Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks fella's :thumbsup:

Not much going on around here car wise. I have been studying my balls off these past few months for an acting captains spot at he firehouse along with online college classes towards a degree in Fire Science so there hasn't been much time for anything else. Looks like studying for the permanent position (I got the acting spot) and college classes will continue throughout the summer :headbonk:

The wife gave me final approval to go ahead with my GT500 aspirations so looks like come fall I will be parting out this car. Its a bitter sweet decision as I have not loved a car more than I love this one. I have been so happy with all the decisions I made building it. The Whipple, the suspension, the exhaust, everything. This car is such a pleasure to drive. ZERO NVH, insane power on tap and the best riding mustang I have ever had, or been in for that matter. Owning a Shelby GT500 has always been a dream of mine and if all goes as planned it will finally be a reality so to me, it will be worth it.

Well, spent too much time away from the books so back I go lol

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
If you sell before then pm me, Im in the market for something like your car right now.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Personally, I'd keep what you have.

Big deal if it doesn't have some old dude's name on it. I fell for the hype back when I had my '07, and it just wasn't all that.

:shrug:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you sell before then pm me, Im in the market for something like your car right now.
I appreciate the offer, shoot me a PM if your serious. I typically part out and sell to recoup the most money invested but if someone is willing to offer what it is really worth I would consider that to.

Personally, I'd keep what you have.

Big deal if it doesn't have some old dude's name on it. I fell for the hype back when I had my '07, and it just wasn't all that.

:shrug:
I can understand that but it's time for me to have a namesake car. I have owned almost 20 mustangs in the past 32 years, all being GT's. No offense to you or any 2014 and older GT500 owners but I would keep the one I have or even build another one before I picked up one of those because, in my opinion, this car is night and day more car than those version 500's. I'm talking from looks to ride to comfort and obviously power.

The GT350's are pretty spectacular, just missing forced induction for my taste and I am sure the 500 is going to be exactly what I am looking for. I am sure the technology, ride and performance will be the best ever offered and pretty comparable to what I have now become accustomed to.

Thanks for your input my friend :)

Sponsored

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’d be interested in taking a look at some of those parts you pull off if you end up going forward! I’ve always considered air lifting my s550

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I can understand that but it's time for me to have a namesake car. I have owned almost 20 mustangs in the past 32 years, all being GT's. No offense to you or any 2014 and older GT500 owners but I would keep the one I have or even build another one before I picked up one of those because, in my opinion, this car is night and day more car than those version 500's. I'm talking from looks to ride to comfort and obviously power.

The GT350's are pretty spectacular, just missing forced induction for my taste and I am sure the 500 is going to be exactly what I am looking for. I am sure the technology, ride and performance will be the best ever offered and pretty comparable to what I have now become accustomed to.

Thanks for your input my friend :)
I'm positive the upcoming GT500 is going to be awesome, but another possibility would be to have Shelby convert yours to a Super Snake. Even though you've already done a sizable chunk of what that entails yourself....

Namesake, plus it's a 'real' Shelby (i.e. built by them, not Ford) with everything that brings, including that vaunted CSM number and a place in the registry.

Just saying. ;)

I know SA catches a lot of flak on the board, but if I had the money I'd be thinking hard about sending my '15 there.....

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be interested in taking a look at some of those parts you pull off if you end up going forward! I’ve always considered air lifting my s550
Sure thing Dave and how close you are to me makes it a no brainer. I cant believe we live maybe 6 miles apart and we haven't met lol.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm positive the upcoming GT500 is going to be awesome, but another possibility would be to have Shelby convert yours to a Super Snake. Even though you've already done a sizable chunk of what that entails yourself....

Namesake, plus it's a 'real' Shelby (i.e. built by them, not Ford) with everything that brings, including that vaunted CSM number and a place in the registry.

Just saying. ;)

I know SA catches a lot of flak on the board, but if I had the money I'd be thinking hard about sending my '15 there.....
Honestly I didn't even know they did this, I thought you had to start from scratch with them. Very interesting, thanks for the info. I've got my heart set on a GT500 so I will be sitting here hoping it all works out then go from there. :cheers:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good luck with everything going forward Jaime!
I hope you get that GT500 bro. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Sponsored

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Sure thing Dave and how close you are to me makes it a no brainer. I cant believe we live maybe 6 miles apart and we haven't met lol.
Man your guess is as good as mine! but the bass pro shows and good weather are almost here!

I will say I have seen both of your S550's the Auto from afar on Route 1 and the other when it was stripped down to stock at Rodman( Still bummed about missing out on that one :(

I really do hope you get into a GT500 I have been watching a few conspiracy videos on youtube and it looks like it will be a very special car. I know my next car will have room for a few baby seats so I will hold on to the mustang I have now for as long as humanly possible

hopefully we will see each other around soon.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the slow process of returning this car to stock has officially started. Headers came out last weekend, along with a couple things I took out while I was in there. At least the headers went to a good home [MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] :cheers:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well, the slow process of returning this car to stock has officially started. Headers came out last weekend, along with a couple things I took out while I was in there. At least the headers went to a good home [MENTION=16819]Roh92cp[/MENTION] :cheers:
Good times Jamie, and thanks for the lesson on headers buddy.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be vulture but keep me in mind as you take stuff off the car.

Pullies, Upgraded HE, etc are high on my list.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Sad to see it happen but the next car will be something very special I am sure.

I’ve still got my eyes on some suspension goodies so keep me in mind as well
Sponsored