Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
- this is my first post here-

I recently bought a GT (Shadow black)- in yellow... brand new

I have a scrape on the back edge of the bonnet paint (literally as you look through the windscreen you can see it) - it is just as if the bonnet wasnt stacked correctly before fitting.

Also

These is a lump of paint missing where the boot opens - at the top of the boot / body opening... looks like an alignment issue...

(I tried to get photos loaded from Photobucket - but I am probably doing something wrong I guess - all I could see in the preview was a url string)

So I am trying to get Ford to sort this out under warranty.... so going to a Ford body shop today for a "warranty assessment" whatever that means?

anyone else had any paint issues?

cheers

Bob
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
- this is my first post here-

I recently bought a GT (Shadow black)- in yellow... brand new

I have a scrape on the back edge of the bonnet paint (literally as you look through the windscreen you can see it) - it is just as if the bonnet wasnt stacked correctly before fitting.

Also

These is a lump of paint missing where the boot opens - at the top of the boot / body opening... looks like an alignment issue...

(I tried to get photos loaded from Photobucket - but I am probably doing something wrong I guess - all I could see in the preview was a url string)

So I am trying to get Ford to sort this out under warranty.... so going to a Ford body shop today for a "warranty assessment" whatever that means?

anyone else had any paint issues?

cheers

Bob
The bonnet scrape could be someone lifting the wiper off the screen without pushing it across first. Happens a lot when washed by dealers preppers who haven’t done a Mustang before.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Ben - my thoughts too - but when I took it to the dealers they disproved it - by trying it in front of me -

they think it is when the bonnet was stacked before fitting (but then again they would do - it would mean it wasnt their fault but the manufacturers!)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome, Bob!

Shame your first post is to declare issues :(

How soon after taking delivery was all of this noticed/flagged with the dealership? Alignment issues are certainly something that they should have no problem doing under warranty.

Re adding pics - you need to hit the "insert image" button, which by default will add your image link with the "/IMG" tags. Should look something like this I think;

"
" (without the quote marks).

The paint should really be picked up on the pre delivery inspection & sorted under warranty.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Doesn't matter if its at factory or at dealers when they prepped the car its still ford warranty and the dealers get paid by ford to do the repair.

only issue i had was a lump of paint on mine holding the rear bumper out of alignment luckily enough i spotted this before picking up as the dealear said cars here if you want to pop in and take a look before the pick up date.
was all sorted for when i picked it up so all good .

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Cheers Ben - my thoughts too - but when I took it to the dealers they disproved it - by trying it in front of me -

they think it is when the bonnet was stacked before fitting (but then again they would do - it would mean it wasnt their fault but the manufacturers!)
if its stoneacre in donny then i'd forget about getting them to actually fix anything i'm surprised those idiots even know what a car is literally a dealership full of morons.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hinch - I couldn't even get Stoneacre to sell me a car! so I went to Castleford instead - at least they did a good (financial) deal and a good p/x - the guys at Stoneacre didn't seem able to stay awake long enough to bother! (going to S****horpe Ford to get warranty assessment done)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hinch - I couldn't even get Stoneacre to sell me a car! so I went to Castleford instead - at least they did a good (financial) deal and a good p/x - the guys at Stoneacre didn't seem able to stay awake long enough to bother! (going to S****horpe Ford to get warranty assessment done)

haha similar experience to me except they told me I couldn't afford it :)
Ended up going to Lookers in Sheffield instead.
Donny has to be the worst place to buy a car in ever and so much more expensive than else where, drive 20 miles away and save a couple of grand (this applies to all brands not just ford)

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
been for assessment - bonnet IS the wiper being caught on it (not picked up on pre-sale check so - down to the dealer.
Boot IS misalignment - so again down to the dealer.

BUT the other "bleb" on the bonnet is apparently a human hair - under the paint!!! (an eyelash)

- this IS under warranty and will entail a respray of the brand new bonnet.
This is something the warranty guy said that would take ages - and never be right....

so I was thinking about Matt black stripes - which will cover the "hair" (its actually a tiny bump in the finish... so stripes would easily cover it ... thoughts????

Bob

Sponsored
OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hindsight - you are right! - I need to get it fixed properly! thanks!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
been for assessment - bonnet IS the wiper being caught on it (not picked up on pre-sale check so - down to the dealer.
Boot IS misalignment - so again down to the dealer.

BUT the other "bleb" on the bonnet is apparently a human hair - under the paint!!! (an eyelash)

- this IS under warranty and will entail a respray of the brand new bonnet.
This is something the warranty guy said that would take ages - and never be right....

so I was thinking about Matt black stripes - which will cover the "hair" (its actually a tiny bump in the finish... so stripes would easily cover it ... thoughts????

Bob
Stripe won't cover it. If anything it would enhance it. Fight for it to be corrected. At least they are both easily replaceable/masked panels. Mine has a patch of paint a different shade on the nearside haunch (which only I have noticed) but there was no way I was going to give my car back to them for that, so I get how you might feel.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
dealer agreed to fix paint issues -

I have asked for a meeting with the dealer principle to discuss compensation in addition to the "issues" being fixed!

...lets see what happens! although I dont think I will hold my breath!

Bob
Sponsored