Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've seen some tuners say that they are wide open at 2000-2500 rpm.

IMRCs aren't doing anything at 3,100rpm at WOT???

Would have been nice to see the pulls start at 2,000RPM.

What we really need to see is a Power Pack 3 GT350IM vs a tuned 2018GTIM with IMRCs enabled. That would be a better comparison like the motoiq article showing PP2 vs PP3. Using the same tune across all 4 manifolds with IMRC disabled keeps things constant, but it's also abstract when the better flowing manifolds would gain more in the bottom and mid range from IMRCs than stock or the F150 manifold.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Nickrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Is this the right part number? JR3Z-9424-A

May buy one and sit on it for a while myself!

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes that's the right part number. I was told Ford has an eta of March on the manifolds so I put my order in and will just wait and see how long it actually takes to restock. Just watch some of those vendors that are selling them, some of the big name Ford parts sites has them for approximately $275 shipped, while other vendors are selling for $350+.

Is this the right part number? JR3Z-9424-A

May buy one and sit on it for a while myself!

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Yes that's the right part number. I was told Ford has an eta of March on the manifolds so I put my order in and will just wait and see how long it actually takes to restock. Just watch some of those vendors that are selling them, some of the big name Ford parts sites has them for approximately $275 shipped, while other vendors are selling for $350+.
Considering how almost everywhere is sold out, if you want one and can get one at 350 its probably worth it even if the vendor is making an extra 75 bucks off you. The chances are high that ford is going to double the price and stick them in a FRPP box before the next run lol.

brightredlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Performance Pack
On my 2015, the connectors for the IMRC actuators are 2 wire. The 3 wire connectors are for the IMRC open/closed sensors.

MIchael

Sorry for the multiple posts, I just want the information to be separate from my speculation.

so what I see here is the 2015 uses connector part number WPT1261 and the following wiring colors.

Yel/Grn
Blu/Wht
Grn/Vio

While the 2018 uses connector number WPT1492 and the same wiring colors

Yel/Grn
Blu/Wht
Grn/Vio

looks like it might be simple... thoughts?

Sponsored

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
On my 2015, the connectors for the IMRC actuators are 2 wire. The 3 wire connectors are for the IMRC open/closed sensors.

MIchael

I think the difference here is that on the 18 there is only a single 2 pin open/closed connector.. it might be as simple as plugging one in and not the other.. but I dont think we'll be that lucky lol

Both cars have two 3 wire connectors, although the connector itself is different.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Koons appears to have some in stock - https://www.koonsfordparts.com/

Searched via the part # above and found it. ~$270 out the door with shipping. I bit on one. We'll see how this all turns out.

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Koons appears to have some in stock - https://www.koonsfordparts.com/

Searched via the part # above and found it. ~$270 out the door with shipping. I bit on one. We'll see how this all turns out.
I forwarded this to buddy who was looking for one.. he ordered and they emailed him back saying the part was on backorder.. ETA 3 weeks.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I forwarded this to buddy who was looking for one.. he ordered and they emailed him back saying the part was on backorder.. ETA 3 weeks.
Yup, looks like I got the same email. :tsk: I'm fine with that wait, no rush to install it, pending how everything here still turns out.

Tom@Koons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The best information we have from Ford is that the current demand for these exceeds forecast.

27 of them are supposed to be shipped on 01/23 and 85 pieces on 01/30.

Currently only 35 of them on back order throughout the country.
Sponsored