SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey guys.... I'm going to be swapping out my ACM for HD radio and I'm wondering if you guys are really pulling your center console to get to the ACM and what not..
Thanks!
Sponsored

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Hey guys.... I'm going to be swapping out my ACM for HD radio and I'm wondering if you guys are really pulling your center console to get to the ACM and what not..
Thanks!
Been a year now for me but follow the instructions and it should be fine. I think you have to really pull out the center console to get to the lower screws securing the dash panel. The ACM is basically a double-DIN head unit with no screen on the front, just the slot for the CD. Look at your center console and you can see the disc slot. The ACM is down there and slid into the cavity, secured by screws on its sides - much like car stereo brackets. The APIM and screen are physically just above it in your dash. All of it is tidied up by the Ford dash bezel - which needs the console out of the way to fully detach?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hey guys

Has any other MFT-Sync 3 guys had any issues with Climate controls on the screen?

My climate control works with the hard buttons, but it doesnt come up on the screen and the soft buttons also dont work.

I believe 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx2 xxxx is the As built I need to change I just dont know what I need to change it too

My car is a 2015 GT Premium w/ dual climate, Cooled/Heated Seats, Etc.

Can I get the as built info from my Vin Backup info?

I also lost my Steering wheel audio controls, not sure if that is related

Thank you
Dave
Your as-built is likely all jacked up.

Go here: http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/

Find a car that matches your car as closely as possible.

Utilizing the as-built for the APIM *only* (the addresses beginning with 7D0) completely reprogram all of your as-built with the as-built from that car.

Then go here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166820&postcount=849

Fine-tune your APIM as-built based on your vehicle's options.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Your as-built is likely all jacked up.

Go here: http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/

Find a car that matches your car as closely as possible.

Utilizing the as-built for the APIM *only* (the addresses beginning with 7D0) completely reprogram all of your as-built with the as-built from that car.

Then go here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166820&postcount=849

Fine-tune your APIM as-built based on your vehicle's options.
Thanks for the tip

Do you think I could also reinstall my old apim copy down the as built into and replace with the new apim?

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Swapped out my ACM, thanks Hex for getting one to me.

I had very little damage from the install. :)
I did lose a blue clip because I went back and pulled the panel above the radio again to check that it was clipped in by the speedometer.. (Looked like it wasn't clipped correctly or something) Dang blue clip stayed on the car and when I pushed the panel back on the clip fell into never never land..

So.. Anyone got a blue clip I can buy off of you? Don't need 4 and looks like most people are trying to get crazy prices on the shipping for those little clips.. Just need one.. :)

Also, just an FYI. Sirius will not move your 5 year travel link/traffic to a new ACM..

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks for the tip

Do you think I could also reinstall my old apim copy down the as built into and replace with the new apim?
No, do not use MFT as-built on a Sync 3 unit. Just follow those steps I gave.

I did lose a blue clip because I went back and pulled the panel above the radio again to check that it was clipped in by the speedometer.. (Looked like it wasn't clipped correctly or something) Dang blue clip stayed on the car and when I pushed the panel back on the clip fell into never never land..

So.. Anyone got a blue clip I can buy off of you? Don't need 4 and looks like most people are trying to get crazy prices on the shipping for those little clips.. Just need one.. :)
Don't feel bad, I must have like four clips in never never land.

I'd get extra because you're going to have to take it apart to replace and you run the risk of losing or breaking more.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I have a 2016 Sync 3 APIM that has As-builts for a fully loaded 2015 MFT 401A car available.

PM me if you want it.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You can get the clips at the dealer in 4 packs for like $5... I've lost maybe 10 clips because I've pulled the whole interior apart multiple times... So I've bought a few bags! White ones are cheaper then the blue.

Its gonna cost like minimum $1 or so to ship you a $1 clip so you may as well just get a bag of 4.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
You can get the clips at the dealer in 4 packs for like $5... I've lost maybe 10 clips because I've pulled the whole interior apart multiple times... So I've bought a few bags! White ones are cheaper then the blue.

Its gonna cost like minimum $1 or so to ship you a $1 clip so you may as well just get a bag of 4.
Or get 50 off eBay for like $7-9 :headbonk:

Sponsored

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
so my GPS usually has me turned around going the direction I'm traveling. or I'm literally going off to the ocean while i'm traveling the opposite direction.

should I do the aluminum foil and spin the gps receiver around?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Increase the area that the antenna is placed on, but the placement shouldn’t matter. I’m. It positive but I think very thin metal might be a better base then the foil.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Increase the area that the antenna is placed on, but the placement shouldn’t matter. I’m. It positive but I think very thin metal might be a better base then the foil.

Hex. Can the speaker plate be removed without popping off the silver trim that stretches to the door?

bbull3t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
[MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] [MENTION=29038]mustangmike86[/MENTION] [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] [MENTION=30165]sv9999[/MENTION] [MENTION=26578]RedfireV8[/MENTION] [MENTION=29252]mgrey[/MENTION] [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] Hi guys please advise:

My friend has a 18 EB premium. He is offering me 8" radio/GPS for a swap of mine radio (I have a 2018 GT base with the 4" radio). Besides the Forscan programming and the GPS antenna would the rest be swap-able unlike if it was swapping with older Mustangs were you need certain wires and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.