F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So a couple months ago I started asking and looking around to see if anyone had done any testing with the 2015+ F-150 Mani on a 2015+ GT. I couldn't really find any info and a few haters said I was wasting my time and it wouldn't work or do anything. But I decided I must try because my goal is solid TQ numbers. I don't think the 350 mani is the answer for what I need. My car is 80% a track and Time Attack toy. So revving it to the moon to find power will only lead to more problems then I want to deal with. After talking with a few friends who have the 350 Mani they also confirmed it didn't make the car what they needed. So I purchased a F-150 mani and started a new path. I was able to pick one up used on the cheap. The install is very easy, there are a few things you need to make up along the way, but nothing crazy. I was able to watch 350 mani install vids to help. The biggest difference is the F150 mani has an extra sensor on the back of the mani belly. You can either purchase the sensor and use it as a plug, or tap it and put a plug in it. (the path I chose)

The most recent dyno (dynopack, UMS Tuning) I have on my car was March of 2017 for NASA classing. So for the best comparison I knew I would have to dyno the car on the same dyno and same setup. The car had a MMR intake and tune. So for the F150 mani I put the MMR intake back on and left the current tune alone.
For the second dyno run (8.4.17) now with the F150 mani it was around 108 degrees outside, so less then ideal but the dyno tells the story. *The thinner line is the GT mani and MMR intake, the thicker lines are the F150 mani and MMR intake. The peak thicker lines are the F150 Mani and stock airbox W/Airaid big tube. (Best results)
pic3.jpeg
pic1.jpeg
pic5.jpeg
pic2.jpeg
pic4.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have an event in Fontana, CA with Optimas Search for the Ultimate Street Car series in 2 weeks, the plan is to leave the car for now. After the event I will add Long tube headers and a 350 TB, and a tune to see what my final numbers will be. I'm really hoping for 415/425 ish would be awesome!!!

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Bling Bling!!! Also added a Velossa big mouth to jam the airbox full fresh air, along with a green filter.
pic7.jpg
pic9.jpg

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Interesting. :thumbsup:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Interested in your results. More tq is a good thing!

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry, hard to tell from the graph but if i read this right, you gained barely any horsepower, but nearly 20 lb/ft of torque?

If so, that's pretty cool!!!

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
To me it looks like both horsepower and torque is up to +20 from 2000 - 6000 RPM. The stock GT manifold just builds more horsepower above 6000 RPM.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been following this wherever I could find info, very interested in the results.

You don't, by chance, have different graphs available do you?

Or can you post a grid of HP and TQ over the RPMS?

A few weird things, the power (both hp and tq) appears to vary wildly based on rpm. Is this a tuning issue? Design of the manifold? Also, the manifold appears to fall below stock at the high end, last 5-800 right?

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
interesting. im on the journey for more tq as well

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Your tune looks a bit rough with those 3 major torque spikes. IIRC the Mustang GT4 racecar uses the f150 manifold to bump up low-mid range torque and to kill peak power at high RPM from a rule standpoint, and surely in your graph the torque and how takes a huge dive near redline.

Didn't the 350IM bump torque across the board, even at low rpm as well?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your tune looks a bit rough with those 3 major torque spikes. IIRC the Mustang GT4 racecar uses the f150 manifold to bump up low-mid range torque and to kill peak power at high RPM from a rule standpoint, and surely in your graph the torque and how takes a huge dive near redline.

Didn't the 350IM bump torque across the board, even at low rpm as well?
from everything I've read on the gt350 im, it seems to match stock give or take 5wtq until 6k, where the stock im falls off, and the gt350 im keeps going strong to damn near 8k.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll be experimenting with this as well, just got an F150 manifold with apparently 0 miles on it, and it looks like it. I'm hoping to get more midrange oomph so I can potentially not have to ring the thing out at the highest RPMs to get this heavy lard ass moving. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out...

GT350 manifold is not worth the cost, to me. I have almost bought it a zillion times. But I do not believe this engine needs much help at the top end, it needs bottom-end and midrange - badly.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Just purchased same f150 manifold as a new take off on eBay for 63.74 shipped to my door. I'm about to do the same thing and see how it reacts on a stock tune car with same airaid mit. Only thing else done to car is the h pipe and dynomax mini race bullets ,so basically muffler delete only. Thought about having it ported a bit before install but unsure, might just clean it up a bit in throttle body openedinf and get rid of the quiet fingers . Will see once it cools down a bit here in fl.
Sponsored