Sponsored

Tsp or SP Headers?

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base Oxford White
Looking at buying Headers Pretty set on Stainless Power or Texas Speed for the pricing. I have a MBRP street Catback. I was wondering if anyone has these and if they directly connect to the MBRP specifically the TSP's because I see beefcake says that the SP's direct connect to the MBRP. However on the TSP's it says that 17+ vehicles will require cutting and welding due to a change in factory exhaust pipe diameter. Not sure if the applies if you have a after market exhaust. Also do catted headers tend to be quieter? Not concerned with having it for smog Im in Cali so screwed either way more I want it to be aggressive but not super loud. Looking for opinions on the 2. From what I read the seem to be solid choices I haven't seen any complaints even though there is not many threads on TSP's
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
catted may be slightly quieter

there is no difference in a 17 header system than an 15-16 system.

any factory connect header will bolt up at the factory connection point without modifying

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have TSP with the MBRP street. It's pretty ridiculously loud. Like I get nervous to downshift and pass anyone on the highway since it sounds like a Nascar is trying to blow by them. It's definitely fun cruising around town though. Can't imagine the SP ones sound all that different.

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have TSP with the MBRP street. It's pretty ridiculously loud. Like I get nervous to downshift and pass anyone on the highway since it sounds like a Nascar is trying to blow by them. It's definitely fun cruising around town though. Can't imagine the SP ones sound all that different.
lol Dying at the Nascar comment. You got the catted version or non catted version? Hoping the catted version will tame it a little. If not I will probably have to add those resonator bullets

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I got the TSP cattless headers and ended up adding cats as the smell was really bad. Adds a huge amount of sound as well.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I have TSP catless. Was too loud with Steeda X & LM2. Just installed Magnaflow Tru X. Now its perfect.

OP
OP

HardWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input fellas. Beefcake also mentioned the Pypes headers. Going to look into them as well. I read step down sacrifice tq down low.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have the catless but someone mentioned the smell of the catless and I've had no issues with that for what it's worth. I'm definitely thinking about another type of catback down the line though.

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
We put SP headers on my brothers car. Not a perfect fit, required a little extra bending in a few areas and we ended up putting an extra clamp around the collector as we were getting some false knock. It seemed the four pipes were vibrating against each other enough for the motor to sense some knock.

TSP is a top notch company. They have been in the LS world for a while and in the last several years come over to the Ford side as well, which is why you probably can't fInd a ton of reviews on their stuff for mustangs.

They will all be equally ear piercing loud without cats. A high flow catted header would be your best bet if you want to avoid ear bleeding exhaust notes.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the input fellas. Beefcake also mentioned the Pypes headers. Going to look into them as well. I read step down sacrifice tq down low.
step actually preserve low end tq

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
+1 to what Beefcake said. I ordered my Pypes Catless long tubes thru them. Great Service and great Price. Went with the Stepped headers because I plan to stay N/A and makes sense to preserve that low end Tq. Getting my car back from the shop later this week with the headers installed.

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Just received my TSP off road headers from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] yesterday. Very nice quality for $725 shipped.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'll be ordering the TSP headers soon for my '18. I've heard the fit is excellent on the 2018s and you can not beat the price.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'll be ordering the TSP headers soon for my '18. I've heard the fit is excellent on the 2018s and you can not beat the price.
the tsp and pypes are both excellent options for the $, let me know when your ready!
Sponsored