bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL when I race. Im so far out in front. There is no need to look out. But to be clear. Im talking about street driving. Do you text at 190 on a road course? Or are you trying to change the subject?
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Ok. I am the only idiot on here. .
I would agree with that... when it comes to driving.

I have no more issues driving this 2018 Mustang then I had driving my 2017 Camaro. The only time it is/ was any issue was pulling in to traffic on a 45 degree angle. Then, yes, pizz poor. I never considered it a 'cave" and had no trouble ever in traffic. I use mirrors to drive and turning one's head to look-see is right up there with texting or anything else involving not looking forward. Stupid.
That is insane... only looking forward and driving off mirrors...

You are the accident waiting to happen.

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
I would agree with that... when it comes to driving.

You are the accident waiting to happen.
Yeah, I've driven in France 17 years (which is way more challenging than the US and by far), 1.5 years in the US, did so far around 50 roadcourse trackdays/HPDE, no crash, no accident whatsoever...

I must be a real danger for the others...:shrug:

In the Camaro I was still giving a quick glance, but you have to take this low 3/4 visibility into account on this car and adapt by using more the mirrors. No a deal breaker, especially if you have the optional dead spot detection option.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
LOL when I race. Im so far out in front. There is no need to look out. But to be clear. Im talking about street driving. Do you text at 190 on a road course? Or are you trying to change the subject?

Of course not. But when I do text I hold the phone up in my line of vision with the road so I am not really taking my eyes off it. Plus I don't tailgate when I am texting.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah....

You won't pass a driver's test in MN if you don't turn your head and use your eyes in addition to mirrors.

Sorta like relying on a backup cam only without moving your head and looking for what might be coming from the sides as well, IMO.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Yeah, I've driven in France 17 years (which is way more challenging than the US and by far), 1.5 years in the US, did so far around 50 roadcourse trackdays/HPDE, no crash, no accident whatsoever...

You, Sir, have never driven n south Florida. Nothing is more challenging. :D

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Yeah....

You won't pass a driver's test in MN if you don't turn your head and use your eyes in addition to mirrors.

Sorta like relying on a backup cam only without moving your head and looking for what might be coming from the sides as well, IMO.
Same here, I did the US driving test with the Camaro in 2017, no faults at all...I still turn my head because it is required... but like I said several time you don’t see a lot on the 3/4 rear and have to rely more on mirrors

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Of course not. But when I do text I hold the phone up in my line of vision with the road so I am not really taking my eyes off it. Plus I don't tailgate when I am texting.
Ok you just lost all talking rights on this forum you idiot! PUT THE PHONE DOWN! There is never a reason to text and drive. Pull the hell over. If updating your facebook is that important. Don't speak again about anything safety related with that dumb ass answer.:doh: You represent the Camaro boys proudly!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Us motorcyclists REALLY hate texters behind the wheel....

Idiots.

:mad::mad::mad:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The thing that bugs me most about texters is they like to occupy the passing lane but drive slowly so that they feel comfortable looking at the phone more than the road. I swear traffic has gotten 2X worse now that there are texters on the road.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped riding motorcycle’s after 25 years of riding and the main reason was all the distracted drivers. Secondly because I wanted a nice sports car.:)

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I stopped riding motorcycle’s after 25 years of riding and the main reason was all the distracted drivers. Secondly because I wanted a nice sports car.:)
I never started for the same reason.

Have had two accidents where people turned left and said they never saw me...cannot imagine that in a motorcycle.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
The thing that bugs me most about texters is they like to occupy the passing lane but drive slowly so that they feel comfortable looking at the phone more than the road. I swear traffic has gotten 2X worse now that there are texters on the road.
I think it is a heck of a lot more than text messages... these people have to be on facebook, instagram, email, etc...

Today I passed this guy on the bridge doing 35 in a 55... I looked over expecting to see an old man or lady going to church. Young guy was in his phone.

We will need self-driving cars to save ourselves. I think google and other computer companies are so much into self-driving cars so people can stay on their phones!!!! Can't convince me otherwise.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I loved my 2017 Camaro and shopped and drove so many cars to find a replacement. Settled on a 2018 GT. I got rid of it after only 6K miles due to the shuddering issue in the A8. I drove 3 other new Camaros, one pre-2018 Mustang, a 2015 C7 Corvette, 2018 Mazda Miata, a few C6 Corvettes. I liked the 2018 GT best of all of them. I did not like the used 2017 GT as much- it could be that it had a short throw shifter in it- and it felt notchy and I had a hard time shifting it. It's a shame that that A8 tranny is so bad in GM cars and trucks. It is really bad, worse problem than the posts even indicate when the dealer tells you that you are in line to get your torque converter replaced.
Sponsored