Sponsored

I need a small favour.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I wonder if someone here can help me please?

During my digging around with my windows last night I discovered the rear interior plastic trims on the b post and sides is all floppy, like they’ve not got half they’re clips in??

Is your car like this or is mine at fault?? I suspect it’s just USA crap build quality??
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

During my digging around with my windows last night I discovered the rear interior plastic trims on the b post and sides is all floppy, like they’ve not got half they’re clips in??

Is your car like this or is mine at fault?? I suspect it’s just USA crap build quality??
I haven't had this, but a friend did. I pulled it back so another clip popped out and then smacked it back in with the side of my fist. then wasn't loose...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

almost all my interior panels were lose/not clipped together right or damaged because the builder tried to force them when they weren't lined up properly etc. took it back under warranty not longer after getting it for them to replace all the panels.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
almost all my interior panels were lose/not clipped together right or damaged because the builder tried to force them when they weren't lined up properly etc. took it back under warranty not longer after getting it for them to replace all the panels.
I’m probably too late for that option now? Still, my 3M VHB tape arrived today so at least I can fix my side windows now!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I’m probably too late for that option now? Still, my 3M VHB tape arrived today so at least I can fix my side windows now!!
warranty is for 3 years take it back whenever in my case they had to order in all new parts some of them were that badly damaged.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
warranty is for 3 years take it back whenever in my case they had to order in all new parts some of them were that badly damaged.
I get where you’re coming from Hinch, but unfortunately taking the car back to Bridtol Street Gloucester is a one step forwards two steps back affair!!
I investagated the interior panels and discovered that they have cut out the rear quarter window to paint the car and haven’t put it back in properly. It now sits proud of the door glass so the b pillar rubber fit suffers accordingly. It’s shocking that wherever we go these days we get poor workmanship and shoddy jobs.

My Mustang won’t ever go anywhere hear Bristol Street again.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I am with you here Nige - mine will NEVER go anywhere near my original dealer either , its a sad situation really

But Hinch is right - warranty is still there...... and another dealer can cover it

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
near us lookers in sheffield are good don't know about where you are nige

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the rear interior trim is out now. I’m ready to cut the glass out and refit it myself. Ford can’t be trusted to do the job properly, so I’ll do it.

If any of you need advice on removing the rear interior trim drop me a line. It all feels like it’s gonna break but it all pops out if you get the sequence right.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly guys, if any of you are ever in the unfortunate situation where you need a bodyshop, do not use Bristol Street Gloucester.
Some of you will remember the debacle I had with my dented door and how they said they had replaced it and tried to palm me off with filler and paint!! Well in the end I got a new door which was painted and the whole side of the car lacquered. Great you say, that’s what you’d expect? Well, they managed to get fisheyes and dust in the paint, there are scratches from their polishing work, an incorrectly fitted window, poorly fitted trim and now I find clips and screws are missing!!
Every time my car goes into that bloody bodyshop it comes back with more wrong than it went in with!!
I hope Mr Barrett is reading this as my local dealer has put me off ever buying another Ford. Vertu motors are garbage, their customer service is dreadful, the call centre is a pain in the ass and their system of texting to book s service is crap.

My dream of buying a brand new Mustang from USA and watching it coming across the pond has been shattered by a bunch of untrained incapable employees who take no pride in their work and turn out rubbish day in day out.

Rant over, just don’t go to Bristol Street Gloucester guys!!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Honestly guys, if any of you are ever in the unfortunate situation where you need a bodyshop, do not use Bristol Street Gloucester.
Some of you will remember the debacle I had with my dented door and how they said they had replaced it and tried to palm me off with filler and paint!! Well in the end I got a new door which was painted and the whole side of the car lacquered. Great you say, that’s what you’d expect? Well, they managed to get fisheyes and dust in the paint, there are scratches from their polishing work, an incorrectly fitted window, poorly fitted trim and now I find clips and screws are missing!!
Every time my car goes into that bloody bodyshop it comes back with more wrong than it went in with!!
I hope Mr Barrett is reading this as my local dealer has put me off ever buying another Ford. Vertu motors are garbage, their customer service is dreadful, the call centre is a pain in the ass and their system of texting to book s service is crap.

My dream of buying a brand new Mustang from USA and watching it coming across the pond has been shattered by a bunch of untrained incapable employees who take no pride in their work and turn out rubbish day in day out.

Rant over, just don’t go to Bristol Street Gloucester guys!!
i'm fairly sure 99% of all ford dealers are the same the problem is they're used to bulk selling sub 30k cars fiestas etc so they don't try with their customer service.

buying a mustang at 40k + we kinda expect better service/quality more like you'd get and expect in a premium brand but ford just aren't interested.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm fairly sure 99% of all ford dealers are the same the problem is they're used to bulk selling sub 30k cars fiestas etc so they don't try with their customer service.

buying a mustang at 40k + we kinda expect better service/quality more like you'd get and expect in a premium brand but ford just aren't interested.
In a word, “Suck” spring to mind.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Pretty much. Ford in Europe is exclusively an economy car brand, where as the states have had Lincoln (and formerly Mercury) pulling the customer service a notch higher, as well as more expensive models such a the Mustang and F-150.

Plus, Americans are more likely to complain than we are :headbonk:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i do very much like the american approach to customer service really shows up just how bad we are over here with it. what I don't like is how confusing their car pricing is
Sponsored