GM chose a lower reving torqier but larger displacement engine. Two different ways to get there, one isn't really all that better than the other unless there's some clear limitation that one runs into. So far that's not the case and their peak potential is nearly identical when you look at the fastest drivers in each category on both fast lists.

Chevy had a big advantage with this gen 6 Camaro though that they won't have again, they took the already developed Corvett engine and Cadillac ATS chassis to make the gen 6 Camaro. Ford had to start from scratch and do it all in house with each new chassis. I think what they came up with is pretty darn impressive considering. Remember the SS also costs more. Your paying 5% more for 3% better performance and that's comparing it to the slightly older 2015-2017 GT's...take that 4k~5k and throw it into mods to even up the price and now it's a different story.

Everyone is going to feel the butt hurt from Tesla though, electric power is where it's at. New second gen roadster does a 1.9 second 0-60...250 mph top speed and a 700 mile range....for $200k. There's no production combustion engine car that comes even close.

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Everyone is going to feel the butt hurt from Tesla though, electric power is where it's at. New second gen roadster does a 1.9 second 0-60...250 mph top speed and a 700 mile range....for $200k. There's no production combustion engine car that comes even close.
Vaporware until it is proven. This is simply what Tesla states its goals are.
Sponsored