Sponsored

★ Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds! - Blockit Pre Cut Sound Deadener - GROUP BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I thought a piece of paper fell out of the box when I opened it:lol:.

Seriously tho need a punch out of your man card for reading instructions. LOL
Haaa. Ah man I had to pick. Sending a bunch of mustang guys instructions that reference a vette
Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Fit was excellent, and as said really helps the road noise. I've already dynamat the hell out of the trunk but this mat took it even further.
Awesome. Thank you sir:cheers:

I received mine today after being held up at the Fed Ex for about the last 5 days because of our snow storm and road conditions.

The mat looks to be very impressive! It is much thicker and heavier than I was envisioning. I look forward to putting this in the car and getting some time behind the wheel to see the difference this mat makes. Just need the snow and salt all over the roads to be cleaned up. Hopefully the rain at the end of the week will clean up all the salt and dirt mess currently on the roads.

[MENTION=29942]TKO Performance[/MENTION]Ed did you happen to get the additional block it kit shipped out? Looking forward to lining the spare tire well where my compressors and air ride tank are mounted.
Pm'd ya! :thumbsup:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Put mine in today after finally getting the car back. Fits great but won't drive it much today to tell about sound difference, although I don't doubt it will work. :thumbsup:

Covered it with a grey fabric that matches the trunk interior. Not a huge difference but my OCD wouldn't allow it any other way.
2018-01-12 10.55.40.jpg
2018-01-09 10.10.00.jpg

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Put mine in today after finally getting the car back. Fits great but won't drive it much today to tell about sound difference, although I don't doubt it will work. :thumbsup:

Covered it with a grey fabric that matches the trunk interior. Not a huge difference but my OCD wouldn't allow it any other way.
Dude................ that looks awesome:thumbsup:

Nice job
Ed

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone put a rubber trunk mat over the sound mat? If so how does it fit?

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It should fit just fine. The only thing I could see snagging is if the rubber mat you want to put over it has a raised lip around it that it might catch on the lower two tabs where you hook the cargo net.

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
There are no raised lips on the mat...flat all around.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I already have this mat. Wonder if it will fit with sound mat.
qt.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, might be close with that lip...I'll have to measure the thickness of my mat (unless Ed sees this before I do that tomorrow). How tall is the lip on your mat in the pic...we would have to add that to the thickness of the TKO mat to see if clears the two lower screw knobs that attach the back plastic piece in the trunk. I will also measure with the TKO mat in from it to the knob.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, might be close with that lip...I'll have to measure the thickness of my mat (unless Ed sees this before I do that tomorrow). How tall is the lip on your mat in the pic...we would have to add that to the thickness of the TKO mat to see if clears the two lower screw knobs that attach the back plastic piece in the trunk. I will also measure with the TKO mat in from it to the knob.
Lip is 1.5 inches.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Damn it :doh:, I knew I forgot to do something today...I'll measure in the morning after I get to work...sorry about that.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i don't think it will fit over those knobs but a simple cut of the mat lip at those points will fix it and its not an area you will even see unless you lean into the trunk and look there.

with that being said and having driven with it a bit now I can definitely tell a difference in road noise with the tko mat installed

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=18372]CEHollier[/MENTION] your mat will NOT fit without cutting notches in it. My TKO mat goes right up to the knobs.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Got some drive time today in the car. The exhaust has a different deeper muted tone with the mat installed and there is definitely less road noise transmitted through the trunk. The joints in the road have an audible dull thud sound and is more quiet than before. I currently have it installed on top of my weather tech mat in the trunk, it still fits really well. Part of the tire noise I am sure is because of the summer tires driving around in the upper 30's ambient temperature.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Received my mat today and it’s got some heft to it. I have it laying on my office floor flattening out. I spent some time on the phone with Ed last week discussing the TKO mats, cars and the aftermarket parts/service industry in general. Ed has been around and knows his stuff and I enjoyed talking with him. My Vette would have benefited from this mat as well. I’ll report back after I get the mat in the car. Thanks again Ed, much appreciated.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.