OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Complaint sent Monday, any guesses whether or not I heard back? Did I fuck.

So I called them - funnily enough, they were looking at my case whilst I was on the phone - what a funny coincidence.

Anyway, as my complaint is essentially with the dealership (rather than Ford), that's where it's going, to the dealership principal apparently. Then it's with the dealership to resolve, with pressure from Ford UK.

Very interested to see what the dealership have to say for themselves.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Complaint sent Monday, any guesses whether or not I heard back? Did I fuck.

So I called them - funnily enough, they were looking at my case whilst I was on the phone - what a funny coincidence.

Anyway, as my complaint is essentially with the dealership (rather than Ford), that's where it's going, to the dealership principal apparently. Then it's with the dealership to resolve, with pressure from Ford UK.

Very interested to see what the dealership have to say for themselves.
"who the fk are you leave us alone".

Skip out emailing to the dealership, ask the dealership who the general manager/owner is, send it to him. Not the manager of the team, the guy above him. If they're franchised it'll be on their site - who was the dealership again?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
"who the fk are you leave us alone".

Skip out emailing to the dealership, ask the dealership who the general manager/owner is, send it to him. Not the manager of the team, the guy above him. If they're franchised it'll be on their site - who was the dealership again?
Need to hit em with the "do you know who I am?!" :lol:

Ford CRC just emailed me back saying the complaint has now gone to the Dealer Principle of Think Ford and gave me a name. I don't know if that means the group or this specific dealership, Guildford.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Need to hit em with the "do you know who I am?!" :lol:

Ford CRC just emailed me back saying the complaint has now gone to the Dealer Principle of Think Ford and gave me a name. I don't know if that means the group or this specific dealership, Guildford.
Ronnie pickering right?

I'm struggling to find any relation to "our team" online; and Barons group whoever that is doesn't tag much up on companies house.
https://www.baronsgroup.co.uk/ford/how-to-complain

However after digging they're part of " Group 1 Automotive UK Limited "

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06099813/officers

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hey Kristian, how did the water saga eventually turned out for you?
My case/claim was finally settled last week and I received a 5 hour discount on the 10,5 hours repair bill. :frusty:

As bonus or side damage I haven't been able to properly wash my car during the passed winter Jan/April... so after the repair and first wash I noticed that my hood started corroding, not much though but apparently enough for ford to immediately grant me a new hood... (issue 13)

So here we go again, unfortunately!

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
After using the services of a lawyer, my car is finally going for repair on the 11th June. They are keeping it for up to 4 weeks.

This is for A/C (2nd time broken, now not working since February).

and

Navi. More than 1yr broken.

My advice to anyone with continuing problems that Ford either cant or wont fix, is get a lawyer. It focuses their minds immediately.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
The best advice I can give is to thoroughly research a dealer before buying from them. It's about time Ford realise that these big franchises such as Think and Bristol street are awful. Their after sales is dire and they have very lacking skills in their workshops.

I will NEVER buy another car from Bristol Street motors, in fact I am in a real predicament at the moment as my RS requires a new head gasket due to the recall but I cannot trust Bristol Street to do it. After the mess they made of my mustang, I wouldn't trust them to top up my screen wash.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if it helps at all the lookers near me are very good they just don't have a body shop but their fitters are good enough although i wouldn't call them mechanics as lets face it they aren't these days but as simple part changers and computer pluggers they're fine

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey Kristian, how did the water saga eventually turned out for you?
My case/claim was finally settled last week and I received a 5 hour discount on the 10,5 hours repair bill. :frusty:

As bonus or side damage I haven't been able to properly wash my car during the passed winter Jan/April... so after the repair and first wash I noticed that my hood started corroding, not much though but apparently enough for ford to immediately grant me a new hood... (issue 13)

So here we go again, unfortunately!
Hey Benny,

Well, I'm now happy the water issue is fixed. Have been checking the new carpet and it's still bone dry, even after a fair bit of rain over the past few weeks. Still want to see it get through a winter though!

As for my compensation claim, it's going well. Slow, but well! Since I got the car back, Ford UK handed me over to the dealership manager so I've been liaising with him, received an apologetic phone call & a commitment to address all my concerns. I sent a very long email explaining why I was unhappy and exactly what I expected as a resolution.

So far, for the "cock & balls" incident, Ford have forked out for a full single stage machine polish, along with a full 1 day detail, which included a layer of polymer protection - looked very nice!

I got word from the manager last week that I should see an update today regarding the other stuff, so I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping for some money back due to the whole finance payments situation and also some form of good will from the dealership/Ford.

