Sponsored

Flush wheel spacing on GT

Wolf Counselor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm putting 1 inch wheel spacers on the back. What have you guys done on the front two so that it is completely flush? Keep in mind I am also lowering the car by 1 inch from stock. :cheers:
Sponsored

MF_AutoDesigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I'm putting 1 inch wheel spacers on the back. What have you guys done on the front two so that it is completely flush? Keep in mind I am also lowering the car by 1 inch from stock. :cheers:
I did 1" spacers all around on my personal car with the stock PP wheels. It's pretty much flush in the front and in the back. That's with sportline springs.

OP
OP
Wolf Counselor

Wolf Counselor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I did 1" spacers all around on my personal car with the stock PP wheels. It's pretty much flush in the front and in the back. That's with sportline springs.
Would you mind posting pictures so I can decide if I go the same route?

Thanks.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I used the 23/25 from http://motorsport-tech.com/ with my stock PP wheels before switching out my wheels altogether.

Adapter - Hub & Wheel Centric Ford Mustang BLACK, 5x4.5 70.5 14mm 1.5 studs 23mm/25mm

If I recall correctly 25 was on the front and 23 on the rear. 23mm is the minumum size wheel spacers you can use and not have the wheels studs rub the inside of the wheel and prevent wheels from going on properly. I believe 25mm is technically 1".

Eibach Proline springs. No rub.

IMG_2052.jpg

wheel poke.jpg

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not sure why this is in the V8 forum.

That being said 1" / 25mm seems to be the sweet spot for being lowered on springs.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I had 25mm spacers all around on Eibach Pro-kits and i thought the front was a little sunken compared to the rear.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
im on 1 inch coyote spacers with steeda ultralite springs. and in the rear is a 275/40/19 Michelin pilot sport 4s instead of the stock Pirelli. and stock Pirelli up front. check out my car on my IG page since I cant figure how to post here. [MENTION=26666]5LTR550[/MENTION]

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
25mm on all 4 is perfect for a lowered S550 with PP wheels

OP
OP
Wolf Counselor

Wolf Counselor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm on the pirelli's all around. Installing 1 inch Eibach Pro kit lowering springs. I purchased a set of the Billit Hubcentric 1 inch spacers for the back but yesterday I was looking at the car before I installed anything and started thinking that once I lower the car, the front two tires are going to be way too tucked in. So 1 inch spacers in the front as well would be the best way to go?

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I'm on the pirelli's all around. Installing 1 inch Eibach Pro kit lowering springs. I purchased a set of the Billit Hubcentric 1 inch spacers for the back but yesterday I was looking at the car before I installed anything and started thinking that once I lower the car, the front two tires are going to be way too tucked in. So 1 inch spacers in the front as well would be the best way to go?
You can go 25mm (1 inch) in the front and the tire will be flush with the fender. A 25mm on the back actually will give a little poke. Even a 20mm on the back has just a bit of poke unless you change the camber. Normal camber and a 15mm on the back will run it flush.

Here's a pic of mine with 20mm's front and rear. (and Eibach Pro Kit)
Thunderhill Crop.jpg

Last edited:

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
nice thats the route im going 20mm all around.. ill be a stud trimming fool this spring lol

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
Did the spacers affect the drive of the car? Does it cause the tire to wear unevenly? Ive had my GT PP for a year now and switched to it from a Honda i drove for 15 years. On that car i put 25mm spacers and after 6 months the tires were all messed up. Just bought PS4s tires and was thinking of putting spacers. Also, I have serious trust issues with anyone touching my car(likely the same as all of you). With that said, who do you trust with switching out your tires? I think i would probably lose my cool if my rims got scratched.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Did the spacers affect the drive of the car? Does it cause the tire to wear unevenly? Ive had my GT PP for a year now and switched to it from a Honda i drove for 15 years. On that car i put 25mm spacers and after 6 months the tires were all messed up. Just bought PS4s tires and was thinking of putting spacers. Also, I have serious trust issues with anyone touching my car(likely the same as all of you). With that said, who do you trust with switching out your tires? I think i would probably lose my cool if my rims got scratched.
Depends on your alignment and suspension setup (at least, springs are a factor)...since the load (center of tires) will be 25mm farther away from the springs, your camber will be ever so slightly more negative. I didn't do it (since my alignment is very conservative), but the best thing would be to perform the alignment after the spacers are installed.
Sponsored