Sponsored

Roush Supercharged Handling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
OK, question for you Roushcharged guys. I have a 2017 GT PP 6m and I'm considering adding a Roushcharger. I do autocross and track days. So my question is, how much will I notice the loss of the strut tower bar and cowl brace in cornering? I looked thru the forum and didn't see any post regarding this.
Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Whatever little bit of handling you lose, you will make up with a big smile every time you mash the gas.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you lose any smidge of handling with the loss of what you mentioned you will make up tenfold in power and like the last poster said “smiles”. I love the Supercharger on this setup.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The S550 is nose heavy. Adding weight up front does not help corner speed.

Having tracked a Whippled 15, it sure is fun as long as you understand you are trading corner speed for acceleration.

If you want track performance and power: low mount turbos or rear mount.
Go see Paul Faesslers S550.

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
When I added my Roush supercharger on my 2015 GT I missed the brace bad. What did I do to get the front end tight again? I added a Steeda X brace underneath the front subframe. Added Steeda oversized front adjustable sway bar and last but least have a set of 275 wide tires up front. Now the car handles just as good if not better then better

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I literally don't notice it gone at all. I added quite a few Steeda suspension items and wider tires up front to more than make up for it.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I’d get a Vmp kit instead of Roush, head unit is better and tuning is better for the same price.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The roush is a great unit. Combined with some steeda components. It should do a great job for you. Give me a shout to discuss your build

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
you should be more worried about heat soak than the strut brace. It would be a better idea to do the VMP kit with their heat exchanger already in the price. It will be cheaper than adding one the the Roush kit later. A simple solution to losing the strut brace is the BMR front subframe 4-point brace $139 most places.

JC500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange
Yes the Roush lower heat exchanger sucks it will heat soak in summer easy. I removed mine and went with the VMP Triple pass lower heat exchanger. I went with Roush over VMP as I am in California and have to have a CARB compliant tune to pass smog

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Whipple kit works with the cowl brace. I kept mine on after adding my whipple stage 2.
Sponsored