As Nige says though - gotta pick these dealerships wisely. I went 100 miles away to Hastings, purely for the sales experience - which was worth it. After sales seems to be a struggle down south though :( we really should get a thread going to rate the Ford stores. Wish I would have known about Guildford before I took it in. Well, live & learn eh! :ford:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
:( we really should get a thread going to rate the Ford stores. Wish I would have known about Guildford before I took it in. Well, live & learn eh! :ford:
you set it up, we can all compile our ratings, put up a scaling system so people can't just blanket 10/10 or 0/10 if they like/dislike them

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
you set it up, we can all compile our ratings, put up a scaling system so people can't just blanket 10/10 or 0/10 if they like/dislike them
Will do. Bit like the amazon ratings thing, can keep the first post updated with any new “reviews” as & when they come in. Will try to set that up this afternoon...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
After using the services of a lawyer, my car is finally going for repair on the 11th June. They are keeping it for up to 4 weeks.

This is for A/C (2nd time broken, now not working since February).

and

Navi. More than 1yr broken.

My advice to anyone with continuing problems that Ford either cant or wont fix, is get a lawyer. It focuses their minds immediately.
I think my A/C is going down again as well, also my engine is sweating a bit to much to my liking but they assured me yesterday that it's not the head-gasket but the ring/seal under the plastic cover that is sweating and not to worry about this.

Still Ive been thinking to talk with my lawyer to compile a list of issues I had so far and find a way to buy the extra warranty package after all while my 2 year period is already passed. The suggested solution by the dealer to get me some piece of mind was to trade in this summer for a 17 somewhere in stock. But as you know my car is adapted with hand controls so that's not quite easy to either sell it like that or transfer my adaptation and get both cars homologated, + the loss money on top of it.

Hey Benny,

Well, I'm now happy the water issue is fixed. Have been checking the new carpet and it's still bone dry, even after a fair bit of rain over the past few weeks. Still want to see it get through a winter though!

As for my compensation claim, it's going well. Slow, but well! Since I got the car back, Ford UK handed me over to the dealership manager so I've been liaising with him, received an apologetic phone call & a commitment to address all my concerns. I sent a very long email explaining why I was unhappy and exactly what I expected as a resolution.

So far, for the "cock & balls" incident, Ford have forked out for a full single stage machine polish, along with a full 1 day detail, which included a layer of polymer protection - looked very nice!

I got word from the manager last week that I should see an update today regarding the other stuff, so I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping for some money back due to the whole finance payments situation and also some form of good will from the dealership/Ford.

As Nige says though - gotta pick these dealerships wisely. I went 100 miles away to Hastings, purely for the sales experience - which was worth it. After sales seems to be a struggle down south though :( we really should get a thread going to rate the Ford stores. Wish I would have known about Guildford before I took it in. Well, live & learn eh! :ford:
Happy to hear it's getting solved! Personally Id prefer to leave my dealer out of the lawyer fuzz as they have proven several times to be on my side and appear to be my best allies to deal with Ford HQ. They proved that yesterday again, instead of leaving my car for a couple day's to get the new hood painted and mounted they called me in to get the color dept and specs matched and will call me back in once it's ready for the transfer. I just hope the paint doesn't stand out to much as a replacement hood.

Will see how it goes!

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well...interesting update today.

Last week I raised yet another complaint with Ford Credit (the finance payments was an element Ford UK & the dealership could not do anything about), and today I received a phone call from them. Had a nice long chat about the whole thing!

Remember that I collected my car mid April & since then I've raised a (rather lengthy) complaint directly with Ford, which was then passed on to the dealership manager as well. To date, in addition to many apologetic phone calls & emails, I have been offered;

- Full paint correction & detail - done @ GT101
- Ford parts/services vouchers (from both the dealership & Ford - enough to cover a couple of services) - offered but not yet received
- A full write up on my warranty issue - still waiting!
- Reimbursement for the shift knob that was broken
- A future check of the floor pan under the carpet (probably do that when we get to winter)
- And now...from Ford credit; financial reimbursement based on the amount of time I was without my car (9 weeks). they take the whole complaint in to account, liaise with the dealership, Ford UK & also the Motor Ombudsman & then make a decision on how best to compensate.

Finally feels like I'm getting near the end :) took a lot of energy & patience but it looks like it will pay off :cheers:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Found the energy today to call Ford Credit for an update. Funnily enough their written response to my complaint with them will be in the post on Monday. They did hint at what they had offered though...

Because of the factI wasn't given a courtesy car for a little over 3 weeks, I am being refunded an entire months finance payment - happy days. The girl I spoke to made an interesting point which is worth bearing in mind for any of you that find yourselves in a similar situation...each "area" (Ford Credit, Dealership, Ford customer services) can offer different things regarding complaints. My complaint was complex and covered all 3, and I have in fact received compensation from all of them; vouchers from cust services as an apology, free service (or equivalent in vouchers) from the dealership, and financial reimbursement from Ford credit.

Happy with the outcome, but I'll still read their response next week when I get it - I have the chance to refuse it if I'm not satisfied & progress to the motor ombudsman.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Funnily enough their written response to my complaint with them will be in the post on Monday.
Did my letter arrive? Did it fuck

:explode:
Sponsored