jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of modifications that I want to do and I have decided to let you all decide which one I should do next.

Here are the choices:

1. Steeda front control arms ($420)
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...sion-Links-w-Bearings-2015-2018-_p_14093.html

2. BMR delrin/spherical vertical Links ($220)
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1571&superpro=0

3. Ported intake manifolds ($145) - im porting these myself
to be ordered from levittown ford

4. Ford performance rear toe links ($70)
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-racing-perf-pack-rear-toe-link-kit-1517.html

5. Steeda rear lower control arm bearing ($130)
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...spherical-bearing-2015-2016-all-555-4117.html

6. Steeda extreme G-trac brace ($165)
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-extreme-g-trac-brace-2015-555-5532.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'd do a tune before I did anything else. It's the best bang for the buck and it honestly transforms how the car drives, not just WOT but part throttle and around town daily driving.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Port it...then tune for it properly. Then I will pay you to do mine! Lol. :lol:

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the cradle lock out? That’s my next mod, or that SVE carbon fiber flat bottom GT350 style steering wheel. That thing is sweet!

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the cradle lock out? That’s my next mod, or that SVE carbon fiber flat bottom GT350 style steering wheel. That thing is sweet!
Yes I do. Great upgrade :)

Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I do. Great upgrade :)
Just reviewed your build thread. You have one sweet S550! What brand and where did you purchase your aluminum pedals? And finally how are they attached? Thanks for your time...

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just reviewed your build thread. You have one sweet S550! What brand and where did you purchase your aluminum pedals? And finally how are they attached? Thanks for your time...
Thank you. I purchased the pedals from CJ pony parts. They are made by Scott drake. They are attached by screws. Let me know if you have other questions. I will be more than happy to answer them.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I would honestly save the money on the steeda front control arm replacement and just get the bearings to match the rear replacements' unless your doing some serious tracking.

And you can get vert links from another manufacture for half that costs I.e. UPR or something. U don't notice much with very links.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I would honestly save the money on the steeda front control arm replacement and just get the bearings to match the rear replacements' unless your doing some serious tracking.

And you can get vert links from another manufacture for half that costs I.e. UPR or something. U don't notice much with very links.
If one does not notice much with there vertical links, should I forego that mod?

I do not plan on tracking the car, but I love doing canyon runs in it. That being said, there is a bit of slop up in front as I have worn bushings from not clocking them right after installing my lowering springs and shocks. Besides, the front still feels a little "floaty" to me, despite doing the mods that I have done, so I believe this will be a great upgrade for me.

[MENTION=29300]USMCtoARMY[/MENTION] - am I wrong in my assessment? And if I were to just get the bearing, I would get it from here: https://www.opmustang.com/store/p23...Pack_Control_Arm_Kit_-_2015-2018_Mustang.html

I am a little lazy and don't want to deal with pressing in the bearing myself. ;)

I know the rear control arm bearing makes a HUGE difference, but do not look forward to the install...heard it is a real pain.

Last edited:

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
If one does not notice much with there vertical links, should I forego that mod?

I do not plan on tracking the car, but I love doing canyon runs in it. That being said, there is a bit of slop up in front as I have worn bushings from not clocking them right after installing my lowering springs and shocks. Besides, the front still feels a little "floaty" to me, despite doing the mods that I have done, so I believe this will be a great upgrade for me.

@USMCtoARMY - am I wrong in my assessment? And if I were to just get the bearing, I would get it from here: https://www.opmustang.com/store/p23...Pack_Control_Arm_Kit_-_2015-2018_Mustang.html

I am a little lazy and don't want to deal with pressing in the bearing myself. ;)

I know the rear control arm bearing makes a HUGE difference, but do not look forward to the install...heard it is a real pain.
The vert links do help but they aren't one of those pieces to your suspension with an IRS that stands out. I'm saying for about $100 you can grab a set and they are a great complimentary piece to your suspension upgrades.

As for your the slop you describe, I have to ask have upgraded your shocks and struts to a quality set? I think you have it, but do you have the BMR cradle lockout kit? And what set of lowering springs are you running? I noticed a HUGE and I mean HUGE difference moving to a quality set of springs, shocks, struts, and lockout kit. World of difference. I installed the vert links before I did those parts and I didn't really notice them.

NOW I get you don't want to put the beating in yourself...so instead of spending like $300 on those parts you listed and if your dead set then I would suggest you just buy the factory PP control arms from TASCA.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

They are brand new and have the bearings...and cheaper.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
The vert links do help but they aren't one of those pieces to your suspension with an IRS that stands out. I'm saying for about $100 you can grab a set and they are a great complimentary piece to your suspension upgrades.

As for your the slop you describe, I have to ask have upgraded your shocks and struts to a quality set? I think you have it, but do you have the BMR cradle lockout kit? And what set of lowering springs are you running? I noticed a HUGE and I mean HUGE difference moving to a quality set of springs, shocks, struts, and lockout kit. World of difference. I installed the vert links before I did those parts and I didn't really notice them.

NOW I get you don't want to put the beating in yourself...so instead of spending like $300 on those parts you listed and if your dead set then I would suggest you just buy the factory PP control arms from TASCA.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

They are brand new and have the bearings...and cheaper.
I have Koni shocks and struts, BMR SP080 springs, BMR’s cradle lockout kit, Steeda IRS inserts, and Steeda rear shock mounts. All of my mods can be found on my journal (see signify Ute for link).

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Jperls,

If you are looking to go with Steeda ... we can look at putting together a package for you ... see if we can get done more for you at once!

Shoot me your contact info & I can work the channels.

Best Regards,

TJ

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Jperls,

If you are looking to go with Steeda ... we can look at putting together a package for you ... see if we can get done more for you at once!

Shoot me your contact info & I can work the channels.

Best Regards,

TJ
I'll say this you can't go wrong with a set of Steeda shocks and struts and the billet strut mounts. Pure gold.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I have Koni shocks and struts, BMR SP080 springs, BMR’s cradle lockout kit, Steeda IRS inserts, and Steeda rear shock mounts. All of my mods can be found on my journal (see signify Ute for link).
Cool. I just reviewed your build thread. Great looking car and awesome build man. You have a really solid suspension build in place. I think what you be missing to tie in your front, at the least, is getting the cowl brace and strut brace with the triangle cowl hood brace(I think that's it's name, lol). I got my set for under 200 and it really improved front end feel. If that doesn't help then try the factory PP front control arm I mentioned. And then throw some new shoes on that Pony!
Sponsored