Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
For those who use Spotify through Sync, you might have noticed Spotify stopped supporting Ford Sync back in January and no longer shows up in apps, which really sucks. It was the only app I used. This happened after I updated Sync to the latest version... so if you're thinking of doing that, keep this in mind.

You can go to the following page and upvote the request to have Spotify reintroduce support for Ford Sync: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Re-introduce-Ford-Sync-support/idc-p/4428289

You don't have to post a reply there, just VOTE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Not the case for me? I use it every day in my car

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Do you have Apple Carplay or Android Auto? My Spotify works much better on AC than it ever did with Sync.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
See, this is why I use stock music services, you never need to worry about loosing bluetooth connectivity. :D

Jokes aside, this is really a step backwards, I don't understand why these app developers will decide to stop supporting a major car manufacturer's infotainment system.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I have a ā€˜16 and donā€™t have Apple CarPlay. I updated the Sync software and realized you need to swap hardware too in order to get CarPlay. So Iā€™m stuck using Sync 3.
I have a 16 as well and did USB hub swap. It was super easy and well worth it IMO.

OP
OP

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
See, this is why I use stock music services, you never need to worry about loosing bluetooth connectivity. :D

Jokes aside, this is really a step backwards, I don't understand why these app developers will decide to stop supporting a major car manufacturer's infotainment system.
:) right? AM and FM are great sometimes, just not all the time.

I think I might be able to jump through some hardware hoops to get Apple Carplay and get around this issue. I have Sync 3 with Navigation so it sounds like I might just need a new USB module in my center console to make the system Carplay compatible now that I've upgraded to Sync 2.3. Hopefully Spotifiy will show up that way.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yup you just need the USB module and its SUPER easy to replace. Literally takes 5 minutes if that. No risk of breaking anything.

OP
OP

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Yup you just need the USB module and its SUPER easy to replace. Literally takes 5 minutes if that. No risk of breaking anything.
Yeah I'm going to try that... because it sucks having to change playlists through the phone interface while at a stop light or in a parking lot.

Sponsored