HYBRID 3 SHIFTER

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Sorry for the noob question. But will the shifter loosen up over time / break in period?
Sponsored

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
I've had mine installed for 5 months or so and it's still tight, and I love it. This shifter and the supercharger are a match made in heaven. The supercharger revs out quick and the shifter allows a quick transition to the next gear.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I've had mine installed for 5 months or so and it's still tight, and I love it. This shifter and the supercharger are a match made in heaven. The supercharger revs out quick and the shifter allows a quick transition to the next gear.
Sweet. I was hoping that would be the case. I paired mine with Boomba's Transmission Mount Street Spec. Yes its alittle noise atm. But the more I drive it the quieter it gets. And these two paired together are like a slice of heaven. Now I can't wait to get my supercharger.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
If we order this shifter from your website, do you have them in stock for immediate shipment? White plain ball with black "Barton" flat stick to be exact. Thanks!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
GTBOB- It would probably ship out Friday of next week.
Ok, cool :clap2: I ordered one off your website on August 25th. Can't wait for the brown truck to throw this thing on my doorstep!!:headbang:

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
This is the best upgrade I've bought since I got my 2017 GT PP in July. I initially had the springs on medium (4 springs total.) After 1000 miles, I added the two additional springs. I wanted a race car type feel (at least what I think is a race car feel:)) and that's what a Barton feels like - solid and firm shifting. And with me, all the springs in is where it's at.
I installed it while my car was on rhino ramps. It took me over 5 hours to install. Note: I took my time, I was working in a very tight space and lighting wasn't the best. It was at night too. I was purposely slow and meticulous. I would not recommend having a shop install it for you. It would be a waste of money. Install is easy. There's multiple install videos. If you use Jack stands it'll be quicker.
I chose to do body mount. I purchased a BOOM MAT 12x12 I think. Just to ensure little NVH.
I traced the sound proofing material and just stuck the Boom Mat on top of it. Doing that actually made the shifter area quieter than stock. I have zero noise.....I mean ZERO.
Anyways, the hybrid is nice. For me it was between the Barton, MGW, and Steeda Triax.
MGS didn't let you keep stock reverse lockout and Steeda reuses stock linkage (if memory serves me right.) Barton was the solid choice. Complete unit.
Hope this helps someone.

Regards

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT
Anyone having issues with theirs? When my car is cold, I get a workout trying to put the car in gear. Even rowing through the gears is a pain. Now when the car heats up, the shifter loosens up and it's great.

Anyone else having similar issues?

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Anyone having issues with theirs? When my car is cold, I get a workout trying to put the car in gear. Even rowing through the gears is a pain. Now when the car heats up, the shifter loosens up and it's great.

Anyone else having similar issues?
I drove my car to the dodger game the other day and was stuck in traffic. While it never overheated, it was exposed to hot temps. The next day, I went out to my car and noticed my shifting was really stiff. I called Barton to see if it needs lube, and they said there's a bushing that may have melted a bit. They sent a new high temp (450 degree) bushing to me so I can replace it. Very quick customer service. I will change it out next week. FYI, I absolutely love this shifter!!

WildPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium with PP
I recently had the Barton Hybrid 3 installed on my 2015 GT PP. Dave on the phone was super helpful answering my questions. I wanted to get the Barton but I was being swayed by the local pony shop toward MGW since he claimed he has never heard of Barton. After speaking with Dave I decided to move forward with Barton and don't regret it a bit. This shifter has made shifting so much more precise and smooth.

Sorry for getting off the topic. I ended up with the pull up because I wanted to keep the OEM look. Barton provides the billet pull up replacing the plastic one and it looks and works great.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hey Dave, I've sent you a PM about a bushing in my Hybrid 3. Can you have a look please? I'd like to get something sorted.

Thanks!
Sponsored