Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
That render by Gabe is the best one yet!
Sponsored

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
^^^Agreed the gabe render is the best one done yet and while I didn't like the 18 headlights when they first came out they are really starting to grow on me, why on earth would ford not include new headlights in the design of the new gt500. While the render with the 15-17 headlights looks good it does look dated.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gabe's is probably the most accurate, but this still is and forever will be my favorite
2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-ext-33.jpg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
^^^Agreed the gabe render is the best one done yet and while I didn't like the 18 headlights when they first came out they are really starting to grow on me, why on earth would ford not include new headlights in the design of the new gt500. While the render with the 15-17 headlights looks good it does look dated.
Agreed. The new lights look much more modern.

Seeing the old ones on the top dog just looks wrong and cheap.

Sponsored

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
I'm excited to see the car, but as I said previously, I'm SUPER disappointed they didn't use the 2018 front. The headlights are just so much more agressive on the 2018, and I think it would look like a monster with big open intakes on the lower facia. Also, I feel like because the 15-17 lights are so horizontal, the intakes beside them will make the car look drowsy (Like the automobile magazine rendering)
Lmao, buddy. 17 design is much better. There's a reason they used it for the GT500 and the 17 350

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao, buddy. 17 design is much better. There's a reason they used it for the GT500 and the 17 350
You're joking, right? You realize they used it on the 2015 GT350 because that was the design in 2015, right? you realize they're using it on this one because they developed it in 2016, right? No, the design isn't better (Even if it is subjective). It was only used because the car was supposed to come out when that design was still in effect

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I firmly believe Ford is using the best head light design that will be the most aerodynamic to build the best possible track Mustang.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't whatsoever. I believe that Marketing held the car back because they were selling the HELL out of GT350s and an even hotter mustang coming out at the same time would have impeded on GT350 sales

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
It's an obvious cost issue.They spent the money and time on unique items for a low volume car and no way were they going to make it mainstream while still selling that car and not try to recoup costs for those parts.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I could understand that if it were all the same, but it seems that every body piece on the GT500 is different from the GT350... different lower intakes, different grille, intakes beside the headlight, wider front and rear fenders, front fender vents (maybe?), vented hood, the list goes on. if it's all different, what other reason is there to use the old body style? Simply because the car was SUPPOSED to be released when the old body style was still around. I think there are 2 potential reasons for the delay;

1. Engineering experienced complications. I don't believe this for a second... we're talking about the company that managed to build the clean-slate Ford GT with components that were industry-firsts (like the pushrod/spring variable suspension) in 2 years, and saying it took them 4 years to slap some go fast parts onto an existing platform? I don't believe that

2. Marketing held them up. Think about it, the GT350 sold like hotcakes for 3 years straight. Dealers are STILL getting markup prices on the cars 3 years later. But I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, ever since the 2018 came out, more GT350s have been sitting on the lots. There's a reason Ford debuted the car last minute and there's a reason that the PP2 (a car that will turn faster lap times than a base GT350) started hitting dealerships 2 months early. The GT350 is on it's way out, so now is the time that they don't need to worry about hurting its sales by releasing even hotter mustangs

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I could understand that if it were all the same, but it seems that every body piece on the GT500 is different from the GT350... different lower intakes, different grille, intakes beside the headlight, wider front and rear fenders, front fender vents (maybe?), vented hood, the list goes on. if it's all different, what other reason is there to use the old body style? Simply because the car was SUPPOSED to be released when the old body style was still around. I think there are 2 potential reasons for the delay;

1. Engineering experienced complications. I don't believe this for a second... we're talking about the company that managed to build the clean-slate Ford GT with components that were industry-firsts (like the pushrod/spring variable suspension) in 2 years, and saying it took them 4 years to slap some go fast parts onto an existing platform? I don't believe that

2. Marketing held them up. Think about it, the GT350 sold like hotcakes for 3 years straight. Dealers are STILL getting markup prices on the cars 3 years later. But I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, ever since the 2018 came out, more GT350s have been sitting on the lots. There's a reason Ford debuted the car last minute and there's a reason that the PP2 (a car that will turn faster lap times than a base GT350) started hitting dealerships 2 months early. The GT350 is on it's way out, so now is the time that they don't need to worry about hurting its sales by releasing even hotter mustangs
Just FYI, there is going to be a 2019MY GT350.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Regarding #1: It's actually a LOT easier to hit stretch targets for something as complex as a car when you're starting from a white sheet/clean slate. Having to live within constraints of an existing platform and its sheetmetal makes it much, much more difficult.

Regarding #2: PP2 was not an afterthought and was absolutely part of the '18 scope from the beginning.

Try engineering cars in the auto industry for a while. It may humble your preconceived notions of what's possible, feasible and achievable.
Sponsored