Sponsored

Mustang GT Premium 401A

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but here it goes. Ordered the Mustang of dreams (GT350 is overkill for me) last June, before the ordering deadline closed. Lost patience with the dealer and bought something else during the middle of waiting. The car finally came in a few weeks ago and although I love it, it isn't feasible anymore due to that recent purchase.

If anyone is looking for a 2017 Mustang exactly like this, please send me a PM so I can send you the dealer contact information. It has every option that was available on a 2017 model year Mustang GT Premium, especially the leather Recaro sport seats w/ Premier Trim (and soft-touch surfaces/upgraded leather) and Adaptive Cruise Control with rain-sensing wipers, plus more. MSRP is $47,650, but I trust 99% of M6G members are skillful at haggling.

This is what it looks like (regret not waiting):

Beautiful car as I expected, that I hope any of you would be interested in it, since I am no longer buying it. This is one of the last 2017 model year Premium V8s with 6MT ever built out of roughly 5 for the USDM. The dealer order code and dealer number I can provide by PM, for COTUS and window sticker. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Did you lose patience with the dealer or lose patience with the ordering process which obviously takes 2 months or more?

That thing must be marked 30% off or more since it's now on the lot with 2018MYs.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you lose patience with the dealer or lose patience with the ordering process which obviously takes 2 months or more?

That thing must be marked 30% off or more since it's now on the lot with 2018MYs.
Can't really say point blank it was the ordering process. I was given an ETA by the dealer of early-mid September 2017. What happened is that it ended up becoming a back and forth situation, so I got frustrated even more when the ETA ended up being shown as mid-October, well past my targeted window. In reality, the car didn't show up until a few weeks ago, despite being built around September 20, 2017. I ordered it on June 26th.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Can't really say point blank it was the ordering process. I was given an ETA by the dealer of early-mid September 2017. What happened is that it ended up becoming a back and forth situation, so I got frustrated even more when the ETA ended up being shown as mid-October, well past my targeted window. In reality, the car didn't show up until a few weeks ago, despite being built around September 20, 2017.
So it got held up in transit all that time? That's nuts. Still, as unfortunate as that was, I wouldn't really say the dealership had any control whatsoever of that.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it got held up in transit all that time? That's nuts. Still, as unfortunate as that was, I wouldn't really say the dealership had any control whatsoever of that.
Looking at COTUS, that seems to be quite correct. As of late, I've begun realize they really didn't have any control over it, but provided very poor communication.

It was rather situational in this case where I essentially "abandoned" my order, then changed my mind when it arrived. COTUS had given a weird ETA of 12/17/17 towards the end, then it corrected itself after 2 days and showed it as delivered. What kept happening, is when an ETA date was actually reached, COTUS would blank it out and then show a new date with an additional 30 days tacked on the very next day.

In opening a new automotive account for a similar amount right before it was delivered :doh: and other financial obligations, it is no longer feasible.:(

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I didn't think they did the premier leather on the Recaros? Just leather? Also, lost the heated/cooled seats because of that option and they don't discount it one bit for that option being removed in favor of those seats. One of the main reasons I didn't go with the Recaros when I got the premier trim and 401A.

Adaptive Cruise + manual transmission, how does that work? I love it in my Mazda, but that's an automatic. I would think it wouldn't work properly with a manual unless you're on the highway in 6th gear with some lighter speed changes, but nothing drastic that involves putting the clutch in.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Adaptive Cruise + manual transmission, how does that work? I love it in my Mazda, but that's an automatic. I would think it wouldn't work properly with a manual unless you're on the highway in 6th gear with some lighter speed changes, but nothing drastic that involves putting the clutch in.
Am sure it works just like the cruise control with manual transmission cars. Hitting the clutch deactivates it along with the usual brake or button.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Probably somewhat of a wash in a stick. In autos if you have to say slow down to 50mph and then hit resume on your CC controls, it'll drop a gear and get back up to your cruise speed pretty quickly. In a manual I'd imagine it would be slugging along in 6th.

Basically seems like a waste in a manual since if you have to slow down drastically you will likely be using the clutch anyway.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored
OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't think they did the premier leather on the Recaros? Just leather? Also, lost the heated/cooled seats because of that option and they don't discount it one bit for that option being removed in favor of those seats. One of the main reasons I didn't go with the Recaros when I got the premier trim and 401A.

Really? Just leather (well, pleather or vinyl like reg seats)? The loss of heated/cooled seats was a big deal for me, but I justified the Recaros on the basis I ordered the car specifically for them, plus other niceties.

Now that I think about it, Premier Trim would be a second reason to order. Otherwise, I would found something in dealer inventory much closer to me than even this dealership.

I just got option crazy like a kid in a toy store, when ordering the car (at least regarding Adaptive Cruise). I also thought it would be really interesting to have such a gadget, in what I considered to be the best non-luxury badge RWD coupe of my choice. For some reason, I really prefer the pre-2015 Challenger and pre-2014 Camaro, but the Mustang has always ruled for me the past 13 years (S197 and S550). It is really too bad I missed out on it. I would rather one of us go for it and make the car their own, rather than a non-M6G member.

OP
OP
amk91

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought it in the end!:headbang: Can this thread be closed, since no longer needed.
20171226_174906.jpg
20171226_191727.jpg

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
haha awesome, probably got some good incentives on it too at this point !

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Out of curiosity, what kind of deal did you get if you don't mind sharing?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
ACC in 6M

I have the ACC in my 16 6sp manual GT CS and it works great down to about 50 or so in 6th gear. The engine has more than enough power to speed up when it can. Any lower than 50 and it struggles a touch so at that point it would be better to downshift and re activate it when you could speed up. Pretty cool option.
Sponsored