Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I actually just figured it out. Had to enable the installer options in the menu but was able to get the button. Haven't tested it yet.
You got any info on how to setup dual climate controls on this unit by chance?
My manual doesn't give me any hints about this, but Scosche website for this unit clearly says it's possible.
Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You got any info on how to setup dual climate controls on this unit by chance?
My manual doesn't give me any hints about this, but Scosche website for this unit clearly says it's possible.
I'd check the installer menu. Tap the scosche logo on the right screen repeatedly and go through the menu. Might be something there. I'll take a look later to see if I can find it.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Have checked the menu myself. I only can set the heated seats and windscreen in there, but not a dual zone AC or cooled seats. Looks like i have to switch to the Metra kit. Anyone can check if the Metra kit can be set to Celsius instead of Farenheit (i'm in the EU and we use Celsius over here for temperature).

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Have checked the menu myself. I only can set the heated seats and windscreen in there, but not a dual zone AC or cooled seats. Looks like i have to switch to the Metra kit. Anyone can check if the Metra kit can be set to Celsius instead of Farenheit (i'm in the EU and we use Celsius over here for temperature).
Ok, the Metra kit cannot be set to Celsius according to tech support. So far so good.
But whenever i set the climate control to automatic the blower goes full speed and at the same time there is barely any air coming out of the vents.
Anyone had the same problem ever with one of the 5840-kits?

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
I also installed the Scosche kit with the two touchscreens for climate controls. My kit came with a circuit board for the base model buttons as well as for the premium toggles. It's a separate piece and you install the one you need. My question is if I acquire a set of premium toggles along with the rubber backing thing, is that all I need as far as hardware to get the toggles working in a base model? I know I would have to use forscan to enable them. I have been looking to see where I might score a set to try but haven't found anything. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I also installed the Scosche kit with the two touchscreens for climate controls. My kit came with a circuit board for the base model buttons as well as for the premium toggles. It's a separate piece and you install the one you need. My question is if I acquire a set of premium toggles along with the rubber backing thing, is that all I need as far as hardware to get the toggles working in a base model? I know I would have to use forscan to enable them. I have been looking to see where I might score a set to try but haven't found anything. Thanks
i have a premium bezel with buttons im selling, pm me. i had it installed and had the toggles working in my base model, but im not sure how your going to integrate it with the Scosche kit.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
i have a premium bezel with buttons im selling, pm me. i had it installed and had the toggles working in my base model, but im not sure how your going to integrate it with the Scosche kit.
You actually take the buttons from the original bezel and put them in into the dash kits, no matter if the dash kit is from Scosche or Metra.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
You actually take the buttons from the original bezel and put them in into the dash kits, no matter if the dash kit is from Scosche or Metra.
Which is exactly what I did when I ended up installing a metra kit in my car, also had to transfer the circuit board from the factory bezel. At that time though there were two kits, one for base one for premium. Sounds like that's changed?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
For Metra? Depends, they have two kits. One for the base stereo with the 4" display, one for the 8" display. Scosche only has one kit.

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
For Metra? Depends, they have two kits. One for the base stereo with the 4" display, one for the 8" display. Scosche only has one kit.
Interesting, so the scosche does not require transferring the circuit boards anymore?

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Exactly. The current kit from Scosche actually has two circuit boards that you can use, depending on the equipment of the car. 3 or 4-buttons.
But you still need the actual buttons from the car which are transfered from the original dash to the Scosche kit.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep Camera works on the main Screen and Sensors work on the lower right screen.
Hows the unit holding up so far? Say the new unit, got real excited about it, then read this forum when everyone had problems with Scosche before...dont want to waste money on the kit if its going to give me a bunch of problems!

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just a heads up for anyone using a modified premium bezel with an aftermarket radio. You can get steering controls to work using a PAC SWI-CP2, use programming and installation diagram from a 2016 F150. It's real easy to install and it been working perfect for over a month. Link below:

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/swi-cp2

I also use a Maestro RR programmed from a 2016 Transit to get gauges, TPMS, doors, and check engine lights displaying on the stereo. I've had it installed for over a year with no problems. If you don't care about those features you can just use the harness and grab Accessory from the passenger kick by the fuse box. Link below:

Harness -
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ite...sc_ps_google&gclid=CLPr-qvk-NYCFQiSfgodS78LiQ

Maestro RR -
https://www.amazon.com/ADS-MRR-Maestro-RR-Universal-Replacement/dp/B00E4W1644

Install -
http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/RR-FOR/ADS-RR(SR)-FOR02-DS-IG-EN_20170209.pdf

I also added blindspot cameras and combined them down one line using Metra's TE-TSI. I used some generic cameras and diode isolated the blinker and reverse wires to the reverse trigger of the stereo. It doest work as good as the factory but pretty damn close. Links Below:

Multi-camera interface -
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69646_Install-Bay-TE-TSI.html

Cameras -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744C3RNV/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1JQA8VOKM4O8M&colid=4JKZYQK6JLIV

If anyone has any tips for using Forscan to activate drive modes on a manual trans. base ecoboost let me know, that's my next mod.
Quick question, You said you have the Maestro unit wired and working...did you have to do any programming for that to work? Or if i got a head unit that supported Maestro, could i just grab it and wire for the Transit like you did and everything will work? I plan on getting a scoshe dash for steering wheel controls and cameras.

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
So I was able to transfer over the toggles from a premium bezel and use the second circuit board provided. after enabling the mode buttons using forscan, it works like a champ.
Sponsored