Sponsored

Picked up an Orange Fury 2018 GT PP on Saturday...

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
So I decided I wanted to get a 2018 A10 to use as the daily. Been researching what was in stock in the greater Atlanta area. I wanted a base GT with the A10 and performance package in either Royal Crimson or Orange Fury. Was on my way to see a couple of dealers further away from me when I decided to run by Mall of Georgia Ford. They happened to have just received the exact car I was looking for in Orange Fury. A short negotiation later and I picked it up for $3080 under sticker and traded in my current daily (2013 Escape).

Brought her home and parked her in the garage next to my 2016 Competition Orange GT Premium Performance Pack (8600 miles). Sunday I put in Weathertech front mats and a factory cargo net in the trunk. Today had her tinted. Will be looking to add Xpel very soon. Love the way this new one drives and rides. Need to get some more miles so I can see what she can do in anger.
2orange001.jpg
2orange002.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Negotiated for 3K under OTD or before TTD?

Also congrats!

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Perfect pictures! This is what I was looking for in comparison of the two colors.
I test drove an 18 gt pp the other weekend and I really didn't notice a huge difference over mine. I tried to pick the one closest to mine so probably why no different feel. What are the similarities and differences in the two?
More picts please!

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Double it up! Wow, both look beautitful. Considering the extent of the mods you have on the CO, what are your plans for the new arrival or are you going to keep it stock as your DD?

Sponsored

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Negotiated for 3K under OTD or before TTD
Before TTD. Sticker price was $42,080 and they dropped this to $39,000 after a short negotiation. Added TAVT tax, tag fee, and the subtracted $10K for my trade. Financed just under $32K for 60 months at 2.4%.

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So which color do you like better?
Hard to say right now. I really like the metallic aspect of the Orange Fury, but love Comp Orange too. My daughter says the Orange Fury looks like Kraft Mac & Cheese.

I say the Orange Fury looks like a school bus and the Comp Orange looks like a department of correction bus.

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the similarities and differences in the two? More picts please!
I had always thought that Ford should have offered the performance package with an auto. For me, the combination of the additional power of the gen 3 Coyote, with the 10 speed auto in a performance pack was what brought me to the table.

On my 16, I started modding just days after taking receipt. I really did not get to know the car stock as I had mod fever. I had a tune, JLT intake, catback exhaust, and lowering springs before the car was a month old. To me the 16 never felt that fast, until I put the procharger on it.

The 18 is much smoother, and seems to handle better than the 16 did when stock (if memory serves me correctly). I absolutely love the auto with the 3.55 gears. Pulls really nice. I have not really gone WOT or done much in the way of performance driving yet. Going to get at least 500 miles on here before that.

Will post up some more pictures as soon as I can take a few.

OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what are your plans for the new arrival or are you going to keep it stock as your DD?
Plan A: Keep the 18 stock and just enjoy. Tint, XPEL, weathertech, and that is about it. I have a set of NT05R drag radials on PP rear wheels that I will use to take it to the track and see if I can get here into the high 11's stock.

Plan B: If Procharger can figure out how to put a P1X stage 2 on the 18, then I may buy the required parts to move the Procharger from the 16 to the 18. Make the 18 a street and strip monster and the 16 into a handling machine. Don't tell my wife there is a plan B though.

Cruising18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Oxford White GT
Congratulations on the recent purchase, 92 Cooper. That's a nice looking build! You mention the 2.4% APR... That's a great interest rate! Even with excellent credit I haven't come across numbers like that. Did you go through a credit union?

Sponsored
OP
OP

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on the recent purchase, 92 Cooper. That's a nice looking build! You mention the 2.4% APR... That's a great interest rate! Even with excellent credit I haven't come across numbers like that. Did you go through a credit union?
I had locked in a rate of 2.79% for 60 months from Bank of America before I came to look at the car. The dealership was working with some of their lenders to get me a better rate (and I suspect get a better kick back from the lender). They came up with a 2.4% from Fidelity Bank, so I went for it. My scores were all in the 820's which helped a lot. The lenders were chomping at the bit to get me.

65 stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt 6 speed p/p premium r/r 65 hardtop 289
I really like that rear spoiler, It brings a lot to the car over your c/o without one.Both are very nice rides.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
2.39% for 60 months at Navy Fed...

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
I had locked in a rate of 2.79% for 60 months from Bank of America before I came to look at the car. The dealership was working with some of their lenders to get me a better rate (and I suspect get a better kick back from the lender). They came up with a 2.4% from Fidelity Bank, so I went for it. My scores were all in the 820's which helped a lot. The lenders were chomping at the bit to get me.
similar with me and the wife. we are both in the 820's-830's and we got 1.4% on her 17 escape. i got 2.1% on my 15 when we got that nov 2014. both thru suntrust.
if credit is good you dont have many issues with % or loans in general. once they see the 800+ they practically give you anything you want.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
So ready to get mine next month. 36 days!
I'm loving the OF color. Congrats on your new whip! :)
Sponsored