c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Dang, that event is with my Local ProAuto Sports. I was debating this event or my local NASA in AZ that weekend. Make sure to take video as I want to do that track next year.
It's a fun track, but nothing special. No elevation changes or anything and just gravel/rocks on and off the track (because a lot of people drop wheels lol). But I'll try and get some video. I've ran this configuration about 8 times, should be a few videos on my youtube: reberchris If you want to check. I'll look later and see if I have a video (not in mustang, but my Thundercar) of the full track config. Off to work now... :headbonk:
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I'm thinking it'll be NYST On May 7th. Need to sign up in the next few days though... and I don't have a safe way to get gas to the track and they don't have pumps.
Fun track. There is a gas station not far away and there's enough time between sessions.

WingZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
New to the Mustang HPDE world. Picked up a 2016 GT PP. Coming out of an '06 Mini Cooper S that I've been running for the past 4 seasons.

April 28/29
Nelson Ledges

June 4/5
Mid-Ohio

June 30 - July 1
Pitt Race

Sept 1/2
Pitt Race

Sept 15/16
Nelson Ledges

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Doing a TNiA Friday afternoon at Wild Horse Pass, east course.

Then I shut her down and do some suspension stuff before Inde Motorsports Ranch end of May.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Doing a TNiA Friday afternoon at Wild Horse Pass, east course.

Then I shut her down and do some suspension stuff before Inde Motorsports Ranch end of May.

Is that the one with ProAuto Sports in May?

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I’ll be out at AMP May 5th and Indie May 26th, both with ProAuto. Will be my last two events for this season. Pick back up in the fall.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Waldorf as set up by CDC will be a fun course. Usually it's done with two separate main features that cross in the middle (not exactly like a figure eight). Two cars on course when the first car crosses over to the other side. Last I looked there were 160 "confirmed" drivers with three run groups of 50+.

My spouse and I won't be there this time but we are usually regulars. Great crew.

Most important advice, have fun. Walk the course twice and take advantage of the novice walk. If it seems confusing, ask one of the officials to ride along. You'll get 3 morning and 3 afternoon runs, or 4 morning and call it a day.

Then assuming you are running the PP or similar tires, air them down to about 29F 27R cold. With my PP car, I always start in 2nd gear because the first element is usually immediate. This allows a little more control through that first series. Thereafter, leave it in 2nd. Be smooth (no jerking wheels or abrupt braking). Easier said than done. Just takes time.

Again, have fun. A/X is addictive.
Thanks for the info. I was considering starting in second especially in the beginning while I get used to the track. I have a base with the 3.31 gears so I should be able to start in first. I come from motorcycle racing but have never done anything with cars so the goal this time will be just to take it easy and learn the 4 wheel life.

Times come at later events. I plan to go to these once or twice a month since they do so many. Looking forward to meeting you at one sometime.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
I will be there as well. Either in my 17 or my 95. I freaking love Inde.
I've never been but I've heard great things. Living in SV, that's the closest track to me so I saved my pennies to make sure I could buy mods and still go.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been but I've heard great things. Living in SV, that's the closest track to me so I saved my pennies to make sure I could buy mods and still go.
Well worth it. High speed, low speed, elevation change, etc.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Well worth it. High speed, low speed, elevation change, etc.
How's the temps there? At Wild Horse Pass / West track a couple weekends ago, i was seeing high 240 CHTs. Thinking I may need to flush the radiator and go with water wetter.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How's the temps there? At Wild Horse Pass / West track a couple weekends ago, i was seeing high 240 CHTs. Thinking I may need to flush the radiator and go with water wetter.
I have not had my 2017 out there, just my 96 Cobra. It is always windy and cool. Cold at night. There was testing done on the S550, at least the chassis, done out at Inde. Along with endurance testing at WHP East.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It's not until Aug 31, but I'll be running Mid-Ohio with MVP.
Sponsored