FORD Extended service plans

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
anyone know where to get them cheap? i tried to get a quote from a dealer someone suggested but apparently they cant quote online due to Florida law?
Sponsored

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
You won't be able to get one. Florida law was written so that the consumer gets shafted and has to pay full price for the extended warranty, regardless of whose warranty it is. Even the dealer finance staff pay the same price for the warranty that we do.

Extended warranties are considered insurance and that market is regulated so that everyone pays the same price.

Florida Statute:
634.2825ā€ƒMotor vehicle service agreement cost specified in ā€œprice package.ā€ā€”
(1)ā€ƒWhen the premium or charge for a motor vehicle service agreement or involving such property or merchandise is included in the overall purchase price or financing of the purchase of merchandise or property, the vendor or lender shall separately state and identify the amount charged and to be paid for the motor vehicle service agreement, and the classifications, if any, upon which based; and the inclusion or exclusion of the cost of a motor vehicle service agreement in such purchase price or financing shall not increase, reduce, or otherwise affect any other factor involved in the cost of merchandise, property, or financing as to the purchaser or borrower.

I believe that you need a special license to sell extended warranties in Florida, so out of state companies probably won't go thru the hassle to sell at full MSRP in Florida.

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost - Competition Orange
If you have friends/family in a different state - use their address as your own and have the paperwork shipped there. You can still get the discounted price.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
If you have friends/family in a different state - use their address as your own and have the paperwork shipped there. You can still get the discounted price.
were you able to do this? im just wondering if ill have any issues when i go to use the warantee since it would have been purchased out of state?

Thanks

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
were you able to do this? im just wondering if ill have any issues when i go to use the warantee since it would have been purchased out of state?

Thanks
yes I did - I've had the car in the shop in Florida 2x now under the extended warranty with no issues. When shopping around online I posed a "hypothetical question" to the dealer essentially saying that I just moved out of state, vehicle is still registered in Florida but I have an address out of state - would that qualify? Everywhere I contacted said yes no problem.

I ended up buying through Anderson Koch Ford up in Minnesota and had no issues!

Sponsored

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Have you done this recently? As noted, ESPā€™s are regulated under Florida insurance laws and can only be sold by agents within the State. Before I moved to South Carolina, it was suggested I do what you advised and use an out of state address. Because the ESP is associated with the vehicle VIN, they know where the vehicle is registered. As soon as I gave my VIN, they asked me if my truck was registered in FL? The two dealerships I talked to apologized and told me they canā€™t issue ESPā€™s for FL. Fortunately, I was still under warranty and eligible for an ESP when I got to SC and purchased it there at less than half the cost. You would have to use your friend or family address to register and insure your vehicle and then use that address to get the ESP. Not sure Iā€™d go that route. Florida sucks for ESPā€™s

fsuguy92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you done this recently? As noted, ESPā€™s are regulated under Florida insurance laws and can only be sold by agents within the State. Before I moved to South Carolina, it was suggested I do what you advised and use an out of state address. Because the ESP is associated with the vehicle VIN, they know where the vehicle is registered. As soon as I gave my VIN, they asked me if my truck was registered in FL? The two dealerships I talked to apologized and told me they canā€™t issue ESPā€™s for FL. Fortunately, I was still under warranty and eligible for an ESP when I got to SC and purchased it there at less than half the cost.
Interesting, I did this about a month ago - have no issues and my advisor even pointed to the screen that comes up when he entered my VIN that shows my plan on my vehicle. Maybe I just got lucky...

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
yes I did - I've had the car in the shop in Florida 2x now under the extended warranty with no issues. When shopping around online I posed a "hypothetical question" to the dealer essentially saying that I just moved out of state, vehicle is still registered in Florida but I have an address out of state - would that qualify? Everywhere I contacted said yes no problem.

I ended up buying through Anderson Koch Ford up in Minnesota and had no issues!
Good deal, wished the two dealerships I spoke with would have done the same.
Sponsored