Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
did you guys ever fix the flickering of the led switchbacks? mine have been doing it for a while now
Sponsored

cleger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1 Metal Metallic
Color Issus, switch back timing

blue1_600x115.gif

2015+ Ford Mustang Switchback LED Kit

With this kit, you can convert the front end of your 2015+ Ford Mustang to an all-LED, cool white modern appearance. This kit fits all models, including Ecoboost, V6, GT, and GT350. *EU/AU spec not compatible

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, including these unique dual-color switchback LEDs! Our HP24 is a brand new design, and the brightest available on the market, designed by our engineering team in St. Louis, Missouri. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. Every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Your purchase includes two 7444-size turn signal bulbs, for perfect fitment in all models S550 Mustang. You can also select side markers if you wish, to complete the cool white, modern look.

This kit includes a pair of front turn signal bulbs which are "switchback," a unique, specialty design. When this bulb is on as normal, with your parking lights or headlights, it shines a nice, pure white color. Anytime you activate the turn signals, it flashes bright amber. Two colors in one bulb, for an awesome lighting effect!

You will also receive a pair of 194-size bulbs, in your choice of brightness and color, to replace the factory sidemarker bulbs. These bulbs are specially designed to distribute light fully in your housing, for a uniform, full appearance, instead of the "dots" of light as you might see with generic LED bulbs.

The installation is 100% plug-and-play. You do not need to do any wiring- just replace your factory bulbs. Due to the circuit design of the 2015 Mustang, you do not need resistors to slow down blinking speed. Your indicator in the dash will blink at a different rate, but your exterior turn signals will always blink at the standard speed. (see video)

LED Components. Diode Dynamics uses only the highest quality LED chips in the production of its bulbs. This means we use only brand-name suppliers, and we tightly control color temperatures with our in-house testing equipment. One sign of low-grade LEDs is a very blue color tone, or mismatched bulbs. Our LEDs will always be uniform in color, with bright whites, rather than sharp blues.

Design. Although LED technology allows for extremely long bulb life, the market is flooded with cheap, generic LED bulbs that fail prematurely due to inferior design and construction. Even bulbs from reputable suppliers are simply standard designs from Asia. They may work, but they are not designed with automotive circuits and applications in mind, so they will always fail within a few years of use.

At Diode Dynamics, we specialize only in lighting, so we have invested in developing quality products. Our engineering team designs bulbs to withstand the harsh automotive environments, both electrically and physically. Our bulbs will distribute light more evenly than standard "tower" designs, and they will last much longer than simple LEDs, powered by basic, cheap circuitry. By using advanced, LED-specific integrated regulation circuits in our bulbs, they are designed to last for years to come.

Off-brand, cheap bulbs also exhibit poor construction quality, as they are often hand-assembled. Quality control is often lax, as the poor construction really won't be noticeable until a bulb fails after only a few months of use. However, common visible problems include poor solder uniformity, high levels of flux in the solder, uneven chip placement, low-gauge terminal wires and terminal alignment, and bulbs held together with inferior adhesives. At best, solder joints will crack and fail on low-quality LEDs after a few weeks of use. In the worst case, these bulbs can damage housings as the extra flux and adhesive evaporates and creates a residue on the lens of the housing. Diode Dynamics bulbs will not exhibit these problems, as they are assembled with much more rigorous standards of quality control, with modern, computerized equipment, and only the best materials, to ensure the highest levels of quality and performance possible.

All Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited replacement warranty.

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

2015 Mustang Switchback Update (Feb. 2015):

I bought this kit and love the idea of everything, EXCEPT...
1- color- I have all different color leds going on at the front of my car at night. The headlights are one color, the fogs are another, and the DRL leds are another color. The factory lights might all be different colors but the match somewhat. Sticking these way off colored leds in my turn signals makes it look tacky to me.

2. Switch back dely. - My foglight will switch back on before the switch back led switches back on, not only do I hate that my fog light switches off when the blinker is applied (roush, so fog lights are centered in car so this looks super tacky) but I despise the fact that when you turn the blinker off the fog lamp and the switch back both come back on at different times.

So in conclusion, is there a way to change the delay of the switch back, and 2, could yall match the color a little bit better please?

OHHH and another idea, I also have the led sidemarker lights for the rear, it would be awesome if you did something similar with the led front turn signals, where were not just replacing the bulbs.

Thanks!:D

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
did you guys ever fix the flickering of the led switchbacks? mine have been doing it for a while now
We've had a redesigned model for several months now, please email our customer service team and we will provide you with a replacement: [email protected]

Thank you,
Nick C.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
How cool would it be.....

If BOTH bulbs on one side could get the switchback look? Would be a cool mod to the mod.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
If BOTH bulbs on one side could get the switchback look? Would be a cool mod to the mod.
Unfortunately, the front side marker is a single-filament 194-sized socket

Nick C.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Nick C.
But we put Man on the moon! Did something like this stop the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor? :D

Seriously, it would not take much to make a smaller version a special socket with a pigtail wiring harness to the other socket.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
But we put Man on the moon! Did something like this stop the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor? :D

Seriously, it would not take much to make a smaller version a special socket with a pigtail wiring harness to the other socket.
Our engineering team is always working on new products

I think you might have your WWII countries mixed up btw

Nick C.

cleger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Nick C.
Yeah, what this guy said.
What I'm thinking is sell a retrofitted turn signal/side-marker combo fixture that replaces whats currently in there now. Like how y'all did with the rear side-marker led lights. [http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...or-2015-2016-ford-mustang-pair/category/1340/]

And get the color and switch back delay more accurate so that it matches the fog light switch back time and maybe more accurately matches one of the other color lamps on the front of our vehicle.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, what this guy said.
What I'm thinking is sell a retrofitted turn signal/side-marker combo fixture that replaces whats currently in there now. Like how y'all did with the rear side-marker led lights. [http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...or-2015-2016-ford-mustang-pair/category/1340/]

And get the color and switch back delay more accurate so that it matches the fog light switch back time and maybe more accurately matches one of the other color lamps on the front of our vehicle.
^^^This. I understand it would have to be wired to the original to be driven by the same timing circuit. You would have to leave the OEM socket dangling or cut off, and install a dual color 194 wired to the product you have now.

cleger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ignored

^^^This. I understand it would have to be wired to the original to be driven by the same timing circuit. You would have to leave the OEM socket dangling or cut off, and install a dual color 194 wired to the product you have now.
Love all the replies we've gotten on our idea... Don't you?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Love all the replies we've gotten on our idea... Don't you?
The 194-sized bulb is a single-filament size, and has a single filament socket. Our engineering team is always working on new products, but a dual-filament 194 bulb doesn't exist, and would be too small to produce decent output with both amber/white LEDs.

Keep an eye on our site for new products and updates

My apologies for the delayed response

Thank you,
Nick C.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website