Sponsored

2019 - Velocity blue

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Evening folks. Does anyone have a pic of what could be the velocity blue? Is it a metallic color?
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
We had a velocity blue in aus a few years back on the au falcon. If it’s that color I hate it. It’s like a metallic grabber but lighter...

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
E7 on door tag of Fusion at NYIAS. No like.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's a little odd that Ford hasn't officially shown the color since 2019 ordering is now open. Hiding the color at this point only hurts it's sales since nobody is going to order a color they've never seen.

OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
It's a little odd that Ford hasn't officially shown the color since 2019 ordering is now open. Hiding the color at this point only hurts it's sales since nobody is going to order a color they've never seen.
Agree! It’s strange and bloody irritating

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Thanks. Can’t decide if I hate it or love it
Hate might be too strong a word, but definitely not an improvement over LB. If that is Velocity Blue, and it is the same as the Aussie VB used on the Falcon, it is really a very generic blue. Not quite a dark blue, not quite a light blue, not really a bright blue, not a very metalic blue. Just...blue...

Disappointing.

Sponsored

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Will be interesting to see in the wild. The lights at NYIAS can make color look a little more vibrant than they are. It seemed very similar to lightning blue, just lighter. I makes sense since with kona they have a proper dark blue so the light blue should be lighter.
I'm still happy I ordered lightning blue, it's bright yet still dark enough to have a tad of a menacing look...and it's a limited 2 year run :)

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
My 1998 GT is Bright Atlantic Blue. I thought that the VB in the NYIAS picture reminded me of it. My 98 color is one of the most beautiful colors I have ever seen on a production car. Folks often ask if it is a custom color or a repaint, even 20 years on.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Should have brought back Grabber Blue (obviously I'm biased) and I wish they would offer Nitrous Blue on the Mustang (again, biased, had an RS).

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Hate might be too strong a word, but definitely not an improvement over LB. If that is Velocity Blue, and it is the same as the Aussie VB used on the Falcon, it is really a very generic blue. Not quite a dark blue, not quite a light blue, not really a bright blue, not a very metalic blue. Just...blue...

Disappointing.
Hahaha.
I was looking around the ford dealer on Sunday. They had a Denim blue looking focus on the lot. I wanted to know the color and guess what the window sticker said?

"BLUE"!!!! I was ok, well straight to the point.

Similar to Bright Atlantic Blue? :shrug:

DSC_0052.jpg

ford-fusion-2019-0187.jpg
Bright Atlantic Blue looks better so far than this new blue.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
We had a velocity blue in aus a few years back on the au falcon. If it’s that color I hate it. It’s like a metallic grabber but lighter...
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the posted picture. I will have to see it in person to decide. It's one of those colors to me.
Sponsored