Sponsored

Coyote engine swap

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
I tried to get a quote on trading in my EB but it didn't look like I was getting the best bang out of my buck. Plus I've done so many mods to this car, I might as well gut it and make it my own.

I wanted to buy an engine and tranny package from thepartsfarm.com Anyone have good experiences with these guys?
I tried to buy from them and when it came time for payment they wanted it sent as a gift. I wasn’t comfortable with this and they immediately tried to pressure me and told me they had it sold to somebody else if I didn’t want it so I better decide quickly. I backed out and they continued to try to call and txt me at all hours telling me I was wasting their time and stupid for not reading their terms. In the end I think I made the right decision to back out, just too many red flags.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for notifying me about this! Super good to know!
Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
My mechanic does swaps for a living so I just wanted to find out about this process.

I tried to get a quote on trading in my EB but it didn't look like I was getting the best bang out of my buck. Plus I've done so many mods to this car, I might as well gut it and make it my own.

I wanted to buy an engine and tranny package from thepartsfarm.com Anyone have good experiences with these guys?
I question anyone who keeps adds up about things they've sold just to pad their "stock" :crazy:

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
[MENTION=18960]Eco85[/MENTION] were you able to get all of your parts from midway mustang or did you have to source somewhere else for any other parts? If so, what parts were they?

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
[MENTION=18960]Eco85[/MENTION] were you able to get all of your parts from midway mustang or did you have to source somewhere else for any other parts? If so, what parts were they?
All from midway and he took all my old eco stuff on trade! Really nice guy and clean shop. The parts farm doesnt stock these engine and parts , he wants payment and then buys a car to strip! Midway has a lot to choose from in stock on pallets ready to go !

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
All from midway and he took all my old eco stuff on trade! Really nice guy and clean shop. The parts farm doesnt stock these engine and parts , he wants payment and then buys a car to strip! Midway has a lot to choose from in stock on pallets ready to go !
That's awesome! Do you think he'll accept my engine? I'm all the way in California though....

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Not to get off topic, but anybody have a price breakdown on engines new and used?

I'm curious to see the price difference between all 3, eco,v6,and v8.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
That's awesome! Do you think he'll accept my engine? I'm all the way in California though....
I drove there in person, maybe ship urs to him and let him inspect it then ship the new one? He gave me a good amount $$$$$$

drwalker887

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I thought this was the Ecoboost i4 engine , tuning and mods and bolt ons section. What a pain in the ass to always see this here. Find a forum that us Ecoboost owners don't have to trip over this all the time

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I thought this was the Ecoboost i4 engine , tuning and mods and bolt ons section. What a pain in the ass to always see this here. Find a forum that us Ecoboost owners don't have to trip over this all the time
Well it is a bolt in/on modification :shrug:

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Curious, and sorry if it has already been discussed....

In keeping with the EcoBoost mustang tradition....my dream swap would the 3.5TT EB. Is this as feasible as a 5.0 swap? Meaning, can you source the 3.5 for around or even less than a 5.0? I haven't seen any attempts. Possibly mated to the Tremec 6spd from the gt350? Not sure if the gearing would be ideal for this application, or if it would even fit without major fabrication.

Just dreaming out loud..but if I do find myself in need of a replacement block...this is the route I would love to take.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang

In keeping with the EcoBoost mustang tradition....my dream swap would the 3.5TT EB. Is this as feasible as a 5.0 swap? Meaning, can you source the 3.5 for around or even less than a 5.0? I haven't seen any attempts. Possibly mated to the Tremec 6spd from the gt350? Not sure if the gearing would be ideal for this application, or if it would even fit without major fabrication.

Just dreaming out loud..but if I do find myself in need of a replacement block...this is the route I would love to take.
No idea but id guess it would be about the same on cost

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)

I'd think a v6 car would be a better starting point. You wouldn't have to monkey with engine mounts/etc. as the 3.5 Ecoboost is based off the same block as the 3.7 in the v6 car...:headbonk:

ChrisG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I’ve been messing around with the thought of doing this myself, once my car is paid off and I have garage space. Mine is a 2018 with the ten speed transmission (got an eco to keep car payment and insurance prices down), so I’d definitely want to keep that trans. Would this process be the same if you wanted to re-use the transmission you already have, and just swap the coyote in place of the eco?

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I’ve been messing around with the thought of doing this myself, once my car is paid off and I have garage space. Mine is a 2018 with the ten speed transmission (got an eco to keep car payment and insurance prices down), so I’d definitely want to keep that trans. Would this process be the same if you wanted to re-use the transmission you already have, and just swap the coyote in place of the eco?
No the eco trans will not bolt up, eco bellhousing bolt pattern is different.

ChrisG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
No the eco trans will not bolt up, eco bellhousing bolt pattern is different.
That’s good information, thanks for the reply! Just like you I enjoy projects like this. This thread has given me a lot of useful information that I appreciate
Sponsored