Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
A Demon on the street? I can't even find an SS 1 or 2 let alone a ZL1. I gotta get out more I guess?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A Demon on the street? I can't even find an SS 1 or 2 let alone a ZL1. I gotta get out more I guess?
I can never even tell if it's the current model year or an older Camaro.

I've seen quite a few Hellcats on the streets. I really hope to see a Demon or two.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I really hope ford offers a track and drag version...an all in one would be hard to pull off both as they would need different suspension set ups, brakes, HP, torque...etc etc.
Would be nice to see a 870 ;) HP drag car and a 750's track set up. Call them different cars or just make them different packages. Whatever your choice is, I'm sure both would sell well. I'd love to see the demon get put to shame with a ford drag package. While I drive off into the sunset with my track pack.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I was interested in the Demon till I saw the whole Drag box thing. I hope Ford stays far away from that with the GT500. I think they are as it seems to be benchmarking the ZL1. An all round super-muscle car is what it needs to be. The ZL1 is kicking supercars asses around race tracks! I agree they could do a separate model it they want to compete with the Demon only in limited numbers. Just not sure it is needed. I think it needs to be more of an American (Porsche Turbo/Nissan GTR) which does everything well. Those cars will blast down a curvy backroad or dragstrip and still travel well!

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I was interested in the Demon till I saw the whole Drag box thing. I hope Ford stays far away from that with the GT500. I think they are as it seems to be benchmarking the ZL1. An all round super-muscle car is what it needs to be. The ZL1 is kicking supercars asses around race tracks! I agree they could do a separate model it they want to compete with the Demon only in limited numbers. Just not sure it is needed. I think it needs to be more of an American (Porsche Turbo/Nissan GTR) which does everything well. Those cars will blast down a curvy backroad or dragstrip and still travel well!
A "standard" top model to slay the zed. A "KR" model to destroy the demon.

In a perfect world...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It's more than just bragging rights. A big reason the Challenger had a sales resurgence over the last couple of years was the PR from the Hellcat. It's hard to know how large the effect is, but the high end aspirational models can definitely help increase awareness of the cars and get people into showrooms.
Let's not forget that Challenger (and Charger) R/T's became available with the 6.4L Hemi (485hp/475tq) from the SRT starting in 2015 that offers a ton of performance for a super low price! It's the Scat Pack for those not up on Dodge stuff (and I own one, in addition to my '14 GT). Dodge is actually selling quite a few Scat Packs.

Dodge has caught up to (and occasionally surpassed) Camaro because they are offering a lot of car for the money. Camaro is just too much money and a mess of ergonomics, despite being a decent performer.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I don't think Ford needs to try to top the Demon, it's a one year model so by the time Ford puts something out in 2019 it will already be discontinued. 755 HP would top the ZL1 and Hellcat.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Exactly. The demon is the car that gets the customer into the dealership. They are gonna end up selling more challengers or even find a sucker for a hellcat, which are sitting at dealerships.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Exactly. The demon is the car that gets the customer into the dealership. They are gonna end up selling more challengers or even find a sucker for a hellcat, which are sitting at dealerships.
EXACTLY!!!
I'm sure more and more people are going to be wanting a Hellcat even more so now, including myself. If the new GT500 isn't a Hellcat killer,......I'll probably go Hellcat Challenger myself. Car is BEAST!
The Demon,....well, that's just a new level. That car is beyond BEAST! Stock and brand new with all the aftermarket goodies. Good job Dodge.
Dodge is killing it right now. :headbang:

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
EXACTLY!!!
I'm sure more and more people are going to be wanting a Hellcat even more so now, including myself. If the new GT500 isn't a Hellcat killer,......I'll probably go Hellcat Challenger myself. Car is BEAST!
The Demon,....well, that's just a new level. That car is beyond BEAST! Stock and brand new with all the aftermarket goodies. Good job Dodge.
Dodge is killing it right now. :headbang:
Agree with Dodge is killing it with the Demon, though there are quite a few guys that don't think so. You said it, it has all the aftermarket goodies, I mean a transbrake from the factory?! Woooow! Don't want to de-rail the thread, but the Demon even if it is a one-year run puts new meaning to the term Beast.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Agree with Dodge is killing it with the Demon, though there are quite a few guys that don't think so. You said it, it has all the aftermarket goodies, I mean a transbrake from the factory?! Woooow! Don't want to de-rail the thread, but the Demon even if it is a one-year run puts new meaning to the term Beast.
Yep, Dodge went big with the Demon! All the more reason for Ford to go nuts with the GT500. If they don't everyone just going to give it a shoulder shrug! The bar has been set high. Hope Ford smashes it! Doesn't mean it has to be a drag racer just very special!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Agree with Dodge is killing it with the Demon
Killing it with the Demon, the Hellcats, (Challenger and Charger), and the TrackHawk Jeep. Dodge Durango SRT and possibly the TRX Rebel as well. Killing it across the board, not just with the Demon.
I "anxiously" await for the new GT500! I hope it's BEAST!! :headbang:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Just saw the TV ad for the Demon. Ford needs to see that, everyone at Ford.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Just saw the TV ad for the Demon. Ford needs to see that, everyone at Ford.
Agreed.

It's not PC. AND THATS WHY ITS GREAT.

All the feminized PC stuff is played out. The general public is tired of that.

The Mustang is Americas enthusiast car. And the one that started the craze.

We already have the eco 4. The alpha dog needs to come equipped to conquer.
Sponsored