Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. That photo of the blower looks UGLY. Ford would not produce an ugly looking blower like that for the GT500.

Would you pay GT500 money (don't know how much but probably at least $60k) for a car that had a blower top that looked like that? I sure as heck wouldn't. That looks nothing like the smooth, shiny parts generally produced by Ford.

I didn't think the photo came from Ford. I'm not sure why you thought I was saying that. I agree Ford wouldn't send out an ugly photo like that.
Why would the "blower top" looks, have to do with anything..? As long as it has practical engineering is all that matters. And yes, that looks nice & clean. Something I would pay for.

WTF r u talking about..?
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Why would the "blower top" looks, have to do with anything..? As long as it has practical engineering is all that matters. And yes, that looks nice & clean. Something I would pay for.

WTF r u talking about..?
And it will most likely have shrouding that covers the fuel injection and electrical bits on the sides.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Nothing. It's too cheesy for modern times.

But the KR designation on the other hand...

I hear what you're saying. I'd still be cool with it being called 'King Cobra'.... whatever they do I'm boring of the Shelby moniker. Wish they'd bring back just regular cobra, or even create something new, but it's probably too risky.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Some are reading way too deep into pre-production hardware. The important point is that it looks to be V8 powered and supercharged at that. The pretty stuff will be detailed by the time the car is announced. Until then, don't get caught up in cosmetics.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

Sponsored

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
Same, I feel like the Shelby name was just a money grab. I always prefered just COBRA, and I also liked the SVT name. Maybe because I was getting into cars then.
I too miss the SVT brand and Cobra name.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Would be a nice Christmas present if Ford would drop a little teaser vid/pic next week building up to January!! Maybe Santa could help!
Would be epic! :amen:

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I hear what you're saying. I'd still be cool with it being called 'King Cobra'.... whatever they do I'm boring of the Shelby moniker. Wish they'd bring back just regular cobra, or even create something new, but it's probably too risky.
Besides, most people probably don't even know what the KR stands for or the story behind it.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I too miss the SVT brand and Cobra name.
I feel like SVT simplified things. You wanted the best vesion? Get the SVT. Now it's:

• Sport
  • RS
  • ST
  • SHO
  • SHELBY
  • Raptor

If could easily be:

• Fiesta SVT
  • Mustang SVT
  • F150 SVT
  • Focus SVT - The question is how the RS would be branded, since it was "brought over" it could likely stay RS.
  • Taurus SHO/SVT - (this I can understand staying SHO as it was a trim before the SVT branding)
  • Fusion SHO/SVT - (This I can see being SHO as it is a "baby" SHO, but could go either way.)

I feel like to me these are just cleaner naming schemes. Maybe the SHO badge could have a little "SVT Engineered" tag under it. similar to here but obviously updated to match the new cars and the 4.6 would say SHO, and the High Performance would "SVT Engineered".

It would cut down on branding costs, and help brand recognition.
Sponsored