BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
[MENTION=14170]ATLalien[/MENTION] got a question for you...do you get the attention from other gear-heads driving your Charger? As you well know driving the S550 you get guys revving their engines, taking off from stop-lights like a banshee, trucks that wanna play etc. By the way I was born & raised in the ATL, Marine Corps brought me out to SoCal and I never looked back :p
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Torred with the Hyperblack wheels. Finally getting sunny again here in NC so hopefully I'll get some good pictures of it today or tomorrow. I looked at the Daytona 392, but really liked the Scat Pack and what it had already.
Sweet, yeah I'd have been perfectly happy with a Scat pack. Didn't even know about the Daytona till the day I bought it. I do like the Daytona seats and the slightly wider tires.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
@ATLalien got a question for you...do you get the attention from other gear-heads driving your Charger? As you well know driving the S550 you get guys revving their engines, taking off from stop-lights like a banshee, trucks that wanna play etc. By the way I was born & raised in the ATL, Marine Corps brought me out to SoCal and I never looked back :p
Interesting question; yes gearheads are all over it, I get a lot of stares from drivers of other sports cars, sedans. Espescially if they here it start up. Most don't try to race, I think half of them are scared it might be a Hellcat.

However, this car doesn't draw the same time of attention the mustang did. Everyone loved the S550, most people seem to just know the charger as a rental sedan or a cop car, and they miss it completely. The word "Mustang" has a lot more cache.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Interesting question; yes gearheads are all over it, I get a lot of stares from drivers of other sports cars, sedans. Espescially if they here it start up. Most don't try to race, I think half of them are scared it might be a Hellcat.

However, this car doesn't draw the same time of attention the mustang did. Everyone loved the S550, most people seem to just know the charger as a rental sedan or a cop car, and they miss it completely. The word "Mustang" has a lot more cache.
Yeah first thing I look for is the cat on the fender when I see one. Have seen a few at the Cars & Coffees out here, if it didn't have the cat on the fenders I would have walked right by it. Pops & I went to the San Diego auto show last month and Dodge had a Hellcat Charger on display - thing was sweet! Cool sedans for sure.

tazdale38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scot
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Traded my 2017 Mustang Gt premium in on Saturday, on a 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona, love my Mustang, but they gave me a 10k rebate, and a $2500.00 discount. Not to mention what they gave me on my trade. The Charger pulls alot more on the bottom end, and the exhaust note is amazing! Both nice cars, but this one goes to the Daytona!

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 13' Road&Track and traded it for the 15' GT.

I miss the R/T but the Mustang is a good switch.

That said I was looking at SCATS when I was in the market for the Mustang. If the right deal came across my radar, who knows.

My 6'1 15yr old just does not fit in the back seat of the Mustang. LOL

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Congrats on the new car, I recently traded my Mustang for a Challenger. I was really close to getting a white Charger Hellcat but changed my mind last second. I think that might be my next car after the chally. I really want to get a white charger hc and debadge it to troll people lol.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I traded my 15 EB for a Challenger. I still like the styling on the Mustang a bit better, but the Challenger gets a lot of attention. I just had sooo many problems with the Mustang and there was no end in sight. No resolution on the DL vibration, rear end making noise, AC evap problems, rattles everywhere... I've had 6 Dodge trucks and no problems at all out of them so I think the Challenger will be fine- it is a very mature platform and really feels screwed together much better than the Mustang, which was a rattly noisy car.
Plus, the car just fits my needs better- the base cloth interior (I hate leather) comes with dual zone AC, almost infinitely better infotainment system and more comfortable seats. Honestly, it's really a 2 door 300. Big car and rides like it but has the style of a muscle car.
2017 Challenger.jpg

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The new HC's remind me of the early late 60's, early 70's Challengers. I do believe the GT350 is a better looking car overall. It also handles much better than the Hellcat. The GT350 engine is like nothing else in the world.

All the above said, I prefer the Challenger. In my opinion the car looks very aggressive. Like a true muscle car should look. The tq curve is fat and anywhere in the RPM range the engine pulls like a freight train. The GT350 is dead until 3500 RPM. I find the seating is more comfortable in the Challenger as well. Last year I did a 900 miles trip to NC and back in the GT350. I could barely walk when I got out. Same trip in the HC and I had no issues. Granted, I'm a big guy at 6'3" and 285 lbs. I also had the Convenience Pack seats not the Recaro's. There is no tram-lining in the HC. Obviously the smaller width tires and less aggressive suspension help the HC in this area. The clutch and trans are far superior in the HC vs the GT350. Even with no return spring the GT350 clutch felt way too light. It was like an on-off switch to me. The transmission in the GT350 is good, but I prefer the gear box and clutch in the HC.

For a few weeks I had both a HC and GT350. I intended to keep both as they are both very different cars. Out out of the blue I got an offer for my GT350 that I simply couldn't refuse.

Another thing I liked about the HC's is they are not as rare as teh GT350's and right now dealers are offering 499 a month leases with 12k miles for 36 months and 2900 down. They are also taking up to 15-20% off MSRP for leftover 2016's. We like the HC's so much that my son is leasing the Pitch Black and I purchased the Go Mango. He's paying 499 per month (including PA use tax) and I was able to negotiate 18% off my HC. 56k for a 71K car is not too bad. Oh that whine of the S/C! Intoxicating. My Go Mango is 1 of 3 configured the same way. In 25 years maybe that will mean something ;)

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Traded my 2017 Mustang Gt premium in on Saturday, on a 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona, love my Mustang, but they gave me a 10k rebate, and a $2500.00 discount. Not to mention what they gave me on my trade. The Charger pulls alot more on the bottom end, and the exhaust note is amazing! Both nice cars, but this one goes to the Daytona!
Daytona 340 or Daytona 392?

I love my scat pack. I don't miss the Mustang. Nothing wrong with either car, just the 4 door sedan fits my lifestyle much better.