Sponsored

Throttle cutting out in hard left turns !!!

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Dang that is disappointing. Ford racing did a GT350/GT350R track day at AMP for owners. I would assume they had to of run into the same problem if not worse unless they kept them topped off all day.
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
seems highly tire/driver/track dependent.

On 300tw summer tires, my stock engined car had zero issues at mid ohio, and I ran it down until the gas light dinged. I'll be filling up more often going forward, but just some data for this.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jered
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am on full suspension and slicks, I see fuel starvation between 3/4 and 1/2 tank. Just have to top off every other session. Tc/sc off.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Left hand turn pics Pacific Raceway 10/01/2016

Instructors playing
_N6B5177.jpg
_N6B5405.jpg
_N6B5179.jpg
_N6B5251.jpg

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Bumping this thread.

Myself and 3 other members were at Phillip Island (a counterclockwise circuit) on the weekend and all encountered fuel starvation in the long left hand corners. Anything close to 3/4 a tank and I started getting it.

Any solutions anyone has found other than the foam? I have someone suggest a fuel pump voltage booster, however I don't understand how this could improve the fuel starvation issue. I don't want to run a surge tank as this is my daily.

I'm curious what the difference is with the GT350 setup, I would expect if the GT350 had similar issues it would be more prevalent due to the increased grip and would be mentioned in some reviews.. I believe the GT350 runs duel pumps, however again I do not see how this would help.

Pics for attention.
Phillip Island.jpg
Phillip Island 3.jpg

Sponsored

Wally-Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally-Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP 50AP
Subscribed.

I haven't experienced this, have run the fuel down to almost nothing.
Maybe I haven't pulled enough Gs or the left turns weren't long enough?
Steeda progressives and sway bars but stock P-Zeros...
1024x640_IMG_6857.jpg

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Resurrecting this as curious what other may have done other than the foam ran into this issue today at TGPR on a few of the left handers it's also run counterclockwise. I'm running e85. My car is a GT with mods: gt350 manifold / TB, 47lb injectors, e85 lund tune.

Ruled out all the nannies threw out the day wasted most of my session as i wasn't sure what the deal was and it kept happening with 3/4 tank. And couldn't get far after topping of the tank for every session.

Mine was demanding too much from the pump/tank with the e85 so curious what solutions are out there. I did end up putting 5 gallons of 93 end of day and getting one last session in and it helped the issue by lessening the demand on the pump

Thanks in advance

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
21ll4k0.jpg

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is what I've noticed about our fuel tank:
There is an access hole on both sides of the tank, driver side is fuel pump and a level sender and passenger side also has a hat, but only a level sender.

It looks like you could mount a pump in there as well, so maybe someone with enough $$$ could buy another pump hat and run a pump setup on both sides. Then have the one side push fuel to the driver side and push fuel to the fuel rail.

Maybe an engineer could figure out, I still have my stock fuel hat so maybe one day I'll put in the passenger side and tap it into the main line

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I had this very issue this weekend along with another 2015 GT. Posted in another thread but found this one. Here's the details.

I was at the track and had the engine cut power a couple times coming out of a corner. This was the last couple laps of the session. It is a sweeping left that you hold about 15 seconds and then track out. On track out full acceleration the power cuts out momentarily and then comes back on. The turn starts slow off camber and progresses to 85-95mph at track out with 1+G. Seems like a fuel issue. At this time the tank was ½ full. This doesn’t happen when the tank is full. It took 9 gallons on fill up. Would a boost a pump resolve this? I'll be going with a Whipple in a couple weeks and don't want this happening then.

Running in track mode with traction control turned off 5secs.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Sub'd for the fuel cell info. Good stuff!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
According to this the GT has dual pumps like the GT350, but the Left-hand pump is FR3Z-9H307-E for the GT350 and FR3Z-9H307-B for the GT. Right-hand pumps are the same.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...e/fuel-system-cat/fuel-system-components-scat
I knew the GT350 had 2 pumps, but didn't know that its one each side of the tank. The GT 5.0 only has 1 pump on the drivers side, thats way its sucks air in left hand turns.

I've had both sides of my tank open and can report the following:
1. Passenger side on GT is a fuel level sensor and some kind of suction tube to the drivers side.
2. There are no baffles, trap doors or gates that prevent fuel from sloshing around in the tank, so its no surprise that all the fuel ends up in the passenger side of the tank on left hand turns.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I knew the GT350 had 2 pumps, but didn't know that its one each side of the tank. The GT 5.0 only has 1 pump on the drivers side, thats way its sucks air in left hand turns.

I've had both sides of my tank open and can report the following:
1. Passenger side on GT is a fuel level sensor and some kind of suction tube to the drivers side.
2. There are no baffles, trap doors or gates that prevent fuel from sloshing around in the tank, so its no surprise that all the fuel ends up in the passenger side of the tank on left hand turns.
Interesting that they list two. I'll check my build BOM for my car, though it'll probably just list the whole tank assembly.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Interesting that they list two. I'll check my build BOM for my car, though it'll probably just list the whole tank assembly.
This is all I have in my car, no pump, just this sender, with a tube that I think leads to the driver side.
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.39.57 PM.png
Sponsored