Sponsored

Cheating on Shelby

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
You sound like me. You're bored with your Hellcat? I had a ScatPac and while it was faster than the GT350, I still like the GT350 better in all aspects. I've been thinking about getting a Hellcat just to be able to hear that Wheeeeee sound.
I thought about a Trackhawk, but I already had a Grand Cherokee and didn't like it and gave it to my son. I don't think a supercharged V8 will make it anymore comfortable.
My wants and desires regarding cars change daily.....sometimes even hourly. :D
Don't get me wrong, the Hellcat is a blast... I have nearly 30k daily driven miles on it and for me, it is tough to beat as a daily driver. Big enough to stuff 2 kids in when needed and powerful enough to smoke about anything I see in the mornings.

I had a couple Jeep SRT's (WK1) as the weekend grocery getter and the only reason we sold them was for a bigger SUV. (Durango R/T). I would have a blast in a Trackhawk. I'd debadge it, paint the calipers black and go hurt feelings....with family and groceries in tow!

I keep going back and forth...get another Viper; get something more practical - Trackhawk / Raptor; getting a F355 Spyder (bucket list); sell all the cars and start over; go down to 2 vehicles?

Track time in the 350 has spoiled me as it's soooo much fun especially now with 200TW tire's. Problem now is driving the 350 on the road makes it feel all caged up. Wish the wife would allow more than one play car so I can get something you can wind out on the street before getting to 60. S2000, base boxster or Miata would fit the bill nicely. If it has to replace the 350 than need something faster such as the S or GTS Porsche models. Viper would be awesome, maybe when the latest gen gets a few years older and pick up a GTC or TA. My understanding is the latest model has more accessible performance.
I had my Gen 2 Viper for about 7 years and then had a 2013 Viper after that... The experience of owning one (and tracking them) are truly amazing. The Viper community is also a huge draw. Part of the reason I want to get back into one is for the people and the VOA. You can get into gen 5 Vipers for $60k-$70k, but they are creeping up in price.

I've always been a fan of the 911, but my wife thinks they're ugly. I don't need her approval, but try to get her blessing. She puts up with my car addiction...so I try to keep her involved (or make her think she is). :lol:
Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
What'd you get? C43?
Yes, great car. Can't believe how fast this thing is with little to no effort and oh by the way the same brake calipers as the Shelby gt350.

Wanted a e63s with awd but they just started releasing them in the last couple weeks.

However I think the choice was good. Seats are superb. The best and most supportive I have been in. Awd which for my commute is a must. All optioned out with panoramic roof, sound system, etc. Just put on Continental DWS tires for winter.

Good choice to cheat on your Shelby with and need some room and amenities

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I had my Gen 2 Viper for about 7 years and then had a 2013 Viper after that... The experience of owning one (and tracking them) are truly amazing. The Viper community is also a huge draw. Part of the reason I want to get back into one is for the people and the VOA. You can get into gen 5 Vipers for $60k-$70k, but they are creeping up in price.

I've always been a fan of the 911, but my wife thinks they're ugly. I don't need her approval, but try to get her blessing. She puts up with my car addiction...so I try to keep her involved (or make her think she is). :lol:
I have been keeping a close eye on the Gen V Vipers. If a decent one comes down to $60k, I'm jumping on it. I love the GT350, but I really want to experience the Gen V's before they start going up in value.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I have been keeping a close eye on the Gen V Vipers. If a decent one comes down to $60k, I'm jumping on it. I love the GT350, but I really want to experience the Gen V's before they start going up in value.
You can get into a 2013 for $60k-$70k range, but I'd opt for a 2014 / 2015 for the 100k miles warranty (versus newer).

Just keep an eye out for the R28/R29 recall (Oil consumption). If it passes these recalls, then the motor is fine.

I'm really wanting to get into a TA 1.0, but the prices peaked some since production ended. I think it's just a bubble though...

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I was contemplating selling my R until I took it to the track... now all I want to do is go to the track. Waiting on some new street wheels / tires so I can drive it more often. I'm a little bored of my DD (Hellcat) just because I have car ADD.

I am always looking at new toys and want to add another Gen 5 Viper (TA 1.0 or TA 2.0), a Trackhawk or maybe a Raptor. This changes almost every week.
Should have tracked the viper. Now I see my self spending 10k on a brake swap and light wheels from forgeline. Forgelines lightest track wheels come close to the weight of the carbon wheels in the R. And obviously the viper wheels are wider all around.
But yea, road course and a fast car become an addiction. Only wish I could afford an ACR or better yet a truck+trailer and a stohr wf1.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Brother the viper is a whole nother level, I admit I never driven a gt350 but when I sat in one the doors felt heavy and the shifter felt clunky. IMO the only downfall of the viper is the low end sound. But once you get up in the high rpms it’s like a beast comes out aaaaand then It’s time to shift! 645hp/600tq only cars that match it are supercharged v8 cars.
And then consider the weight, gt350 is in the mid 3700s, R is mid 3600s, a loaded viper gts is 3400s and a TA or SRT base model is around 3300lbs.

To me the selling point was the looks, performance, rarity. When I saw my brother drive mine to take my step dad somewhere I was like holy fuck that’s my car. I wish my brother would get one so I can admire it while I’m driving mine! Lol

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
^ I have to disagree with you on the sound. I’ve tracked a TA 2.0 at Bondurant, and 3rd gear at WOT sounds like shit. A 350R and a Viper are on totally opposite ends of the sound spectrum.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This R is my poor man’s ACR
Sponsored